Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 A Wee bit `o Fun
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Things you hate about Tyco Topic Next Topic: A Real Good lesson  

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 13 2007 :  8:23:25 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

Hoped some of you might enjoy this!?

http://home.comcast.net/~j.sing/tm-1.html

Cheers,
Gareth

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - March 14 2007 :  12:31:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
That's a neat link! A great way to present a story to go with a model. Is it actually true? I'm not well versed in 1st-gen motive power.

I explored an abandoned distillery last summer. In the spring house was a pump, with a F-M electric motor. Wasn't expecting that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - March 14 2007 :  01:10:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
Great story!! Too bad it's not true. I wish the ATSF did use more FMs. They did have silver and black H16-44, but no 6 axle FMs. Oh well, that Athearn blue and yellow ATSF Train Master still looks nice next to my NMN Train Masters. As a side note, I believe the IC was interested in 3000-3600hp Super Train Master after testing a H24-66 demonstrator. But it never got much further as IC decided not to order anything from FM.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 14 2007 :  02:01:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

I just loved the idea of "Faction" based on Trains. We should maybe consider setting up a contest in the Forum. Some of you guys are serious photo takers it would be fun.

Think of the story behind a Tyco Silver Streak and all chrome train or a Rock Island Shark like They ended up in that color scheme because...

Anyway just a thought.

-Gareth

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Things you hate about Tyco Topic Next Topic: A Real Good lesson  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000