Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Chattanooga 0-8-0
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: DCC in a Tyco? Topic Next Topic: tyco steam engines  

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - July 22 2006 :  02:19:19 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi all,

I just picked up a bunch of Tyco stuff and found a Chattanooga 0-8-0 in the mix. My question is, was there a weight inside the tender with the motor? the unit I have runs but seems to lite. It just seems to want to spin the wheels as it crawls around the track. All wheels even on the loco are free rolling. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator 

blackstone1
Switcher

ThomasAvatar

Posted - February 22 2013 :  6:43:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blackstone1 to Buddylist
I know its been a bit, but the locomotive is a dummy, the tender does all the work, so if you put some new traction tires on the wheels in the tender, not the ones that are silver
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 91  ~  Member Since: February 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 22 2013 :  7:50:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
As Brianstyco pointed out to me on the older versions the cradle where the motor sits in is cast,the newer is plastic,thus the weight difference. My older ones pull alot more then the lighter ones,also as blackstone stated. Put on a new set of traction tires on the drive wheels on the tender and that should help out greatly.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - February 22 2013 :  8:48:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Does anyone have a part number for the correct traction tires?
~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

blackstone1
Switcher

ThomasAvatar

Posted - February 25 2013 :  5:37:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blackstone1 to Buddylist
a person suggested to use the kind of rubber bands dentists use, just change them alot, they have a tendancy to melt
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 91  ~  Member Since: February 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - February 25 2013 :  6:20:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
I've used traction tires from Calumet with good results. Your LHS should have them or can get them from Walthers. - Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 25 2013 :  11:17:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
The 2-8-0's motor cradle assy. was metal. Ya could use some stick on wieghts.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: DCC in a Tyco? Topic Next Topic: tyco steam engines  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000