Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Slot
 New Additions to the Roster
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hotwheels slot car bodies Topic Next Topic: Some new slot cars - Ecto-1 and Looney Tunes  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 26 2013 :  1:41:26 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
...is roster the right word when talking about race cars? New additions to the grid? Anyway, I picked up some new cars off ebay.

First up is a Chaparral 2D CurveHugger in the bicentennial paint scheme.

I really like Tyco's interpretation of the 2D. The car/paint scheme has a nice retro feel and is fairly simplistic, so it should go well with my layout.

Then this body lot popped up, which was a no-brainer for me Some of them will be repainted/have their wings rebuilt.

And finally a 440 Superbird. This ones in great shape, but the colours aren't as vibrant as they are on the Chaparral. The body looks painfully over-sized as well. I may put a different body on it.

Thanks for looking!

cheez

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - July 26 2013 :  7:20:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I would love a 2D body! Got any windows?
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 26 2013 :  7:21:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Find another Superbird body & paint it Dinoco Blue!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 26 2013 :  7:56:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
I would love a 2D body! Got any windows?

Heh...nope There is however a guy selling just the windows on ebay so I may grab a few.

Ben: One day...
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 27 2013 :  10:52:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Cheez, I want a REAL Superbird! Without the 440! (I want the 426 in mine!)

NICE car tho. illegal to run on USA roads.......They stomp the Horsepower rating in the ground to exceed that of our current Police cars!

Ya can't tell, I'm a Hemi fan can ya? My car theory....

Everyday car to run back and forth to work, to the store, around town......GM....Oldsmobile, OR Buick.....

A JUNK beat up and toss in the scraper crusher? Ford. (Sorry guys, everyone I had, new or not cost more then they were worth, in money, AND headache!)

Muscle car? Collectors Car? Dodge, or Plymouth.....I'd even take a shot at a Chysler.....

Favorite car of all time for ole EM-1? 1970 Dodge 2 Door Hardtop Super Bee R/T with ANY motor offered in that car, factory to 1970.....IF not that car.....a 1970 Dodge Coronet, 2 door or the 4 door.........Motor in this one? ANYTHING, 6 cylinder "Slant-6".. up to I believe the 318....

Reason why? I LOVE this body style, BOTH the '70 Super Bee, and the '70 Coronet, was the SAME car! Looked the same, EXCEPT for the 4 door, it looked longer and may have been!

Like the Hemi in the Super Bee? YES, WHY? I built 2 of those motors in real life, and they are simply put, AMAZINGLY POWERFULL! Expensive to own, damn right, but nothing on the road today will beat ya coming off the line at the red light! AND with one, you won't have to worry about them catching up on the "top end"......Just like an energizer battery, they keep going and going and going and going......

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - July 28 2013 :  12:49:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist

quote:
Favorite car of all time for ole EM-1? 1970 Dodge 2 Door Hardtop Super Bee R/T with ANY motor offered in that car, factory to 1970.....IF not that car.....a 1970 Dodge Coronet, 2 door or the 4 door.........Motor in this one? ANYTHING, 6 cylinder "Slant-6".. up to I believe the 318....
Originally posted by EM-1 - July 27 2013 :  10:52:03 PM

Fellow MOPAR dude!! Tough for me to pick a favorite, but the '70 Satellite/RR is up there.

quote:
I want a REAL Superbird! Without the 440! (I want the 426 in mine!)

NICE car tho. illegal to run on USA roads......

What you talking about, Willis? Superbirds are street cars.

Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 28 2013 :  02:56:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by EM-1 - July 27 2013 :  10:52:03 PM

Fellow MOPAR dude!! Tough for me to pick a favorite, but the '70 Satellite/RR is up there.

quote:
I want a REAL Superbird! Without the 440! (I want the 426 in mine!)

NICE car tho. illegal to run on USA roads......

What you talking about, Willis? Superbirds are street cars.

Originally posted by NC shortlines - July 28 2013 :  12:49:48 AM

Well, Hello my fellow Mopar fanatic!

I know and realize that the Superbird's and the Dodge Daytona are street cars, but the last time I knew, they're illegal to run on the roads of the USA due to the high speed capabilities, and the HP they both have!

