Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Bski1969 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW 26TH-2ND JULY
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Dec 5- Dec 11, 2010 Topic Next Topic: HUSTLER  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 26 2011 :  1:14:44 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my loco this week is a norfolk and southern high nose sd40-2 by athearn,with extra detailing,ken

Edited by - catfordken on July 06 2011 11:20:00 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 26 2011 :  6:57:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Very nice NS loco
Also you may want to change the COTW to LOTW instead
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14695  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 09 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - June 26 2011 :  7:22:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi catfordken,

I loves me some Athearn. Is that a ready to run unit?
My Loco this week is a Lima switcher that came in a box lot my Wife picked up at a garage sale. It is a real puller, it handled 12 cars. I was suprised by that because it is very light and does not use traction tires. Anyone know the year it was made?

Thanks for looking

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - June 26 2011 :  8:21:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Nice....

Mine is a studio shot I did of my N scale Trix 0-6-0...

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 27 2011 :  09:08:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi mytyco,its a blue box era ken
the guy to contact regards your loco was a member here this is his site
http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/USA1%20en.htm
i also think lima made them for ahm
http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/ahmhoscalelocomotives/id29.html

Edited by - catfordken on June 27 2011 2:40:40 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 28 2011 :  11:32:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Here's a Bachmann 2-6-2 that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago.

I know a lot of you aren't into smoking locos, but I like to have a couple for the fun of it. This one isn't very good though. It doesn't really smoke...it sort of bubbles. It will make a crackling sound, then spit out a small shower of fluid that makes a mess all over it. I've tried more/less fluid, but that's all it will do. Any thoughts?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 29 2011 :  8:25:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
My Diesel of the Day ( er, sorry, Loco of the week ) is this unusual Diesel-Hydraulic from Germany, a Krauss-Maffei Rio Grande unit that was repainted. Got it for $25 at the Timonium show, runs well, an AHM unit. Very quiet, too! Wonder if they make a sound chip for this one.

I kinda like the grey and blue scheme, I'll keep it this way for now. Not sure how I'll roll with it, but I'll find a place for it on my roster somewhere.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tkruger
Big Six

Posted - June 29 2011 :  8:41:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tkruger to Buddylist
I have that same loco (UP 2-6-2 Bachmann). And two additional revisions in different paint schemes. You have the newer / better one that has the blackened rods. Only way I can get the smoke not to spit fluid and make a mess is to run at full throttle. Issue is that then it is way to fast for my taste. I added a little weight to the lead and trailing trucks. Made a great difference going through turnouts at lower speeds. Also adding a little weight to the tender helped.
Edited by - tkruger on June 29 2011 8:42:26 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: August 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 30 2011 :  4:16:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Thanks for those ideas. I assumed it had something to do with the throttle. I'll weigh down a car or two and see it that helps.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 15 2011 :  4:52:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
B77:

You know you don't see many 2-6-2 "Prairies" around. Very nice.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Dec 5- Dec 11, 2010 Topic Next Topic: HUSTLER  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000