Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Just a Few Streamliners...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua TH & B animated boxcar - history? Topic Next Topic: Tyco errors and oddities  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 25 2012 :  01:12:17 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I posted some pics on here a few years back of my small collection of Tyco streamliners. It's...uh...grown a little since then Here are some more recent pictures

A few of them need cleaning/repairs, but nothing too major. Here are some close-ups

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - June 25 2012 :  01:42:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Cool collection! What are the cars in the bottom pic? Chrome Santa Fe? I can't tell if there's a road name from the glare. It's interesting that some different types of cars were stamped with the wrong car names like the CN cars. I''ve got some of these sets, so I'll have to dig them out and see what names/variations I have.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - June 25 2012 :  05:06:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
NICE collection Cheez! WOW!!!

And I thought I had passenger cars, not all streamlined but dang!

I'll have to line all of mine up when I'm able to use my camera again! (a worm crashed all my USB ports for camera use!) Its repaired now, I just can't use my camera due to the whole mess! Till I have all the drivers reloaded onto my computer!

NICE collection tho man!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!

Edited by - EM-1 on June 25 2012 9:42:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - June 25 2012 :  07:13:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Great collection Cheez!!!

I'll have to gather mine together also. Been in the passenger car collector mode as of late...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 25 2012 :  08:30:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I likes & jealous of the Burlingtons & CNs
I still looking for the UP ones
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 25 2012 :  12:00:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pics! My long-term goal is to collect an example of every streamliner Tyco made...I think I'm down to five roadnames: Southern, Union Pacific, Rio Grande, Canadian Pacific, Chrome B&O. There's still a long way to go, especially when you factor in variations and finding matching engines for all of these But finding them is the fun part, right!?

NewHudson: You are correct, the bottom cars are the chromed Santa Fe. It was hard to photograph them without glare

EM-1: Thanks! This is probably about half of my entire collection of HO streamliners. I'll have to post the non-Tyco sometime! I look forward to seeing yours

Mike: Thanks! I'm interested to see what you have. If the rest of your collection is as cool as your SotW I'm sure we're all in for a treat

MB: I'm looking for the UP as well. Looks like you have some competition
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 25 2012 :  12:15:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh heh That ok DaCheez I got ONE UP combine & yes do want the Rio Grande ones too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - June 25 2012 :  3:44:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Excellent collection Cheez. I do have to admit I like the Phase II Amtraks. - Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - June 25 2012 :  4:21:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Nice collection DaCheez!
Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - June 25 2012 :  11:50:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Did the "phase II" Amtrak cars come only in the GG1 set? I so wish I could've been a fly on the wall in some of the decision meetings at Tyco to find out why they did some things like this.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - June 26 2012 :  05:47:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Cheez, I don't have alot of the TYCO cars, but I have ALOT of the Rivarossi/AHM cars tho..... and then the Old timers, in MDC Roundhouse, and to add to it the Harriman cars, and then to that a BOATLOAD of Athearn cars as well ,and then some 1900 era, Pocher's as well as a few old time TYCO's......

I'll try to get some pictures posted from now till the weekend!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - June 26 2012 :  5:13:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Cheez, all I can say is "WOW!" If it weren't for the observation cars you could try pulling them all at once.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 26 2012 :  10:22:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
Did the "phase II" Amtrak cars come only in the GG1 set? I so wish I could've been a fly on the wall in some of the decision meetings at Tyco to find out why they did some things like this.

I don't know if Tyco sold the phase II cars separately or not, but I do know they are quite a bit scarcer than the phase I cars. They were only produced for a few years in the late 70's, as opposed to the phase I which began production in the early 70's and continued up until around 1980. I've even seen GG1 sets where Tyco subbed in the solid blue stripe cars!

Nickleplate: I don't think I'd have the space to run them all XD. Just fitting them all on the same track would probably take about 50ft! It would be quite the show though

EM-1: I look forward to the pics Most of my collection is streamliners, except for a set of Athearn heavyweights. I have a whole mash-up of companies...Athearn, Bachmann, Fleischmann, Grant, Lima, Life-Like, Pennline, Walthers...the list goes on

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 13 2012 :  06:36:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Cheez,

This is a nice collection. Pictures of the streamliners with the correct motive power would look great in "Post your nice consist."

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 17 2012 :  7:35:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Correct motive power!?...err...umm...see the thing is, I haven't really got around to collecting the matching engines yet XD I think I have at least one matching engine for MOST of the sets. . I'll see what I can do next time I'm back home with the trains :P

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 17 2012 :  9:26:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Sorry man, I meant Tycos in general as the appropriate motive power.
Excellent collection!!

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 06 2020 :  3:33:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Different views of your vast Tyco passenger collection Eric. Very nice.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 06 2020 :  5:57:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Really, quite a collection. Leave a few for the rest of us!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 06 2020 :  7:42:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
cancel my request for Rio Grandes
I got them now hehe
UP still need passenger cars as I have the combine & observation cars
  Previous Topic: Mantua TH & B animated boxcar - history? Topic Next Topic: Tyco errors and oddities  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000