Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW - Oct 12 thru Oct 18, 2014
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW - Oct 19 through Oct 25, 2014 Topic Next Topic: LOTW _ Oct 5 to Oct 11, 2014  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 12 2014 :  09:31:31 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Starting off large this week, one of my Lionel 0-27 engines, dug it out while cleaning up yesterday, going to take it in to my hobby job today to see if it runs. Has some rust on the wheels and axles, and oxidation, but not in real bad shape. Got it at an auction a few years back. #2037, made from 1953 through 64 in two separate runs, a fairly common Prairie type 2-6-4 for Lionel, with the whistling tender 6026W, I think. Much better unit than my old Scout type 2-4-2 I had as a child!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 12 2014 :  10:24:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Very interesting attic(?) find. I'm looking forward for you to tell us if it works or not. Any-who, my LOTW for this specific week is a Mantua 0-6-0t saddle tank engine in Reading livery. This locomotive came from the "Reading Way" train pack made in 1994.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 12 2014 :  2:21:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

If you run model trains, you will learn Newtonian Physics. This is an example
of the First Law of Newtonian Physics: objects in motion tend to stay in motion.
At the base of the grade the vintage 1972 Pacific slowed considerably, while
the ten coach passenger train wanted to keep going. Fortunately, no damage.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 12 2014 :  6:12:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
, going to take it in to my hobby job today to see if it runs.
Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - October 12 2014 :  09:31:31 AM

Well, I DID take it to my shop today, and I had to clean off the brush plate on the armature with alcohol , it was loaded up with black stuff. After that, and some oil on the wheel bushings, it finally started to move, and I was finally able to get it to go back and forth in both directions after some "finger coercion". LOL! Obviously had NOT been run in some time. This was an auction buy (local, not Ebay ) about 3 years ago. The tender has a whistle in it, I had to break it free with my finger as well, but then it had a sound worse than a zombie corpse , it was more rattle than whistle. So that tender needs to be taken apart and everything oiled, but at least it's moving and semi-working now . Even the smoke unit worked! I was surprised to see it puff, so I quickly put some fluid in it, and it started puffing away slowly as I ran it back and forth on the 3' test track at work. Amazing how long some of these Lionel engines can sit and still work with a little persuasion. Hope to get it lubed and cleaned up enough to use it this year. My much newer Polar Express is running, I just don't have a modern transformer for it, will have to remedy that sometime. But my 0-27 equipment is slowly coming online this year.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 12 2014 :  6:44:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:

of the First Law of Newtonian Physics: objects in motion tend to stay in motion.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 12 2014 :  2:21:23 PM

I actually learned that in a commercial a while back.Heck, I learned about it in a commercial before my science teacher tought us while I was in Middle School.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - October 12 2014 :  7:25:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
This weeks entry, a nice find earlier this year on eBay. Found it looking for an N-Scale locomotive, Buy It Now - $39.99, FREE shipping. International Model Products 4-6-0 brass in HO. Came in pieces and had to put it back together, clean and lube and runs like a dream.

Going to replace the headlamp wire with black and rerun it thru the boiler. Think I'll leave it unpainted.

Edited by - oldtimer52 on October 12 2014 7:27:16 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 12 2014 :  7:30:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
This weeks entry, a nice find earlier this year on eBay. Found it looking for an N-Scale locomotive, Buy It Now - $39.99, FREE shipping. International Model Products 4-6-0 brass in HO. Came in pieces and had to put it back together, clean and lube and runs like a dream.

Going to replace the headlamp wire with black and rerun it thru the boiler. Think I'll leave it unpainted.

Originally posted by oldtimer52 - October 12 2014 :  7:25:14 PM

Nice find, oldtimer52. Especially at such a low cost.What the heck was that seller on when he listed it on Ebay? I mean, come on. $40 for a brass loco and only needed a little bit of work besides building it?

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on October 12 2014 7:32:30 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 12 2014 :  8:37:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is the bomb. What kind of drive does it have? I
see couple of green wires in the cab and a drive shaft...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 12 2014 :  9:10:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

Wow...you stole that thing. Beautiful! I would leave it unpainted too.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - October 12 2014 :  9:51:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
Ok, here's photos of the motor and driver connector.

This is the motor. I've never seen one like it, but it takes up most of the tender. BIG for this size of loco. It is 2 1/2" long, 3/4" high and 3/4" wide.

This is the drive shaft end. It is a screw on coupler to the motor shaft.

The green wires are from the headlamp. The "driveshaft" is actually the armature shaft from the motor. The drive mechanism is a worm/gear to the middle axel.

One last note: It came with the original box and instructions(which are made like blueprints).

Edited by - oldtimer52 on October 12 2014 10:02:21 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - October 13 2014 :  01:49:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Wow that is a beauty, a true work of art!
quote:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 13 2014 :  12:33:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:

Here is the same locomotive in HO from the 1960's caller the Ostrich 4-6-0.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 13 2014 :  1:51:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
The Ostrich 4-6-0. Quite a beautiful piece.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

badman55
Big Six

badman 55

Posted - October 13 2014 :  6:08:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add badman55 to Buddylist
My LOTW is as posted; A Frisco VO-1000 from Stewart Hobbies
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 252  ~  Member Since: May 16 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 10 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 13 2014 :  6:59:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
The Ostrich 4-6-0. Quite a beautiful piece.