Sadly enough, its true! Next time you see one, if its not on a trailer and its moving, its illegal to have all 4 tires on the road, and in motion! Reason I know is I had asked a friend of mine when I worked for the state I reside in about it, and being he was a state police officer, and had told me that I about fell over, as I know were there sets a Lamborgini, Diablo right NOW that's ran EVERY SINGLE day, and its faster then either of the Mopar cars! BUT, its HP isn't! As everytime I had seen one going or leaving a car show it came in on a trailer, and was unloaded onto the road, and when it was over was reloaded back onto the trailer.....I could never figure it out.....Thee only car, in multiples on EVERY car show, I have been too!

I got to say tho.... the '70 Satellite is a nice one too! (Same car the '70 "440 Six-Pack was built from!)

NC, did you get a shot to hear what I got for fathers day this year?

~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 28 2013 :  03:39:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
NC,
Setting here for a second, and thinking of cars, I know where their sets, either a '69, OR a '70 Satellite! The fellow that has it is a friend as well, and he bought the car, without a motor, a "rolling chassis".....Told me when he got it home that he plans to leave it as is, its in pretty good factory shape.......Brought it to New England (New Hampshire to be exact) about 3 years ago, from North Carolina in that shape, and has been garage kept ever since, but the last time I knew (I haven't seen him in a bit) said he was thinking of dumping a Chrysler "Fire Power" 392 in it.....just because the lucky turd has one!

You familiar with the Fire Power motor? Was the first factory engine, to be able to produce 180 HP which don't sound like much but, back in 1951 that was quite a bit of HP!!!!!But, wasn't till 1964 that the Hemi, name was "popularized".....As in the beginning you had the Fire Power, then it was the Red Ram, and then you had thee "Hemi" We all are familiar with as the "Elephant" 426

~John

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - July 28 2013 :  08:41:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
Well, we've pretty much taken over DaCheez's thread
Sorry dude.

Nope, didn't hear about your Father's Day present.

Yep, I"ve heard of the FirePower, Firedome, Red Ram, all them motors. 392 is a cool motor. Yeh, it was an HP hoss back in the '50's. Relatively speaking. Performance parts are still available.

I'll have to check about the Winged car thing. In the area where I live, there used to be 8 'Birds driving around. That was mid to late '80s. It was hide and seek kind of thing. Might only see each one only once every other year.

Went to MOPARS at the Rock a year ago. Dude, had a 'Bird, w/tags,drove it down and back from VA. I'll say that it was the only 'bird I've seen on the street in about 17 or 18 years.
Gone are the days, when I was at MOPARS at the Rock back in 1991?? The was a line of Superbirds and Daytonas , parked side by side, that stretched most of the way across the infield. Got a picture of 5 winged cars doing a parade lap on the oval track.

I guess to get back on subject, I'd really like to find a nice, true HO scale Superbird.
The Model Power 'cudas are very accurate scale. I'd like to see more classic HO scale Plymouths and Dodges.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 28 2013 :  10:58:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

I know and realize that the Superbird's and the Dodge Daytona are street cars, but the last time I knew, they're illegal to run on the roads of the USA due to the high speed capabilities, and the HP they both have!

Originally posted by EM-1 - July 28 2013 :  02:56:31 AM

I don't know which communist state you live in, EM-1, but in Virginia, PA, and Maryland, I have seen Superbirds and Daytona's driving around, with tags on them. Not many, but a few. Was just at the Chrsyler Carlisle in PA a few weekends ago, and there must have been over 20 of the winged 'birds there, some show cars, others with plates on them. I don't know where they would be considered illegal, if a Ferrari can be tagged for the street, I'd suspect it can hold it's own with a Superbird, and they're not illegal, either. Here's a few pictures from Chrsyler Carlisle of the birds I saw.

Jerry

As you can tell on the outdoor showfield, those cars are running tags on them. So I'm glad I don't live where you are, if these are considered illegal to drive there! I think the criteria for most states is under 200 mph. Anything above that is considered dangerous, one reason you probably won't see a McLaren on the streets in the USA ( $250k + ). While I'm an old Bowtie finned Chevy guy, and currently AMC guy , I do have affection for these winged cars, as I remember actually seeing them driving around in Richmond, VA area in my youth, from a school bus. Early '70's. One of the few Mopars I'd like to own. Not at their prices these days, I'll never touch one. But a nice fantasy. Heck, I can't even scrape up the money to restore a Gremlin these days! Well, I could, but I don't want to use up all my inheritance money on that.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 28 2013 :  4:24:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Yeah I want a real one too Tho I have seen the new Challengers made into a Superbirds
I want either the new one or the old original in Dinoco Blue & #43 on the side
BUT I in the same boat as AMC No money to get one

