Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 29 ]  [ Total: 29 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 CotW March 4- 10
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: CotW 2012 Jan 15-21 Topic Next Topic: COTW FEB 25-MAR 2  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 04 2012 :  07:12:33 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
A Mantua bridge or beam car, missing the side fences. A very nice model probably modeled after Lionel's version.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 04 2012 :  07:33:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my car this week is a main line kit budweiser private owner reefer ken

Edited by - catfordken on March 13 2012 2:23:30 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - March 04 2012 :  09:19:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
- Nice budweiser reefer, I haven't seen that one before...

My COTW is an antique show buy, toy vendor has some HO / O / S stuff for sale all the time, but is 80% diecast / molded / tinplate cars. But I got this, which I believe is IHC, steam sound car, wonder if it will work ok on a DCC track? It takes a 9-volt battery, and hopefully that's all it gets its power from, I guess the physical movement makes the noise. Will have to try it out sometime. I paid $10 for it, he had another one, but slightly worse condition, this one looks near mint.

Wonder what type of steam engine it's supposed to represent?

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 04 2012 :  09:25:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
3 Tyco cabooses
This one is this way cause I washed it with PLAIN cold tap water!

2 generic Tyco cabooses

oops I forgot to put wheels on again
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

badman55
Big Six

badman 55

Posted - March 04 2012 :  11:20:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add badman55 to Buddylist
quote:

My COTW is an antique show buy, toy vendor has some HO / O / S stuff for sale all the time, but is 80% diecast / molded / tinplate cars. But I got this, which I believe is IHC, steam sound car, wonder if it will work ok on a DCC track? It takes a 9-volt battery, and hopefully that's all it gets its power from, I guess the physical movement makes the noise. Will have to try it out sometime. I paid $10 for it, he had another one, but slightly worse condition, this one looks near mint.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - March 04 2012 :  09:19:36 AM

I have one of these that's black and lettered for the Pennsylvania.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 252  ~  Member Since: May 16 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 10 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 04 2012 :  12:36:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Ben:

Don't drink the water!

My CotW is a Central Jersey Brass CNR Sow Flanger. I 'm hoping to sell it to a guy on the Cdn Modelling List to buy a part for my Unimat Lathe/Mill-Dividing Head....

My only piece of brass rolling stock.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - March 04 2012 :  2:17:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
I have both cars...

Jerry, they can be run on DCC because they are battery powered and self contained. The synchronization is appropriate for small drivered steam in the 48" to 60" driver range at 4 chuffs per revolution. I have two for my articulateds. Though tinny, I find them effective---and perfect revenge for those folks who insist on running their sound equipped beasts at full tilt, especially when pulled behind a pair of C44-9Ws...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 04 2012 :  3:47:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
too late, romcat I been drinking that water for years I think somehow the water washed off the clear-coat that was put on it
Otherwise I wash off my other stuff & they come out just fine hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 06 2012 :  6:41:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
my car this week is a main line kit budweiser private owner reefer ken

Originally posted by catfordken - March 04 2012 :  07:33:29 AM

Ken looking at your car makes me thirsty. I think I need a cold one.
* my car finishes up my sunday comic cars. There are 8 of them. I only have 4.
My favorite sunday comic. the one I have always read first, since a kid in the 1950's.
** Prince Valiant.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on March 06 2012 6:42:32 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rgcw5
Hudson

conrock switcher

Posted - March 06 2012 :  8:28:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send rgcw5 a Yahoo! Message  Add rgcw5 to Buddylist
quote:

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - March 04 2012 :  09:19:36 AM

makes me wonder if I can fit that in a tender?

just me Ray... and just because I have Tyco doesn't mean I am not a model railroader
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 506  ~  Member Since: April 03 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - March 11 2012 :  12:06:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
Nice posts everyone! .....Love the bridge car AF Bob
A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - March 12 2012 :  7:16:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Hi, if one isn't familiar with the "chug-chug" gondolas and how the sound is intermittently working, it is by way of a brass fitting on one of the axles with two "brushes", side by side, touching it... the brass fitting is covering half the axle lengthwise... the gap, or the piece of brass completes the circuit for the sound-board to be activated with the nine volt battery...

The essential principle is the brass fitting on the axle opens and closes the circuit.

If the owners of the working gondolas would post a picture, those who don't understand my input, can see it for themselves.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LIGuy45
Switcher

Posted - March 13 2012 :  12:12:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LIGuy45 to Buddylist
To catfordken - I see the box and the reefer. I have built many a Main Line kit and they are wood. It looks like you have a Trains Miniature beer reefer - the brake wheel is the tip off. I may be wrong but that green reefer looks plastic to me.

By the way, I used to have the whole set of TM beer reefers and donated them to a train club being run by a minister (who preached against alcohol use!!)

You have a nice car whatevr it's made from.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 39  ~  Member Since: July 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: February 06 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 13 2012 :  1:46:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
well spotted LIGuy45,a genuine mistake heres the correct car ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: CotW 2012 Jan 15-21 Topic Next Topic: COTW FEB 25-MAR 2  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000