Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Weird Things I Have Seen or Found
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Contest Topic Next Topic: Things you hate about Tyco  

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - March 16 2007 :  7:16:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
I was thinking about some of the weird cars or loco's I have seen from some of the different manufacturers, and thought maybe starting a Post about Weird/oddball cars or loco's I have seen, bought, or have.

Now everyones sense of weird or odd is different so no picky,picky.
And if anyone has a history or can enlighten feel free.

And I'll start it off with a car I saw and couldn't resist a few years ago, never seen anything like it on the road, doesn't mean it doesn't exist just means I haven't seen it.

This car is in an AHM @1980's box retagged.
Torn tag on Box reads "*****B P & L Mainliner
Track Maintenance Car"

In Malfunction Junction:
When all else fails get a bigger hammer.

Edited by - obtrey on March 17 2007 9:43:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator 

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - March 17 2007 :  3:29:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/ahmhoscaletrainscollectorsresource/id100.html

That's a very interesting and unqiue piece of classic AHM. Believe IHC got a run of those too at some point.

Does it run and if so does it run well?

Bachmann Spectrum offers something similar to this AHM item...in fact it might be the same tooling...

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - March 17 2007 :  4:11:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
Tony,

OK. You got me[B)]

I've heard of peole being sent on a snipe hunt, go find a left handed monkey wrench, I was even told once to not come back without an upside down frammistat ( I have never gone back to Vietnam).
But I actually went and looked to see if this thing had a motor, even after digging it out yesterday and taking the picture and knowing it doesn't.
If the one you're showing has a motor it's a new one on me.

I picked it up off the shelf and bought it because I thought it was kind of different and the box still has the "new item" tag on it same as the one on your AHM resource site, I should have looked there first. I just thought it was kind of odd and my father told me he's never seen one, doesnt mean it doesn't exist in the real world, just means I've never seen one even in a picture.

Bob

In Malfunction Junction:
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - March 18 2007 :  2:36:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
I happened to find one of the new Spectrum examples on the shelf at a hobby shop this weekend. I opened the box lid and inspected it and yes, the Bachmann Spectrum does have one truck powered and believe it claimed it was DCC ready even! The Spectrum does appear to be the exact same tooling. The B'mann version does have the Bachmann Spectrum name on the bottom weight/fuel tank area.
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - March 18 2007 :  3:55:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
Tony,

Well I would say that's a cool find. Never knew you could get one motorized. I really stopped looking at any new items in '95 just kept with what I have. If the motorized unit came out around that time or later it explains why I've never seen it.
Just looked at the Bachman site and darn if it doesn't describe the car as self-propelled.

Bob

In Malfunction Junction:

Edited by - obtrey on March 18 2007 4:00:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Contest Topic Next Topic: Things you hate about Tyco  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000