Originally posted by Barry - October 13 2014 :  1:51:44 PM

Hey barry. Mine is beat up and was painted in 1966 so it could use a touch up. front pilot need to be replaced. The drive motor need to be checked . I have not put power to it yet.
Another photo. You can see this is a very plain locomotive.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 13 2014 :  7:05:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 12 2014 :  2:21:23 PM

aren't model train derailments fun?
BUT not fun when cars or locos derail then they go off the layout onto a hard concrete floor

Edited by - microbusss on October 13 2014 7:07:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - October 13 2014 :  7:16:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
quote:
Very interesting attic(?) find. I'm looking forward for you to tell us if it works or not. Any-who, my LOTW for this specific week is a Mantua 0-6-0t saddle tank engine in Reading livery. This locomotive came from the "Reading Way" train pack made in 1994.

Originally posted by kovacste000 - October 12 2014 :  10:24:20 AM

Nice locomotive. I have a later production one in Santa Fe paint, excellent runner, especially at low speeds.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 13 2014 :  7:27:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by kovacste000 - October 12 2014 :  10:24:20 AM

Nice locomotive. I have a later production one in Santa Fe paint, excellent runner, especially at low speeds.

Originally posted by ChessieRR - October 13 2014 :  7:16:39 PM

I would have to agree when it comes with the newer ones. The older ones (which is mine) however don't seem to like switches period.

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on October 13 2014 7:28:08 PM

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - October 13 2014 :  11:47:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
OK scsshaggy, aka Don, I get the hint, so here you go... one of my Mantua Mighty Mites as my LOTW offering:

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 13 2014 :  11:58:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
OK scsshaggy, aka Don, I get the hint, so here you go... one of my Mantua Mighty Mites as my LOTW offering.
Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - October 13 2014 :  11:47:52 PM

Thanks. That's a cute little engine and cleverly designed. I like how it uses the deck plate for a drawbar and how compactly it's all put together.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 14 2014 :  4:13:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
My LOTW returns to my personal slippery slope - another Con-Cor E7, this one in NYC colors. Fresh from the box, have not installed the glass. couplers and horns yet. As a bonus it came with extra Southern Pacific and Amtrak shells.

After I got the Penn Central passenger car set, I started checking photos online of Penn Central passenger locos. I found a fascinating shot of a pair of E7s, one still wearing NYC colors like this - paired with a Tuscan ex-PRR E7 that had the "PC" logo patched onto it. The shot just screamed the quirkiness of the Penn Central, so that was the inspiration shot. I'll have a patched E7 to go with this one

Edited by - JNXT 7707 on October 14 2014 7:55:41 PM
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 14 2014 :  7:34:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My locomotive of the week is a plastic-bodied Mantua/Tyco shifter:

Like most of my stuff it's not a particularly original piece. In fact, it's made of the parts left over from all the parts swapping that ended up in my die cast models. The shell comes from a Prairie kit. The Prairie got a die cast boiler, so I had this plastic one lying around. The weight is different for a Shifter than for a Prairie, so I swapped the weights. The frame was modified to pick up current on the insulated drivers, which are modified not to use a traction tire. Electrical contact is better but traction is not. The tender is modified to pick up on both tracks. The details and paint job are somewhat improved. It's better than just having a bunch of parts in a box.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 14 2014 :  7:48:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
My locomotive of the week is a plastic-bodied Mantua/Tyco shifter:

Like most of my stuff it's not a particularly original piece. In fact, it's made of the parts left over from all the parts swapping that ended up in my die cast models. The shell comes from a Prairie kit. The Prairie got a die cast boiler, so I had this plastic one lying around. The weight is different for a Shifter than for a Prairie, so I swapped the weights. The frame was modified to pick up current on the insulated drivers, which are modified not to use a traction tire. Electrical contact is better but traction is not. The tender is modified to pick up on both tracks. The details and paint job are somewhat improved. It's better than just having a bunch of parts in a box.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - October 14 2014 :  7:34:56 PM

I like it sschaggy. In some ways these 'cobbled together' locos have a more authentic look sometimes. This one has that patina that is so hard to get, like it has spent many years switching cars.

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - October 15 2014 :  12:35:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been as active on the forum lately. Here is why. I have been working feverishly on projects for my upcoming BFA exhibit at the University. I will be wrapping up my studies in December and I will be displaying several of my creations for my thesis. This is a metalsmith teapot that is loosely based on the Illinois Central Green Diamond streamliner.

The teapot itself is nested within the locomotive nose and includes a burner assembly built in to the base. Still to come are matching teacups that will be cast and fabricated brass.
I am making this my LOTW!

