Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 What's your daily driver?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What kind of music is your favorite? Topic Next Topic: Best decade?
Page: of 4

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 17 2020 :  12:47:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I no longer have one
I ran it out of oil
Wheel less for now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2020 :  2:49:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
First up is tires, alignment, and fluid changes. Got the coolant flushed
and filled.

As to the body work, there is some deep corrosion along the top of
the rear window and and that hole it the passenger door. The
rest of the rust is superficial scuffing, mostly in the bed. What
am I looking at, $, Walt?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2020 :  2:51:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Another little thing about driving, is that statistically most
accidents happen close to home, because that is when
we start to let our guard down and think about the next
thing we have to do when we get there.

Originally posted by Chops124 - May 25 2019 :  11:09:51 AM

Exactly what happened to me this past August. A quarter mile from my house. I was very lucky to walk away from this one.

A true "cornfield meet." Glad you were OK.

But, she's been replaced with something better. This one is fully loaded, power everything. She'll get new headlights and tail lights, and switched over to LEDs. Just got back from a 350 mile round trip without trouble.

Originally posted by chevelle454 - October 06 2019 :  6:48:22 PM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 17 2020 :  5:20:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
First up is tires, alignment, and fluid changes. Got the coolant flushed
and filled.

As to the body work, there is some deep corrosion along the top of
the rear window and and that hole it the passenger door. The
rest of the rust is superficial scuffing, mostly in the bed. What
am I looking at, $, Walt?

Originally posted by Chops124 - January 17 2020 :  2:49:52 PM

Well, Chops... Good paint materials are quite expensive but worth buying. There are some cheaper paints available . The labor is everything though. How much time and effort to get the car ready for paint. I use sandblasting for removing rust. Makes the metal chemically clean. Rust holes I cut out around the hole and make a metal replacement piece to fit in the hole and weld neatly in... I'd say using PPG primers and paint with clear coat, you'd have close to $1000 in materials... I love doing these projects! It's one of my hobbies! Love your little truck!

A friend of mine hit a deer recently. New hood was over $600.00 so he ask if I could straighten this one. Pics are b4 I ground off the front paint and added just a skim of body filler to catch any imperfection. Hard to believe how straight the hood come out in just the metal work stage... Also replaced the whole front rubber nose & grill...

Edited by - walt on January 18 2020 12:00:49 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 17 2020 :  5:42:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
I no longer have one
I ran it out of oil
Wheel less for now

Originally posted by microbusss - January 17 2020 :  12:47:41 PM

There's this new invention called, a "dip stick"...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 17 2020 :  7:30:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
I no longer have one
I ran it out of oil
Wheel less for now

Originally posted by microbusss - January 17 2020 :  12:47:41 PM

There's this new invention called, a "dip stick"...

Originally posted by walt - January 17 2020 :  5:42:47 PM

I know I forgot to check it & get a oil change
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 18 2020 :  9:10:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice oldie, Chops! Can't wait to see how you transform it into a daily driver!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 19 2020 :  10:49:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thank you, Walt, for the estimate on the body work. This gives me a
good reference point where I need to be on this project.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 06 2020 :  12:54:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Chops, that Ranchero is awesome! I'd daily drive that thing as is, for a while anyway. If you end up getting the bodywork done, I'm sure we'd all love to see pics. It's been a couple years since I've had the AMC on the road, hopefully this summer.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 06 2020 :  8:40:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well its been 2 weeks so may as well show off new wheels

I gotta do 6-8 things to it

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 06 2020 :  9:00:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
You should get a Cybertruck, Ben. I hear electric vehicles don't need oil!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 06 2020 :  10:57:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
You should get a Cybertruck, Ben. I hear electric vehicles don't need oil!

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 06 2020 :  9:00:06 PM

give me $50,000 & I will get one!

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 06 2020 :  11:05:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
So Ben, if someone called Pickuptruckkk appears, will we know you changed your logon ID?
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 06 2020 :  11:16:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I fixed a few things on my truck

right tail light replaced recently
liner screwed on so it no longer flops around when driving
old plates from S10 are on it
yes can transfer plates to new vehicles here
brakes & oxygen sensor replaced

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 07 2020 :  09:51:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Lol, I'm not old enough to drive. 1 year and I'll get my learners permit!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 22 2020 :  9:49:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
LOL, Alex, I still remember when I got my learners permit, and how the time flew by....in a few days, I will have had my drivers license for a year.

