Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 36 ]  [ Total: 36 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AotW Dec 21 - Dec 27
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW December 7 to December 13, 2014 Topic Next Topic: AOTW - Dec 14 to Dec 20, 2014  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 20 2014 :  11:46:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
My AotW is a 25ft roll of ties.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - December 21 2014 :  11:57:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Good stuff so far, guys.My AOTW is a plastic Jeep toy thing that I made into a junk car on my old west layout section.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 21 2014 :  12:27:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Tyco log unloader, gift of Tin Plate Henry. The button is embossed with
"Press: Do Not Strike." Thank heaven's, I was all ready to beat on it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 21 2014 :  12:51:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Good stuff so far, guys.My AOTW is a plastic Jeep toy thing that I made into a junk car on my old west layout section.

Originally posted by kovacste000 - December 21 2014 :  11:57:36 AM

Looks more like a War Zone to me
Family Dollar sells diecast miltary vehicles for $5 & $3
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - December 21 2014 :  6:26:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Eric, I'm curious what you have in mind for that roll of ties. I've looked at that before and sort of wondered about laying my own track, but that thought is about as far as it went.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - December 21 2014 :  6:30:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by kovacste000 - December 21 2014 :  11:57:36 AM

Looks more like a War Zone to me
Family Dollar sells diecast miltary vehicles for $5 & $3

Originally posted by microbusss - December 21 2014 :  12:51:09 PM

Yeah, actually, now that I look at it, the section actually does resemble a battlefield.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 21 2014 :  6:33:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Picked up yesterday at the Richmond, VA Greenberg show, guy had one of my fav lighting accessories I've been looking for, the Airport version. Not sure if I have this one already or not, but can always use "one more".

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 21 2014 :  8:12:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
L-L also made them with STATION & DOWNTOWN on them
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - December 21 2014 :  9:19:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
The button is embossed with
"Press: Do Not Strike." Thank heaven's, I was all ready to beat on it.
Originally posted by Chops124 - December 21 2014 :  12:27:16 PM

I remember those Tyco buttons. There was a springy contact inside that would make contact with the button about half way down. Beyond that, it would pop into a different shape like those little metal clicker toys and break contact. Then, when released, it would pop back to its original shape. As a kid, I always thought that a doorbell button would be better, but I assume that this kept you from burning out the magnets if you accidentally leaned on the button or set something on it.

You may not be a fool, but you can take comfort in the fact that your button is foolproof.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2355  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 21 2014 :  9:52:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
My Woodland Scenics Cherry Blossom Trees...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 21 2014 :  10:55:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Originally posted by walt - December 21 2014 :  9:52:59 PM

You know, that is just something you dont' see in model railroading much, Walt.... pink trees! I LOVE Cherry blossoms, since I live near Washington, DC, our area has one of the most historical displays every year. I've been down there once to see them, in '99 I believe. Gorgeous to see. I may have to get some someday for my future or stairwell layout, too.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 21 2014 :  10:59:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
Eric, I'm curious what you have in mind for that roll of ties. I've looked at that before and sort of wondered about laying my own track, but that thought is about as far as it went.

Originally posted by Barry - December 21 2014 :  6:26:19 PM

For $2 I thought it was a nice addition to my display case. I don't have much of a practical use for it, I just liked the concept and box art.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - December 22 2014 :  12:38:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Barry - December 21 2014 :  6:26:19 PM

For $2 I thought it was a nice addition to my display case. I don't have much of a practical use for it, I just liked the concept and box art.

Originally posted by DaCheez - December 21 2014 :  10:59:37 PM

Oh man... is *that* ever a slippery slope to go down, buying cool vintage things that you can't use at all just because they're cheap and look neat on a shelf. I do that and I no longer have space to live in. To name some examples...
(list removed because I realized this has the potential for a stupid thread all its own)

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 22 2014 :  01:08:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:

Oh man... is *that* ever a slippery slope to go down, buying cool vintage things that you can't use at all just because they're cheap and look neat on a shelf. I do that and I no longer have space to live in. To name some examples...
(list removed because I realized this has the potential for a stupid thread all its own)

Heh...I've gone down that road a few times. It's never been a HUGE problem, but I'm more selective now about what I buy. Every now and then I'll go through a phase of selling unused stuff on Kijiji...a purge if you will.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 22 2014 :  01:46:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by walt - December 21 2014 :  9:52:59 PM

You know, that is just something you dont' see in model railroading much, Walt.... pink trees! I LOVE Cherry blossoms, since I live near Washington, DC, our area has one of the most historical displays every year. I've been down there once to see them, in '99 I believe. Gorgeous to see. I may have to get some someday for my future or stairwell layout, too.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - December 21 2014 :  10:55:04 PM

Yes, Jerry I thought the Cherry Blossoms looked nice. I bought them along with several other bags of "color". I believe that a little bit of accent color here and there can make a layout much more pleasing to the eye... I'm heading towards a spring time theme so I can have some colorful flowers & trees, etc. I will probably buy a couple more packs of the pink trees before I'm done.. I'd like to see the DC display of Cherry Blossoms.

Eric, I understand the need to buy box art esp at a reasonable price. I too, love the stuff....

Edited by - walt on December 22 2014 01:48:38 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 23 2014 :  3:52:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My AOTW:

A Bathtub!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - December 23 2014 :  5:03:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
My AOTW:
A Bathtub!
Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - December 23 2014 :  3:52:12 PM

Detailing a bathroom interior on your layout raises questions about the proprieties of what HO windows to look through.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2355  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 23 2014 :  5:04:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
My AOTW:

A Bathtub!

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - December 23 2014 :  3:52:12 PM

well you has everything now
but you needs one of my naked women figures for the shower/bath

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - December 23 2014 :  6:20:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
I have seen more than one bath tub or tolet out in the yard or in the junk pile in my day.
Regards, John
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 23 2014 :  6:34:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I have seen more than one bath tub or tolet out in the yard or in the junk pile in my day.
Regards, John

Originally posted by JRG1951 - December 23 2014 :  6:20:27 PM

yeah! Get a bunch of furniture & assorted items & have a Yard Sale in front of a house

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - December 23 2014 :  11:08:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That is fine detail on those bathroom castings. Would be fun to peek in that window; need to find an HO figure with equally fine detail.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - December 24 2014 :  12:49:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
First it's hookers and now it's Peeping Toms. What next????
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 24 2014 :  08:30:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well Sean you have out done your-self. This isn't just the bath-tub. It is all the fixtures of the bathroom. Tub with shower head, and faucets, toilet with seat, and tank, sink with faucets, pluming pipes with sink drain trap, lighting, railings, a mirror for over the sink and the soap-dish with 3 or 4 other things next to it I cant tell what they are. For a old style bathroom it is very complete. The little people will love this bathroom.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - December 26 2014 :  3:12:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I'd hate to hide all that bathroom detail behind a little window where it most likely would never be seen. I envision an old building in the process of being torn down where an entire wall has been removed, exposing the bathroom and all it's fixtures to the eyes of the world...
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 26 2014 :  6:00:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I'd hate to hide all that bathroom detail behind a little window where it most likely would never be seen. I envision an old building in the process of being torn down where an entire wall has been removed, exposing the bathroom and all it's fixtures to the eyes of the world...

Originally posted by gmoney - December 26 2014 :  3:12:07 PM

yeah! Model Power used to make buildings like that & still want those
I want to make a crummy neighborhood
  Previous Topic: AOTW December 7 to December 13, 2014 Topic Next Topic: AOTW - Dec 14 to Dec 20, 2014  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000