Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 29 ]  [ Total: 29 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 Custom Burnout Revenge Slot Car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Original Stock Crossings Carded Topic Next Topic: Hotwheels slot car bodies  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 12 2013 :  10:05:34 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Something I've wanted to do for the past year or so is re-create a few cars from the "Burnout" video game franchise. As luck would have it, one of my favourite cars from the series is very similar to Tyco's Chaparral 2D (which I happen to have 12 of...).

The "Euro Classic LM" from Burnout Revenge:

I got started on one of the bodies tonight. The large air intake on the roof was removed and the old supports for the Chaparral's wing were filed off. The rear window was enlarged and the lower portion of the rear-end was removed. I also filed off the lip over the taillights. Once the paint has been stripped the wing holes will be filled along with the gap where the air intake used to be. I'm debating filling in the upper portion of the side windows and re-shaping the headlights...

Once all the filing, filling, and sanding is done, the body is going to get a nice coat of blue paint and the rims a coat of bright red.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator 

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - September 12 2013 :  11:15:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Very cool, Cheez. I love Burnout Revenge, but haven't played it in a long time because it's for the original Xbox, and I never ponied up the dough for the 360 version, since I don't think they tweaked it much graphically. I really loved the look of the Euro Classic, and it was nimble at dodging opponents.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. Looks like a job for squadron putty.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 12 2013 :  11:33:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I had Revenge for the PS2...it was probably one of the best games I owned. The Euro was my favourite car to drive. If I can find suitable bodies, an HO Revenge Racer and Black Elite will be next up on my list of cars to build!

Styrene and Squadron putty...this will be what they call a "Bondo Car".
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 18 2013 :  8:38:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Body work on the Euro Classic is almost complete. Hopefully a trip to the hobby shop for a suitable colour of paint is in the near future!

The headlights have been partially filled with putty and shaped like so:

The side windows have been lowered. I'm a little worried about the putty cracking during body removal and crashes. The putty is reinforced with styrene underneath so hopefully it will be ok.

The tail light area is not fully sanded in this shot, but otherwise everything is complete. I'm happy with how the rear window and wing removal turned out.

More colourful updates hopefully to follow soon....
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 26 2013 :  5:13:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
The body colour and number circles have been completed. I have some dry transfer number decals that should go on nice and clean. Once the numbers are on, the whole thing will be clear-coated.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 10 2013 :  8:35:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Numbers have been applied and rims painted. Tomorrow I hope to pick up some semi-gloss clear coat and a pair of O-rings for the front wheels.

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - October 10 2013 :  10:24:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
It's looking good, but didn't you want the default color scheme of green with yellow hubs? I don't think blue & orange was an optional paint job.

(BTW, just got Burnout Paradise. Completely forgot about it after it came out. )

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 11 2013 :  10:02:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I'm not sure about the Xbox version, but on the PS2 one of the paint options was Candy Blue with Red rims. The green would be my second choice.

Paradise was an awesome game! The open world concept was pretty cool.

I got the car clear coated tonight and installed the front tires. The back-end needs a little detail work and the windows/headlights need to be glazed. That should just about wrap this little project up. Final pictures coming soon, hopefully!

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - October 12 2013 :  01:51:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I'm sure that paint scheme was available in the Xbox version too, but maybe I didn't unlock it. It's been quite a few years, so I don't remember for sure.

I'm just getting used to the map in BP... it's huge! I have to limit my play time, though, because game controllers and a herniated disk in the neck don't mix.

Now you just need a squeeze track so you can do takedowns!

The Tyco Depot

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 13 2013 :  02:21:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Too much video gaming isn't a good thing anyway The scope of Paradise kind of goes against that though...it's absolutely massive!

Good call on the squeeze track. The old Tyco cars drift pretty well too. All that's missing is the boost!

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 13 2013 :  1:05:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Great post Cheez, and a neat project.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 13 2013 :  4:00:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Thanks AF!

The Euro has been clear-coated and had its taillights and front tires installed...

Previous Topic: New Original Stock Crossings Carded Topic Next Topic: Hotwheels slot car bodies  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000