This is another piece that will be in my show. It is a brooch of sorts cast in brass from an assemblage of New Bright G scale parts. See, they are good for something after all.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - October 15 2014 :  07:31:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been as active on the forum lately. Here is why. I have been working feverishly on projects for my upcoming BFA exhibit at the University. I will be wrapping up my studies in December and I will be displaying several of my creations for my thesis.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - October 15 2014 :  12:35:27 AM

Awesome stuff!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 15 2014 :  10:13:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Cool creative stuff Steven.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 15 2014 :  11:03:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Following JNXT's lead, here's an NYC E-unit.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 15 2014 :  12:41:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by DaCheez - October 15 2014 :  11:03:36 AM

Dang.......that thing should go under the "Oddballs" thread too! Did you make that, Cheez? I like that!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 15 2014 :  2:34:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Nice engines. This one is Bachmann under their Spectrum series.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 15 2014 :  2:40:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

the only other railroads that had this was Queensland or Victoria or one of them lines in Australia!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 15 2014 :  3:25:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

That really looks cool. Nice model, nicely done! I have the impression that the E's were never double ended, so I guess this is a freelance design. True?

Carpe Manana!

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - October 15 2014 :  10:35:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
/tyco/forum/uploaded/metalsmith1/20141015002753_2014-10-14 12.14.01.jpg
Some of you may have noticed that I have not been as active on the forum lately. Here is why. I have been working feverishly on projects for my upcoming BFA exhibit at the University. I will be wrapping up my studies in December and I will be displaying several of my creations for my thesis. This is a metalsmith teapot that is loosely based on the Illinois Central Green Diamond streamliner.
/tyco/forum/uploaded/metalsmith1/20141015003128_2014-10-14 12.13.30.jpg
The teapot itself is nested within the locomotive nose and includes a burner assembly built in to the base. Still to come are matching teacups that will be cast and fabricated brass.
I am making this my LOTW!
/tyco/forum/uploaded/metalsmith1/20141015003331_DSC_4368.JPG
This is another piece that will be in my show. It is a brooch of sorts cast in brass from an assemblage of New Bright G scale parts. See, they are good for something after all.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - October 15 2014 : 12:35:27 AM

Those are SERIOUSLY AWESOME. I wish I could do that but my metalworking skills are limited to little bits of jewelry and such. Good luck with your exhibit, man

quote:

MUST... RESIST... VOMITING...
(Now though, if you painted it CNJ, it could be pretty believeable...)

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - October 16 2014 :  02:22:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist

Thanks for the support guys. Here is an image of the old IC Green Diamond that served as the inspiration for my teapot. There is a bit of the GM&O Ingalls Shipbuilding unit in there as well.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 16 2014 :  09:31:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:

Thanks for the support guys. Here is an image of the old IC Green Diamond that served as the inspiration for my teapot. There is a bit of the GM&O Ingalls Shipbuilding unit in there as well.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - October 16 2014 :  02:22:12 AM

Oh, so your teapot model actually has a prototype.

-Steve

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - October 16 2014 :  09:50:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
I have seen EMC conceptual drawings for the E units that were dual cab in a book on EMDs history.
I cannot find anything on line.

EMD did not do it, but Baldwin did: DRX-6-4-2000

http://www.american-rails.com/baldwin-dr-6-4-2000.html

/tyco/forum/uploaded/JRG1951/20141016094306_DualCab2.gif

Regards, John

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!" Princess Leia - The Empire Strikes Back
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 16 2014 :  12:01:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
I have seen EMC conceptual drawings for the E units that were dual cab in a book on EMDs history.
I cannot find anything on line.

EMD did not do it, but Baldwin did: DRX-6-4-2000

http://www.american-rails.com/baldwin-dr-6-4-2000.html

/tyco/forum/uploaded/JRG1951/20141016094306_DualCab2.gif

Regards, John

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!" Princess Leia - The Empire Strikes Back

Originally posted by JRG1951 - October 16 2014 :  09:50:24 AM

* John; Here in the USA EMD didn't sell double-enders, but abroad they did. Here is a Triang model of two.
frank /tyco/forum/uploaded/toptrain/20141016120118_P1060007.JPG

toptrain

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 16 2014 :  12:35:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hey guys. I'm afraid I can't take credit for the double-ended E-unit. It came like that from a train show several years back. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen it for a while...it's probably still under the layout somewhere.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 16 2014 :  12:49:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - October 16 2014 :  02:22:12 AM

this loco resembles UP's M-10000 locos
Which got recycled in 1943 for WW2 Since they were all aluminum

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - October 16 2014 :  10:07:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Here's a new locomotive I got...

The later version of the IHC Premier series Mikado 2-8-2 from Mehano! It has a flywheel motor, even the tender has a knuckle coupler included, which means no having to perform any coupler upgrades! Yippee!

Naturally I got the Santa Fe version, due to my preference of BNSF locos for my layout. I wound up removing the front trailing wheels as they would keep derailing on the turnouts, but now it runs pretty well. For the time being I will leave it as a DC-only locomotive.

I've even already got it pulling a train on the layout!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW - Oct 19 through Oct 25, 2014 Topic Next Topic: LOTW _ Oct 5 to Oct 11, 2014  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000