Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 25 ]  [ Total: 25 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Did You Start With a Tyco Train Set?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Steam or Diesel Topic Next Topic: choo choo bob  

richard p
Little Six

Posted - November 26 2013 :  5:44:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
Poll Question:
Did you have a Tyco train set when you were a child?

Choices:

Yes
No

(Anonymous Vote)

rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator 

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - November 26 2013 :  6:18:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
My first set ever was a 027 Lionel, then a few years later an AHM HO set. Never had a Tyco locomotive until a few weeks ago, but I've had several pieces of rolling stock.
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - November 26 2013 :  8:45:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
My first train set was a Lionel O gage. After 3 or 4 weeks when my dad and 2 older brothers got tired I was allowed to run my Christmas present. I too later saved and purchased an AHM C&O set.

Regards, John *****

They are not smart cars, they are stupid cars. Unknown
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 26 2013 :  8:47:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well, I have to quality my No vote. I had a Lionel set first, then started acquiring HO, individually, as a teen. I bought AHM engines mostly, not Tyco. But I did have quite a bit of Tyco rolling stock, I was just going through my childhood HO stuff the night before, actually. Mostly brown-box stuff, boxcars and tankers. But no Tyco engines. Not sure why, but Woolco seemed to carry the stuff I liked at the time. So the question of Did you have a < Tyco > "set" as a child, no I didn't. But I did have predominantly Tyco rolling stock. So cast that fact as you may...

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - November 26 2013 :  9:29:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Not counting the wind-up and battery powered toy trains I got for Christmas probably since I was born, my first train set was a Lionel starter set probably when I was 7. At age 8, a Tyco Chattanooga set. At 9, a Durango set with the searchlight caboose. At 10 or 11 a Life Like set with a Styrofoam scenic base. Then the Silver Streak and Golden Eagle sets. And somewhere in there an AHM Kellogg's promotional set.
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

richard p
Little Six

Posted - November 27 2013 :  08:12:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
My older brother has a Lionel set that he never let me touch. At around age 6 I asked for a "train set" not knowing the anything about brands or scales. My dad came home with a Tyco Shifter Freight set (around 1962) and I was hooked on the brand. I built a few layouts over the years (Wescott's HO Railroad That Grows kept me occupied for a few years), nothing elaborate. I remember saving up and buying a Mikado kit that I never finished because the valve gear seemed too daunting. Funny how I never cared for Lionel, but I did aquire several AHM freight cars went they went on sale for .99. I only recently started collecting Tyco, more out of nostalgia than anything else.
rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - November 28 2013 :  03:57:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
"Did you have a Tyco train set when you were a child?"

A full "Yes". I was eight and it came from a Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes promo' offer... it was the Super Century C630 1976 Presidential with a figure "8" over/under layout.

My first set was a plastic "S" gauge wind-up with a dinging NYC 0-4-0 steam loco, coal tender, yellow gondola, and a red caboose. About a 30" circle of track.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 28 2013 :  09:06:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
really, zebrails? Did it have a Frosted Flakes car?
no my 1st train was a Lionel 027 The Rock Island Line set
Then I got a Bachmann Golden Spike set Laterr at a now closed LHS I won a Tyco Turbo Train set
But I think one time at Toys R Us I bought a Coca-Cola tank car
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 28 2013 :  09:23:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my first was hornby o gauge,followed by hornby dublo,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 06 2013 :  11:22:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
When I got my first electric train, Tyco was no longer in the model railroad business (and only had a couple years left in their existence anyway, when they came out with the "Tickle-Me-Elmo" doll.) But it was still something similar, in HO-scale, when I was eight years old:

/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/81tfK3c8daL._SL1500_.jpg
Very basic starter set, but to my eight-year-old self, it was exciting to have my first real electric trains!
I was able to play with it both on the floor and on a tabletop, thanks to the Power-Loc track. I also got some additional track and a few additional freight cars over time, and a few buildings. Then I also got this:

Life-Like's "Supertrain" radio control-operation set. I could combine both sets and could also have diesel power for when I'd play with my trains.

