Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 35 ]  [ Total: 35 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 Hotwheels slot car bodies
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Custom Burnout Revenge Slot Car Topic Next Topic: New Additions to the Roster  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 01 2013 :  10:28:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well, this was a project I'd thought about for some years, and had bought a few plastic bodied HW cars. Recently I've gotten re-interested in my HO slot cars, and while cleaning up/organizing, have been getting them segregated into one general area. So, yesterday I took some of the Hotwheels plastic cars to work and drilled them apart, and today I brought into work a couple of Tyco slot chassis's with no bodies. Looks like a few should only take some minor work to make fit, others may require more extensive mods to fit the bodies onto the various chassis's I have. Here's a few pictures of what I did and what they will look like. None completed yet, I will attempt the Armored Car first, as that will be the easier to do. :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - August 01 2013 :  10:31:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I'm in the process of installing a '99 Mustang GT on a Ultra G chassis. (Hotwheels car body on a AW 4-gear). Next one will be a HW Deora 2 on a Tyco 440X2 chassis.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 01 2013 :  11:23:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
OMG!!!! If you guys only knew of the cars, I've yanked the motors out to be put into places of an HO scale crane, OR snowblower, or EVEN radiator fans to make them spin for the same type frames to the slot cars Jerry posted pictures from, you would flip!

I got one right now, going into a "Burro" crane in HO scale that was a Custom Finishing model, and then 3 more to be used to power a Bachmann Spectrum shell to the "Ballast Regulator" That I bought shells for......I can build 'em cheaper that way then to buy them complete! NO, they don't have DCC but I don't care! they will at least run down my tracks!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 02 2013 :  12:53:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
OMG!!!! If you guys only knew of the cars, I've yanked the motors out to be put into places of an HO scale crane, OR snowblower, or EVEN radiator fans to make them spin for the same type frames to the slot cars Jerry posted pictures from, you would flip!

CAN I HAVE THE OLD CHASSIS? I crashed a curvehugger last week and broke the whole front-end off.

Jerry: Looks like some neat project cars. The transparent one would make an awesome looking slot car.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 02 2013 :  07:39:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

CAN I HAVE THE OLD CHASSIS? I crashed a curvehugger last week and broke the whole front-end off.

Originally posted by DaCheez - August 02 2013 :  12:53:55 AM

Is this the same type of chassis, gray with short contacts? This is one of the few complete chassis's I have of this type, I can send you a raw chassis, if you have the correct parts to put in it ( motor, gears, axles, pick-ups, etc. ). I think I have 4-5 just bare raw chassis's with no parts on them. One DOES have the entire front end broken off of it, I think it's a design flaw as I read some chassis's are weak. Anyway, post a picture of your broken chassis, if I have one like it, or it's the same as this type, I can send you one.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 02 2013 :  07:43:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Jerry: Looks like.... The transparent one would make an awesome looking slot car.

Originally posted by DaCheez - August 02 2013 :  12:53:55 AM

That's why I chose it, it's a Chevelle, and transparent. It's also made in yellow trans and red trans currently ( I have those as well ), and I think orange, too. if the first one is successful, I'll do the whole color range. I have another one I just found day before, it's got flip-up gull-wing door/fenders, the car is transparent green, the doors/fenders clear. Forget the name of the car, but it was neat, if it will hold together, I will try to make it a slot car body, too. I just liked the neatness factor of it.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 02 2013 :  1:29:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Man, that'd be cool to get a four-lane raceway set up and have a different coloured transparent car for each lane!

The chassis I need is for an HP-2 curvehugger (I believe that's what the grey frame in your picture is). It was all running fine before the accident, so I *should* be able to drop all the electronics into a bare frame. I've tried super-gluing the front-end back on, but it split right where the front axle mounts to the car. If you have one to sell that'd be much appreciated

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 02 2013 :  7:51:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Man, that'd be cool to get a four-lane raceway set up and have a different coloured transparent car for each lane!

Yeah, I will have to do that! I think there's actually 6 different flavors now, I found a light blue/snow version this morning at Giant, and bought that one, I'm sure there is a gray one as well. - Jerry -

quote:
The chassis I need is for an HP-2 curvehugger (I believe that's what the grey frame in your picture is). .... If you have one to sell that'd be much appreciated
Originally posted by DaCheez - August 02 2013 :  1:29:46 PM

PM me your address. Not sure what the Canadian postage will be, but I will give ya the chassis, you can pay the postage costs. Here's the five bare chassis's I have, 3 have an open gear area, two are like yours with an enclosed gear area, I'll send you one of those. Looks ok, I see a mold scar up front, doesn't look broken, I flexed it and it did not come apart. But like I said, these apparently have inherent weakness in the design. I think you can epoxy some strengthening pieces in to extend it's life some. I forget which website mentioned all that. Been a few years since I read up on these.

I bought this as a lot off Ebay some years ago, just hadn't done anything with them yet until recently. Will start putting some of these chassis's back together and try to use them with the Hotwheels bodies I'm ripping off the metal chassis's. I worked on some today at work, I got the Armored Car usable, the Track Maintenance also is pretty close after some heavy modding. Will be a fun adventure making Hotwheels slot cars.
Jerry

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 02 2013 :  8:20:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
I think you can epoxy some strengthening pieces in to extend it's life some.

I may have to look in to that. I took another shot at super-gluing the broken chassis earlier. Rather than mounting the front axle where the fracture was I mounted it in the forward-most set of holes. This allowed my Plymouth Satellite (longer wheelbase) to sit on the chassis. It ran okay until the back-end split and the rear axle popped out. That chassis is basically a complete write-off now.

I'll send you a PM!

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 02 2013 :  11:30:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
holy crap-ola! let me get pictures of the chassis I have left and you guys be the judge of them! (I'm not 100% sure on what I have, I was more looking at the motors......

IF they are, what ya got to trade for junk parts?

~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 03 2013 :  09:38:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
\let me get pictures of the chassis I have left \ I was more looking at the motors......

IF they are, what ya got to trade for junk parts?

Originally posted by EM-1 - August 02 2013 :  11:30:42 PM

Get us some pics, and maybe we can come up with some trade material.
-Jerry-

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 03 2013 :  3:44:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hey Jerry, did you get my PM? I used the quick send method so it's not in my outbox.

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 03 2013 :  9:09:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Sadly, I thought I had more of the RC frames, turns out, I got one, and its not in the greatest shape! (I got it in a box of junk......) Motor looked good so, which is why I took it.

No wheels, or anything but I'm not even sure this single frame is worth much!

IF still interested, let me know!

~John

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 04 2013 :  10:23:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Jerry, did you get my PM? I used the quick send method so it's not in my outbox.

Originally posted by DaCheez - August 03 2013 :  3:44:02 PM

Yes, I got your address, no problem. I'll box it up and get to the Post Office this coming week.

Jerry

Previous Topic: Custom Burnout Revenge Slot Car Topic Next Topic: New Additions to the Roster  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000