Well, today was one of the most exciting days in my life so far, as I drove over an hour to Lancaster PA along with my Dad, where ultimately I made the decision to trade in my car for my new daily driver -- a 2011 Ford Ranger!!!! With only 34k miles, this truck is practically Mint, and is exactly what I always dreamed of driving, before I even bought my car over a year ago. The price was right, the time was right, and the truck is beyond my wildest expectations. I'm still shocked a little bit, at how amazingly my dream actually came to fruition, and I'm sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that this truck will serve me well for a long, long, long time.

I was inspired to take this photo as soon as we parked outside the dealer's office. I'm super glad I did, as after one of the owners took my car for a short drive for appraisal, it was parked in a different part of the lot, away from my soon-to-be Ranger.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 26 2020 :  11:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Not my daily driver but a nice 1960 Studebaker Lark I am preparing paint for a friend. Lower half will be black and the center above the stainless trim will be the crazy hot race red by Ford... It's in pretty nice condition right now. I hope I am able to do this till I'm 80! What fun! The PPG Race Red is $360.. a QUART for the basecoat.
Ouch !

Edited by - walt on June 26 2020 11:50:17 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 27 2020 :  11:36:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, that is some project. That is going to be quite a piece of eye
candy when done.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 28 2020 :  12:38:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes, Jeff. Rust free car. Just a lot of leveling some less than perfect work done by the last body person. Car looked pretty good before I started. The red should make this thing look sick... Not far away from paint.... This business/hobby is why my train table gets so little attention...

Edited by - walt on June 28 2020 12:47:15 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 28 2020 :  11:15:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well next up is getting the 3rd brake light fixed
now I just needs the cruise control buttons & a am/fm CD & cassette tape radio & THEN I'll be set

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 28 2020 :  2:15:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Cassette tape??? Who wants to listen to one of those awful sounding things...??

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 28 2020 :  2:36:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Cassette tape??? Who wants to listen to one of those awful sounding things...??

Originally posted by walt - June 28 2020 :  2:15:22 PM

ME! cause I have at or about 500 hehe
Plus I has a 6 cassette changer for my rack stereo system
Which even has a 8-track player!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 28 2020 :  3:06:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I do not drive since I am nervous behind the wheel.
Mass transit for me with plenty of options available.

Nassau County bus at Greenvale New York.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - June 28 2020 :  7:35:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Made some updates to my GT.

Added the Mach 1 chin spoiler as well as tail-lights and deck lid panel. Since my birthday is right around the corner I'm going to gift myself a set of flow-masters! After that it will be onto the suspension! The only other thing I have left to do regarding the exterior is to replace the headlights with the retro round headlights from Raxiom.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 28 2020 :  8:24:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:

I do not drive since I am nervous behind the wheel.
Mass transit for me with plenty of options available.

Nassau County bus at Greenvale New York.

Originally posted by wks - June 28 2020 :  3:06:13 PM

Nice Orion VII! Those are my favourite modern buses. I've been working on a model of one for the last while.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 28 2020 :  11:21:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Made some updates to my GT.

Added the Mach 1 chin spoiler as well as tail-lights and deck lid panel. Since my birthday is right around the corner I'm going to gift myself a set of flow-masters! After that it will be onto the suspension! The only other thing I have left to do regarding the exterior is to replace the headlights with the retro round headlights from Raxiom.

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - June 28 2020 :  7:35:59 PM

I saw one of these when it 1st came out & it had AMBER turn signals!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 29 2020 :  01:40:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice, Kristopher!

securitymanager
Switcher

Posted - June 29 2020 :  9:47:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add securitymanager to Buddylist
quote:
LOL, Alex, I still remember when I got my learners permit, and how the time flew by....in a few days, I will have had my drivers license for a year.

Well, today was one of the most exciting days in my life so far, as I drove over an hour to Lancaster PA along with my Dad, where ultimately I made the decision to trade in my car for my new daily driver -- a 2011 Ford Ranger!!!! With only 34k miles, this truck is practically Mint, and is exactly what I always dreamed of driving, before I even bought my car over a year ago. The price was right, the time was right, and the truck is beyond my wildest expectations. I'm still shocked a little bit, at how amazingly my dream actually came to fruition, and I'm sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that this truck will serve me well for a long, long, long time.