It wasn't until I was twelve years old when I began model railroading, thanks to my really big Christmas present then:
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/B000TATC6Y-3.jpg
It had everything I need to start a really good model railroad: a neat over/under double-oval track layout, log dump and railroad crossing "action" accessories, trackside shanty building kits, figures (unpainted though), autos, trees, signs and utility poles, even a tunnel! I set it all up on a 4x8 sheet of plywood with some of my existing stuff and more new accessories I had also gotten for Christmas that year, and it was pretty much off to a good start.
BUT, the included power pack didn't work. No matter; I dug out the Supertrain set's remote controller and receiver, and that got the train going!

My current railroad layout is still on that very same piece of plywood I first set up the Railroad Empire set on :)
And THAT, my friends, is why I've always been fond of Life-Like and use BNSF locomotives and stuff on my layout.

Edited by - wiley209 on December 06 2013 11:23:57 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Knights89
Little Six

Posted - December 07 2013 :  12:07:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Knights89 to Buddylist
Santa brought me this set in 1971 (care of TC) - I was 6 and I was hooked! Although my set had an empty hopper instead of the cattle car. I still have the dockside and the cars - the dockside still runs!

Each Christmas after that Santa brought me new set - my parents didnt know from scale, so one year I would get a Tyco set, the next year I would get a Lionel 027 set, the next year an N scale set. It changed when I picked out the sets - all Tyco!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 107  ~  Member Since: November 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - December 07 2013 :  01:17:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - November 28 2013 :  09:06:16 AM

I have been looking for that car, without any luck.

John

"I love your catenary!"
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - December 07 2013 :  09:54:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
My first set was an MTH docksider set. Little thing can pull 16 cars before slipping. First HO set was a Bachmann B&O 2-8-0 passenger set. First encounter with Tyco was when I needed an 0-8-0 for my mallet.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - December 07 2013 :  8:34:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
My first set was a Bachmann N scale freight set with a Pennsy F unit and four cars...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 07 2013 :  9:57:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - November 28 2013 :  09:06:16 AM

Of course it didn't, why......?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - December 08 2013 :  12:43:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
if you're not offering something... I'm gonna pull my comments.

IF YOU HAVE THIS CAR TO OFFER AND SELL, I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Otherwise, don't bother.

John

"I love your catenary!"

Edited by - zebrails on December 08 2013 02:41:40 AM

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 18 2014 :  10:52:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Did you have a Tyco train set when you were a child?

Originally posted by richard p - November 26 2013 :  5:44:43 PM

My first trains set was an Athearn Warbonnet train set that came with an Athearn CSX (F9?) and some freight cars. I still have it!

Edited by - toptrain on September 29 2015 11:40:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

vbco1964
Switcher

My D&RGW 12-Wheeler Custom Job

Posted - February 18 2014 :  5:43:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add vbco1964 to Buddylist
It was a Spirit of '76 set purchased through AAFES in 1974-75 while my father was stationed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa. It had the C430 and I have yet to see one that is identical to it. Been looking for one on ebay for some time now. No luck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: January 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 17 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 22 2014 :  4:35:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
My first Tyco anything was a Tyco broadway trolley I got at a train show for $10.I got pictures of my Athearn set on SOTW and the Tyco broadway trolley in the Tyco Motive Power thread area.
Edited by - toptrain on September 29 2015 11:41:16 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  12:38:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
The first sets in the house but not mine were a Gilbert HO and a Lionel both my brother's All I remember of the Lionel was the box art and the three rail track

My first HO was an AHM set bought at Korvettes My first Lionel was a used set bought at an American Legion sale My mom paid a dollar for it

Lionel 243 set from 1960 All I have from those the power pack from the AHM and the Allis Chalmers and Cities Service Tank car from Lionel

