Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 33 ]  [ Total: 35 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Lima Passenger Set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco racing... Topic Next Topic: Whodunnit: Southern RR Streamline Caboose?  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 19 2009 :  2:58:37 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Here is a set I picked up today at a train show. I know it's Lima, but I'm curious about what the prototype is (for both the engine and cars). Also, if anyone knows when they were made, that would be great too :)

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator 

martin67
Big Six

Posted - September 20 2009 :  02:17:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
Hi,

it a french suburban train, even if the engine doesnt fit this set.

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/fr/electric/dc/7200/beton/7250-52/7252_3_1juillet07.jpg

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/fr/car/regional/VO2N/SNCF_TER_VO2N-NPdC_B_Lille_1.jpg

Btw, for those interrested in old Lima, there are some pdfs of old catalogs hidden on my website.

http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/Kataloge%20en.htm

Just move your mouse across the pictures, whenever a hand instead of the arrow appears, a pdf is available!

Martin

http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/index.htm
 Country: Germany  ~  Posts: 222  ~  Member Since: May 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 20 2009 :  08:38:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
SNCF is a French railway so that shoulda been right there & it looks like a push-pull type of train too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

martin67
Big Six

Posted - September 20 2009 :  09:26:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
That's right! SNCF is the Societe National de Chemins de Fer Francais (French National Railway). The train is indeed a push-pull train, normally a class BB17000 loco was used for that.

The BB7200 shown in the set above is a express loco without push-pull equipment, so it was never used on these trains.

To answer the last question, Lima made these items from the mid 70's until the end of the 80's

Martin

Edited by - martin67 on September 20 2009 11:36:21 AM
 Country: Germany  ~  Posts: 222  ~  Member Since: May 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 20 2009 :  10:08:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
say has anyone made a transistion car for these locos? As the couplers are not compatable with the Kadees or regular couplers I'll bet you got that train set CHEAP DaCheez
Edited by - microbusss on September 20 2009 10:09:38 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

martin67
Big Six

Posted - September 20 2009 :  10:53:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
There were no coupler conversions available for Lima equipment. Actually, I don't see the sense in this. Would you wanna mix European and American equipment in one train?

Lima once had trucks with X2F couplers for European stock that was sold on the American market, back in the 60's. And Liliput was offering X2F couplers to convert their models with seperatly attached couplers. Lima trucks always had cast on couplers, so a conversion is almost impossible.

Cheers,

Martin

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 20 2009 :  11:00:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
naah not really was just curious

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 20 2009 :  3:30:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't sure about the engine, but it's close enough for me. I don't have much Euro equipment, so the fact that I have a loco in the same paint scheme is good enough for me

Microbusss: $35 for the set. That's usually what stuff seems to go for around here ($10 a car + $15 for the engine). I'm sure people have had better deals, but compared to some of the other stuff I could've done much worse. There was one guy trying to sell an unboxed four car set of Tyco CN streamliners for $75 O_o
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - September 20 2009 :  4:25:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Nice catch, Cheez

I have one of those locos, a Jeouff from the '70s...

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 20 2009 :  4:59:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a nice paint scheme Shaygetz. I have a pair of "Jouef for Playcraft" cars ( I assume it's the same company). Actually, I just looked at them, and one of them is an SNCF as well

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - September 20 2009 :  6:10:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't sure about the engine, but it's close enough for me. I don't have much Euro equipment, so the fact that I have a loco in the same paint scheme is good enough for me

Microbusss: $35 for the set. That's usually what stuff seems to go for around here ($10 a car + $15 for the engine). I'm sure people have had better deals, but compared to some of the other stuff I could've done much worse. There was one guy trying to sell an unboxed four car set of Tyco CN streamliners for $75 O_o

Originally posted by DaCheez-September 20 2009: 3:30:34 PM

Nice find DaCheez. Sounds like a good deal to me. It looks like a great set.

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - September 20 2009 :  9:55:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I soooooooo need to get one of those locomotives! If only so I can paint it white with a big green "W" on the side

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 20 2009 :  10:45:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Sir, We are picking up the outline of a...Winnebago. LONESTARR!!

martin67
Big Six

Posted - September 21 2009 :  12:16:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
Back to topic,

for those interrested in Jouef-Trains:

http://www.joueftrains.com/

Cheez, very nice freight cars with a long history. Their prototypes were built in the USA in 1918 and came to Europe in WWI. They had to be built according to the small British clearance, as they were shipped via GB. After the war these freight cars were in use all over Europe, but mainly SNCF.

From 1944, during WWII, the same happened again, USATC brought a lot of railway stuff to Europe....

Martin

Edited by - martin67 on September 22 2009 01:23:21 AM

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 21 2009 :  8:00:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Interesting info Martin. Cool site too. My Grandma found that pair in her basement years ago along with some Tri-ang and Fleischmann. I still don't have any idea where they came from, but atleast now I know a little about the cars

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 16 2024 :  3:35:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some nice items.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco racing... Topic Next Topic: Whodunnit: Southern RR Streamline Caboose?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000