One time a friend of mine told me that a friend of his who was a girl & she got a ticket for having that large fin on it! Course that was in the 1970s when these cars 1st came out
Dumb cop
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 29 2013 :  12:00:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Jerry,
That's CRAZY! I know in this great state of New Hampshire, they are illegal to be "driven".....as they were rated for 200 plus MPH! The officer I had spoken to about it, said they were illegal to run on USA roads due to the HP rating, and speed factor....Now, I question it, to wonder if he didn't mean just this state!? Not that I have one to run, but interesting thought none-the-less!

As you mentioned about the McLaren, sadly, I really don't get this great state, one of my local train club members own a McLaren.....Drives the thing during nice weather only, but I have seen it at the club, more then once!

But, I will say, what I do know of those old "winged" Mopars, is that they were capable of 200 + MPH, and were rated at 480 HP depending the motor under the hood, the 440 powered ones were rated at I think 480 HP in the 6 Pack carb. set up.....The Hemi, was a whole other story, pushing well over 500 HP......As the motors were not considered "stock" as you or I knew of them, as Mopar done other things to these motors for in these cars to justify the "wing" as it was only effective AFTER 125 MPH!

Ben,
I hear ya! I think the new Challengers are THEE best looking new "Muscle" cars made.....(I like GM, but the looks are better then the new Camaro's!)

BUT, The new 6.4L Hemi that they use in the new Challengers, is of the old 392 C.I.D. block.....Which is interesting, that that same engine motor block is still being used!

IF I had the cash, I know where there sits 2 YES 2, 1970 Super Bee R/T's.....one with a 383, and the other with a 426 Hemi in it......Same price for both BUT the 383 one, is factory serial numbers, the Hemi Bee, is a car that isn't....That car was to have a 440 Wedge head in it.....But, if I were to buy, I wouldn't argue with the Hemi.....Even tho the 383 model is worth more, with matching serial numbers (I think) Fantasy tho...... The budget doesn't see any of that in my future! Don't hurt to dream and wish, right?

But, me, being me, I had to go look at them both! (I actually did ponder the buy of the Hemi Bee at one point!)

~John

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 29 2013 :  12:01:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Sorry Cheez!!!!! Back to your Race track cars..... that damned "winged" Dodge did it.. that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
~John

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 29 2013 :  12:28:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
HA! It's all good, I'm enjoying the read.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 29 2013 :  12:38:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Cheez, that's cool! I just wished that JERRY got pics of the motors in those shots!!!!!
~John

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - July 29 2013 :  1:15:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Always liked the chaparral model that Tyco did.

As far as those Mopars I'm still drooling. Had a chance on owning a rolling chassis of one when I was in the USAF stationed in Montana. As I drove out to see it the guys garage burned up. Sad to say that car and many other classics met their fate that day.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 29 2013 :  3:55:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Jeepman,
Need a towel I take it? (I hear ya tho!)

Cryin' over a burned up muscle? DAMN right! I mean I love the '70 Super Bee, but Mopar muscle was hard to beat for good looks and then the power to add to it. OK, OK, OK I'll stop there!

~John

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 02 2013 :  8:09:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I forgot I had pics of the local Plymouth Road Runner from the local car show in June
It ain't the Superbird but its close!

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 02 2013 :  11:07:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:
I forgot I had pics of the local Plymouth Road Runner from the local car show in June
It ain't the Superbird but its close!

Originally posted by microbusss - August 02 2013 :  8:09:53 PM

Ben, did you get a good look at the motor that was in it? 426 Hemi, or the 440 Commando, or 440 Wedge?

~John

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 03 2013 :  09:41:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I just wished that JERRY got pics of the motors in those shots!!!!!

Originally posted by EM-1 - July 29 2013 :  12:38:31 AM

Oh, I got a few motor shots...I'll post those, too, then.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 03 2013 :  9:15:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
That's cool Jerry! (I'ma big engine fanatic, train, or muscle car!)
~John

Previous Topic: Hotwheels slot car bodies Topic Next Topic: Some new slot cars - Ecto-1 and Looney Tunes  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000