Also at some point some odds and ends of Ho was bought including (Dummy only) Fleishmann Alco some Lionel HO as well as other odds and ends the Tyco C&o operating car

In 1974 got my first Tyco set The Spirit of 76 that Christmas other then the log car(which I found under the couch broken and I did not do that) still have the whole set

Filled in the gaps over the years
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

trainfan91
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  1:07:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add trainfan91 to Buddylist
my first set had a plastic blue controller it was a life like offering with an oval of track five cars and a red atsf gp38-2 numbered 3500 i also had a 0-4-0 steamer also from them i was 8-9ish
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 28  ~  Member Since: March 21 2015  ~  Last Visit: July 09 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 14 2015 :  5:42:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
My first set was a Lionel (hand me down) from the late 40s (it was my uncle's and I got it in 1959).
My first (new) set was the American Flyer Old timer set that I got for Christmas in 1960 when I
lived in Denver. Both sets were played with until it became economically unfeasible to repair
them. What can I say, I loved my trains.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  5:48:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
My first was my father's old n-scale from the 60's that he foolishly let me play with when I was 18 months old - I immediately took to it, so he got me my first HO for my 5th birthday, a Bachmann UP set with an F7, 3 cars, and EZ-track. This was followed by, in order:
- Athearn Amtrak set with, again, an F7 and three (passenger) cars
- Life-Like Teakettle, and about half a dozen Life-Like or Model Power (don't recall which) freight cars
- One Athearn 89' flatcar, Florida East Coast, from a thrift store, which I could not understand the couplers on (this was my first experience with knuckle couplers instead of horn-hooks!)
- A rapidly flourishing hoarding problem that continues to this day

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  6:57:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
Tyco GI Joe set in the mid 1980's. Ended up destroying the loco shell but still have the working chassis, 3 cars and caboose. Found a replacement loco at a train show a few years ago.
Had another set around the same time, not sure the brand. Blue and yellow six axle Santa Fe diesel, and a Texaco tank car, not sure what else. Layout was a flat figure 8, with a 90 degree crossing. Had my own empire on the kitchen floor.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bitlerisvj
Switcher

Posted - April 14 2015 :  9:55:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bitlerisvj to Buddylist
My first was a Marx streamlined steamer. I practically ran the wheels off of it. But, when I graduated to SCALE railroading, I got Mantua Sharknoses, A and B powered units, and an oval of Atlas sectional brass track. This was then expanded with some Athearn cars with SPRUNG trucks and a Silver Streak wood and metal caboose kit.
Regards, Vic B.

Vic Bitleris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 55  ~  Member Since: May 08 2013  ~  Last Visit: February 20 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  11:12:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
My first was a Marx streamlined steamer. I practically ran the wheels off of it. But, when I graduated to SCALE railroading, I got Mantua Sharknoses, A and B powered units, and an oval of Atlas sectional brass track. This was then expanded with some Athearn cars with SPRUNG trucks and a Silver Streak wood and metal caboose kit.
Regards, Vic B.

Originally posted by bitlerisvj - April 14 2015 :  9:55:42 PM

Those Silver Streak caboose kits are some of the absolute best, 8 and counting here, only 1 fully built so far though...

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tkruger
Big Six

Posted - April 16 2015 :  2:12:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tkruger to Buddylist
My first set was a Life Like. My second Locomotive was an Athearn Blue Box Baldwin switcher, Third locomotive was a Bachmann and then another Life Like. Cars are another story. Year or so after having the train found a garage sail with Tyco cars for cheap. Lots of those are still on the roster today in one form or another. They out lasted the Life Like ones for the most part.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: August 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

