Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Bski1969 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Tyco on eBay
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Post your 5628 and GP20 fonts Topic Next Topic: DCC in a Tyco?  

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - March 04 2013 :  6:06:59 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
I'm asking this here since others have mentioned they check ebay for Tyco, and I'd guess others may have run into the same problem I have. I hope the powers that by don't mind the topic.

I tend to not really look for specific items when I check eBay, but rather anything that comes with a box, or in a set, diesel with railings, or whatever along these lines. I used to be able to look for search words in the title and text of the auctions, but now it looks like I can only check the title only. Do you guys see the same thing? So now unless the seller adds the word "box" or "railings" or whatever, it wont show up in my searches, right? Even if I was looking for say a Santa Fe F9 set and the seller only listed the words Santa Fe in the description, I wont see it, right? Does anyone here know a way around this?

Sam
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator 

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - March 04 2013 :  7:06:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Yes, to the right the the "Search" button on eBay, click "advanced." Enter your search terms and then go down to "Search Including" and check the block "Title and description."
~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 04 2013 :  7:20:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Tyco = 3,229 active listings
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 04 2013 :  10:32:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Ben, You're missing 1000+ Tyco auctions by going right to the "Tyco" section of ebay listings...

If you poke Tyco into the search box, you would see 4507 auctions instead of the 3229... This shows you all of the Tyco listings in the "Model Train" section...

Many Tyco items doesn't get listed directly in the Tyco listings....

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - March 05 2013 :  12:31:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Hmmm..... I guess I'm missing something. I come up with 10,107 active listings just by entering Tyco box and click title and description. The problem is results come back with dolls, tools, computer items, some trains but not even all Tyco. I can't believe that they did away with one simple little box to click, and this is what they cooked up as a replacement.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 05 2013 :  03:10:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I do the Tyco in the search box but as Newhudson says, if you search title AND description you get a lot of everything you don't want.

Tyco in the search box will list everything Tyco on ebay, such as slot cars, dolls etc... After searching Tyco go to the list on the left and click "Model Trains" ....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 06 2013 :  10:27:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
This was helpful. Thanks.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 06 2013 :  10:49:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
when i search for something i want,apart from using the makers name i use,railroad,wheel arrangement,nicknames like hudson,mikado,diecast,brass it goes on,be imaginative,its amazing what turns up ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Post your 5628 and GP20 fonts Topic Next Topic: DCC in a Tyco?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000