I was inspired to take this photo as soon as we parked outside the dealer's office. I'm super glad I did, as after one of the owners took my car for a short drive for appraisal, it was parked in a different part of the lot, away from my soon-to-be Ranger.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 22 2020 :  9:49:44 PM

To GOD be the GLORY!
All things in his time for his purpose

God Bless!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: May 29 2020  ~  Last Visit: June 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 29 2020 :  11:13:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice truck! Is that Mustang street legal??? Still, my vote goes with
the Orion VII! Looks like a nice comfortable ride!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 30 2020 :  10:54:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks Chops and securitymanager!!

Walt, looks like quite the project - please do post more pics of that car!

Kristopher, awesome Mustang! Your mods have made it look even better.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 30 2020 :  11:59:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Got the base coat paint for the Studebaker. The red PPG brand is $360.00 a QUART! Great color though!..
The black is just the common black...

Edited by - walt on July 01 2020 12:02:57 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 01 2020 :  12:10:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 22 2020 :  9:49:44 PM

can you transfer the licence plate from your car to truck?
or do it need to be a truck plate?

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 01 2020 :  9:27:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That red color looks so sick, Walt!

Busss, no unfortunately, I had to get a new plate when trading in my car, as the state of PA has a special tag for trucks, with higher registration costs as well.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 02 2020 :  2:20:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Busss, no unfortunately, I had to get a new plate when trading in my car, as the state of PA has a special tag for trucks, with higher registration costs as well.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - July 01 2020 :  9:27:11 PM

ok I wondered about that

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 02 2020 :  2:43:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
Got the base coat paint for the Studebaker. The red PPG brand is $360.00 a QUART! Great color though!..
The black is just the common black...

Originally posted by walt - June 30 2020 :  11:59:06 PM

Should I even ask how much paint you need for the entire car? Is it expensive because of the particular pigment used, or...? Granted, a couple grand in materials for a high quality paint job on a classic car doesn't seem too bad.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 02 2020 :  4:45:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I’ll probably use 2 quarts of each color, Erik. I have both red and a black sealer to coat it with right before I paint that gives it the initial collar it will become. I like using house of Kolor Clearcoat with Hardner and reducer because it has a lot of UV Sunray protection. The clearcoat with additives cost about 350 bucks a gallon.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 02 2020 :  9:01:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Ah, that's not so bad then. I figured it would have taken a gallon or so. I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures of the finished car!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 03 2020 :  03:10:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Actually Erik, it is a gallon of color(s) two quarts each color. The clearcoat is also a gallon plus the hardeners and reducers. It is an expensive deal, but I spend a lot of extra time on a project to make sure it is as nice as it can be. The paint especially the black, hides nothing. I will get some pics up when painting, which I hope to about next week...

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 03 2020 :  12:47:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Good work is worth every penny. I'm looking forward to pictures!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 11 2020 :  02:37:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Very close to adding the Race Red on this project! Tomorrow I will final sand a few tiny primer spot. Sunday gets a chemical wash down followed by the red. I've nit picked this section for days!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 11 2020 :  3:49:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Making good progress, Walt!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 11 2020 :  10:50:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nervously, excited about applying the red on Sunday!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 12 2020 :  2:51:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The Red & Clear coat went on well today...

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 12 2020 :  5:06:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome!!

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - July 13 2020 :  9:53:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
2016 Chevy Silverado
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 14 2020 :  01:37:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
All I can say is "wow," Walt.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 14 2020 :  2:19:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
WOW. Gorgeous!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 14 2020 :  3:35:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
A fine job walt. Great work!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 14 2020 :  6:59:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Guys! Turned our really nice! Being it's a specialty car I will wet sand the car with really fine paper and buff it to a smooth mirror gloss...
Edited by - walt on July 14 2020 7:00:57 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 14 2020 :  7:21:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

My project car.

This is my project car $5000 later. Not seen: blown head gasket because they didn't change
the thermostat with the radiator.

Should have spent the money on Tyco.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: What kind of music is your favorite? Topic Next Topic: Best decade?  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000