dmoney2015
Switcher

devinbaker

Posted - July 23 2015 :  9:09:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add dmoney2015 to Buddylist
I got an n scale 040 with a santa fe f7 track and some cars don't know what happened to them thoght now I got a tyco gp20 alco c430 marx 4 wheeled switcher lofelike gp38-2 and alot of mixed freight cars
devin "give me the ugly steam none of that streamlined stuff"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: February 13 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - July 28 2015 :  8:48:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
I got 3 Tyco sets for Christmas in 1978. The deluxe Sears Royal Blue set from my grandparents, and the Silver Streak and Midnight Special from my parents. I had killed all three engines before my birthday the following March. The HO stuff vanished shortly before my birthday and was replace by a new Lionel O-27 set. This is also the time frame when my grandfather started letting me play with my fathers vintage Lionel set when I was at thier house. I didnt return to Tyco till a couple years ago when I decided to find the trains I had as a kid. I still have my fathers 1949 Lionel set! Hoping to find someone to repower my Royal Blue engine so it will run as good as it looks. Mike
Still NT's, I have Aspergers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

skimpy tone 44
Switcher

AustraliaSouthernAvatar

Posted - July 30 2015 :  03:39:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add skimpy tone 44 to Buddylist
In 1976, my brother and I , aged 9 and 10 , got our first train set. It was the Tyco brown box (The Durango) set and we loved it . We built our 8x4 table in the shed and had great times with it. But it didn't take long to destroy the loco. We then bought the gp 20 Chattanooga which ran ok and the Austrian built Tyco spirit of 76 which ran excellent. We still have bits and pieces of these trains between us but I have enjoyed acquiring replacement pieces over the years at swap meets. Thanks Tony
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 34  ~  Member Since: October 30 2009  ~  Last Visit: September 30 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 30 2015 :  10:13:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My first was back in the late 1950's I got a 0-4-0 switcher set. It was a plastic locomotive so it wasn't Mantua/Tyco. I really don't remember who made it.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 30 2015 :  2:01:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
My first was back in the late 1950's I got a 0-4-0 switcher set. It was a plastic locomotive so it wasn't Mantua/Tyco. I really don't remember who made it.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - July 30 2015 :  10:13:59 AM

Probably Marx H0 if it looked anything like the Mantua 0-4-0.

Edited by - toptrain on September 29 2015 11:41:43 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 30 2015 :  2:12:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i got a beautiful duchess of montrose express set by hornby dublo,built like bricks
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 30 2015 :  6:10:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
i got a beautiful duchess of montrose express set by hornby dublo,built like bricks

Originally posted by catfordken - July 30 2015 :  2:12:13 PM

Do you still have it because that sounds pretty awesome and SOTW worthy.

Edited by - toptrain on September 29 2015 11:42:23 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 30 2015 :  6:16:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
yep all packed away with the rest of my dublo sets,set aside for the kids,ken

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 30 2015 :  11:30:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
yep all packed away with the rest of my dublo sets,set aside for the kids,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - July 30 2015 :  6:16:25 PM

Oh, wow. That's pretty sweet.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 10 2015 :  12:00:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was given random bits of fiber tie flex track, a locomotive here and there, a car here and
there. Just fascinated me as a young boy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - September 29 2015 :  03:08:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
quote:
It was a Spirit of '76 set purchased through AAFES in 1974-75 while my father was stationed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa. It had the C430 and I have yet to see one that is identical to it. Been looking for one on ebay for some time now. No luck.

Originally posted by vbco1964 - February 18 2014 :  5:43:17 PM

ERMAGHERD!!!! My SECOND Set was the EXACT SAME one - purchased the EXACT SAME BX, at Kadena, in 1975!!!
My Dad flew that speedy black thing.... (you should know what I mean!)
DÉJÀ FREAKIN' VU!!!

.... My first train set was a Lionel O-27, purchased at AAFES at Beale - 1973.

Carmine - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer
Pacific Belt RR, in HO Scale, Since 1975!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: September 27 2015  ~  Last Visit: October 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Steam or Diesel Topic Next Topic: choo choo bob  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000