Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW December 7 to December 13, 2014
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW Dec. 28-Jan. 4 Topic Next Topic: AotW Dec 21 - Dec 27  

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 07 2014 :  12:05:18 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My AOTW is an unknown manufacturer non-powered diecast & wood deep mining train:

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!

Edited by - Mustangs_n_Trains on December 07 2014 12:08:14 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator 

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - December 07 2014 :  12:25:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
These are as cool as it gets.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - December 07 2014 :  12:28:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
quote:
These are as cool as it gets. Here is a self portrait that I did that is currently in the gallery at SIUE. It goes with the mining theme and is titled The Miner Alights.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - December 07 2014 :  12:25:39 AM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 07 2014 :  01:13:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
These are as cool as it gets. Here is a self portrait that I did that is currently in the gallery at SIUE. It goes with the mining theme and is titled The Miner Alights.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - December 07 2014 :  12:28:13 AM

Well done! You are very talented!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - December 07 2014 :  01:48:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
That is a pretty cool mining train, Mustangs.Anyway, my AOTW is yet another IHC mini things pack. Don't worry, there's only two more of these before I run out. This time it's some railroad crossings.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - December 07 2014 :  01:50:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
Very cool artwork!

The mine cars, I think, are BTS. The loco, I don't know.

I think the BTS mine cars are HOn30; if those are them, that means you might be able to pull them with an AHM Minitrains loco. Which will only cost its weight in dollar bills on Ebay these days, sigh...oh those Minitrains prices...

kovacs: Man, those gates and lights are one of those legendary HO molds, cranked out for different manufacturers' cards since Hector was a pup.

Edited by - Autobus Prime on December 07 2014 02:01:34 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - December 07 2014 :  10:57:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:

kovacs: Man, those gates and lights are one of those legendary HO molds, cranked out for different manufacturers' cards since Hector was a pup.

Originally posted by Autobus Prime - December 07 2014 :  01:50:29 AM

Now that I've really looked at them, I have to agree. Bachmann made/makes some crossing gates and lights that look identical to those.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 07 2014 :  12:57:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Nice mining train and portrait!

I received a pack of those little plastic crossings years ago. The gates I never really found a use for beyond my first layout, but the lights/crossing signs blend right in when painted up. Here are two of the survivors on my layout...

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - December 07 2014 :  9:32:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My AOTW is a tool rack and tools for cleaning out the ashes in the locomotive:

Here it is in its natural habitat:

There's no ash pit. Ashes are unceremoniously cleaned out onto the ground then shoveled up and wheeled to the elevator where they're occasionally loaded into a gon and hauled away.

The tools are made of copper telephone wire and some thin sheet copper I got cheap at a nearby surplus store. The shovel was shaped around the nose of some needle nose pliers then soldered to the wire handle. The tools were painted dark and rusty colors.

The rack is made of two posts (round tooth picks) and a square timber (match stick). The hooks are little pieces of wire drilled into the match stick.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2359  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 07 2014 :  9:50:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
These are as cool as it gets.

Thanks Stephen! I thought so too!

Sean

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 07 2014 :  9:52:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
My AOTW is a tool rack and tools for cleaning out the ashes in the locomotive:

Here it is in its natural habitat:

There's no ash pit. Ashes are unceremoniously cleaned out onto the ground then shoveled up and wheeled to the elevator where they're occasionally loaded into a gon and hauled away.

The tools are made of copper telephone wire and some thin sheet copper I got cheap at a nearby surplus store. The shovel was shaped around the nose of some needle nose pliers then soldered to the wire handle. The tools were painted dark and rusty colors.

Awesome Shaggy! Looks like someone made off with a couple of them!

The rack is made of two posts (round tooth picks) and a square timber (match stick). The hooks are little pieces of wire drilled into the match stick.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - December 07 2014 :  9:32:03 PM

Sean

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - December 07 2014 :  9:59:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Awesome Shaggy! Looks like someone made off with a couple of them!
Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - December 07 2014 :  9:52:51 PM

Thanks. I left a couple of hooks in case some other tools occur to me.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2359  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 07 2014 :  10:33:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I love that mine train, Sean.

Steve, you're an amazing sketch artist.

Shaggy, that tool rack is awesome. I can't believe that shovel!

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - December 07 2014 :  10:49:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That is some highly respectable metal work there Steven. Don, I'm diggin' that locomotive tool rack.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - December 07 2014 :  11:35:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
quite simple this time, I have not even opened it yet,,self evident as to what it is

2 mail boxes 2 trash cans 2 fire hydrants 2 benches and a phone booth [remember those ? ]

[URL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/jbsmith966/media/album2/011.jpg.html] /tyco/forum/uploaded/jbsmith966/011.jpg [/URL]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 08 2014 :  01:10:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Great pieces by all of you! I like them all! I need to look for a pack of those railroad accessories with the phone booth and mail boxes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 09 2014 :  12:11:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Here's a replay of a... bridge. Did I mention how much I just loved those...
crossing gates (and what was behind them)? Notice Mt. Tub towering in the background.
Must learn to use that photo editing thingy.

Edited by - Chops124 on December 10 2014 01:30:17 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 12 2014 :  2:55:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Sorry to double dip, but I've been having too much fun with this. It was NOS
from Tin Plate Henry, and works great!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - December 27 2014 :  8:33:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
Nice mining train and portrait!

I received a pack of those little plastic crossings years ago. The gates I never really found a use for beyond my first layout, but the lights/crossing signs blend right in when painted up. Here are two of the survivors on my layout...

Originally posted by DaCheez - December 07 2014 :  12:57:08 PM

Late reply I know, but something about the perspective, color, and layout of that shot just makes that Tyco GG1 look strangely real despite all the odds...like a massive, speeding locomotive. I think it has a lot to do with the way the soft, earth-toned scenery contrasts with the stark silver equipment, and the intersecting lines of the roads and train. Something just works Right in this photo!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 29 2014 :  11:28:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Thanks! That's one of my favourite pics of that layout.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW Dec. 28-Jan. 4 Topic Next Topic: AotW Dec 21 - Dec 27  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000