Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 Skin problem?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Not a huge deal, but.... Topic Next Topic: ATTENTION  Tyco UPLOAD server timing out  

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - May 15 2008 :  11:41:11 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hey All,

Anyone know why my screen skin comes up in the dark blue all the time now? Is it something I did or a new site setting. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 16 2008 :  05:12:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi mytyco,if you look at top of page just below login you will see a strip of colours click on one you want and away you go ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mix3d3m0ti0n5
Little Six

Chessie Wink

Posted - May 16 2008 :  11:21:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mix3d3m0ti0n5 to Buddylist
yeah, but it defaults to the new color scheme ([XX(])

and it's annoying to have an extra step to change it each time you open it up.

I vote for going back to the old default.

~anna
-----------------------------------
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 105  ~  Member Since: December 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - May 16 2008 :  12:09:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hey Mix,

I'm with you. Lets change it back.

Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 16 2008 :  5:37:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I agree. Having to change the skin every time has been driving me nuts, especially because I get a postdata warning in Firefox when I do.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 16 2008 :  6:39:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i must be unique,i can change to any colour log out and come back to chosen colour no problems here ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 16 2008 :  6:58:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Mine is the same as Ken's. The colour is always the same...grey and light blue. I have the forum set to keep me logged in though...maybe thats why[?]
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mix3d3m0ti0n5
Little Six

Chessie Wink

Posted - May 16 2008 :  8:30:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mix3d3m0ti0n5 to Buddylist
cheez and ken, that's probably why.

all of my stuff (and I use firefox) I have it set up to clear out each time, plus I use at least three different computers on a daily basis (another reason everything clears out each time)

NickelPlate, I get the same thing. it's very annoying.

~anna
-----------------------------------
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 105  ~  Member Since: December 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 16 2008 :  9:24:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
It is. If you clean your cache and have to log back in it defaults to the first skin in the row. That didn't happen before. [?]
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - May 16 2008 :  9:39:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I too had issues with skin i had set changing on its own when i looged out and back on the other day. Is working fine now--but the other day it would change on its own?? Mine came up dark blue as mytyco's did.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - May 25 2008 :  01:46:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I don't see this issue unless I clear my cookies. The skin each user chooses is remembered in a cookie saved on your computer. If you clear cookies then you will get the default skin. DimGray is the default right now. Obviously you can only have one default but somehow these forums had two checked off in the admin settings and I corrected it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll throw up a poll to see which skin is most popular and make that the default.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - November 07 2009 :  12:22:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I'll see if I can add a field to the database to remember and set your choice of skins. As explained before it's done with cookies but that's not the best way to do it. I'll try and plan this out so it works out well for everyone. I'm going to take a break from the coding for a while and actually do things with trains.

Depending on what I come up with it may pose a one time incovenience for everyone but once set the idea is to make it stick with that user account regardless of computer or cookies.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - November 07 2009 :  1:24:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi NYC,

Thank you. It will be cool not to have to change it.

Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Not a huge deal, but.... Topic Next Topic: ATTENTION  Tyco UPLOAD server timing out  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000