Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Hafner 0 gauge wind-up ( at VA show )
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lego trains Topic Next Topic: Ives 0 gauge trains at museum in Port Townsend  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 10 2014 :  09:15:59 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I didn't take many pictures yesterday at the show, but one I did was of a very hard to find brand, Hafner. Probably #5 on the list of O gauge makers, they did mostlly wind-ups I think. This one is in near mint shape, you rarely see them this nice, so I snapped a picture of it. I don't need any more collecting obsessions, I have enough already. LOL.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - August 10 2014 :  11:35:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I've definitely heard of Hafner, just haven't seen them in person.Thanks for posting!
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 10 2014 :  12:00:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
idk this Hafner Who were they?
Also $25 for the Lionel semaphore not bad
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 10 2014 :  7:13:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
idk this Hafner Who were they?
Also $25 for the Lionel semaphore not bad

Originally posted by microbusss - August 10 2014 :  12:00:48 PM

Hafner was like the 5th place maker of O gauge trains. Again, mostly wind-up, I don't think there is a powered version. Tinplate much like Marx. Only problem with Hafner is they kept putting their name on ALL their cars. No railroad roadnames, just Hafner this, Hafner that. I think since it wasn't very realistic, kids were not as interested in it, to be honest. At least that's what I think when I see boxcars, gondolas, tankers all with the Hafner name on it, and not a real roadname to be found. Nice to self-promote, but it can be overdone, and I think that's where they lost out. Even Marx paid royalties for roadname usage and used them. Who wants to run a Hafner railroad?

Yes, there were some good deals at the show, plenty of Lionel stuff, but I had to save my money for needed or -badly- wanted items. I'm trying to concentrate on HO more than any other gauge, so my interest level is not so high for non-HO, although I keep an eye out for some N gauge stuff, and TT as well. I passed up some good Tyco and Mantua stuff yesterday since I really didn't "need" it. Maybe this fall I'll have more money to spend, but for now, I was restraining myself due to severe money shortage at the moment.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - August 10 2014 :  8:11:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
As for scales, I personally like to do just H0/00 gauge. But because I got a lot of N scale stuff donated to me from some of my parent's friends, I kinda got "forced" into doing N since I didn't want those engines and rolling stock to be completely useless. N scale's not bad though, just extremely hard to work with at times because of how small it is.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on August 10 2014 8:12:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Lego trains Topic Next Topic: Ives 0 gauge trains at museum in Port Townsend  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000