Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 34 ]  [ Total: 34 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 NEW ADDITIONS>>there were demonstrators
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: mack railbus in ho Topic Next Topic: another different color scheme  

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - April 05 2008 :  04:02:39 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Can you find the hidden villin who took over the irony horse?
Names have been changed at first glance to protect the paranoids... or was it single noids?
no crowds, no signs, no strikes, no violens, no rocks or other missiles thrown or launched into
the air... no hurt bodies, no casualtys [:D] but, there were demonstrators... no beaches, but a shark was sited (or is it cited, sighted, dunno)... there was some ALCOhaulic gold, nowhere near the water, but a U-Boat was caught in the nets, there was someone singing the "Sound of music... no d'oh! Ray! Me, but FA- a long, long, long... way to run and stumble... two project grades, one scored an "F", an "A", and a "B"... and finally, no floor cleaner, so a General Purpose powder with seven herbs and spices (but not a secrete recipe)...

ALL THIS, in this, a un-moving demonstration of up-hill horses, yet with-out whipes, er, whips...

and now, for something completely different...

the shark...

ALCOhaulic

the u-boat...

the three grades, or was it two?

FA: long, long, way, to, come...

finally, "floor pick-up" powder with added ingreediants...

and NOW, the uncle...

who's yor master?

Iz it PA?

OR, JUST SHORT OF THE JELLY?

Now, perhaps there is a mix of answers Diesel Locomotive six axles...
I am happy to employ the fireman... (video coming this week, MAY 13, 2008)

now, can you make the grade?

Detales later.

john, zebrails... whatever. I am experiencing a... post-life crisis... instead of AL, coholic bevvys, I buy models... rather, I railroad those pretty people from CamerasVille...

And now, something fourth-coming...
The true names:
Baldwin Locomotive Works CRF-16-4 #6000 by Bachman with DCC on Board
American Locomotive Company C628 #2 By Model Power
General Electric U-30-B #302 By Life-Like Proto 1000 sound and dcc
General Motors/Electro Motive F-3 #291A + 291B By Athearn Genesis sound and dcc x2
ALCO/GE FA-2's #1602A + 1602D By Life-Like Proto 1000
General Motors/ Electro Motive GP-7 #100 By Atlas (china)
Fairbanks Morse Train Master #4 by Atlas Gold Series
PA+PB Demo's by Proto 1000
ALCO RSD 15 a.k.a. DL601 by Broadway Limited Imports

*Please remember that most of these new locomotives have been purchased by my credit card, in case anyone is wondering why or how I got these when I owe $$ to a few of you.

AND, I have been purchasing these locomotives from "FACTORY DIRECT TRAINS" AND appropriately titled "TOY TRAIN HEAVEN"

Like I said, More coming!
Athearn GM MP-15AC Demo
True-Line Trains Fairbanks Morse 5 Axle C-liner Demo
ALCO S-1 #5 Demo
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I may also get the Athearn GP-35 Demo, as well as the LifeLike Proto 1000 RS 27 Demo's also from the Toy Train Heaven store.
Those interested, go to www.toytrainheaven.com put in the search box "DEMO." You will also find N-Scale 'demo's as well as the newer locomotives in HO Scale.
enuf bragging, eh?
I STILL like the following line....

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on May 12 2008 06:00:16 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 05 2008 :  06:31:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
nice little lot of demos,really like the gp7,and the shark,2 more for me to look out for ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 05 2008 :  8:30:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hey John. Nice engines. I like the shark and the F-3's.

I also like your writing style. Very cool.

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - April 07 2008 :  05:48:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
thank you all.

I am being sincere when I speak about a certain crisis [V]. This April will prove to be a great struggling one for me personally [B)]. I need the support of my friends. Even those with who I am indebted to. I will return or make payments to those I owe $$ to... that is, when my train comes in, after it is imported by my ship that shall come in... no, not named the Titan...

Jokingly yet seriously, I visit my hobby shops as an alcoholic visits a liquor store [xx(] . The difference is, my liver will not be pickled, but I shall be lacking the funds to have proper fun... hmmm... that didn't sound right... I will edit this whole comment after next week is over... that is, if I am still of sound mind.

[:(]

I know, it may seem crazy. True, I haven't the money in the bank for these. But, if I look at it in a positive way, I am building my credit rating... yes, my credit card expenditures.

All you readers I wish to befriend, and to be your friend.
Thanks also to those who are connected to divine interpretation. (yes, you will know who you are, too.)

Truly, John [|)]

"I love your catenary!"

Edited by - zebrails on May 12 2008 11:47:34 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - April 09 2008 :  12:34:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
I have the gold Alco, beautiful engine...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 09 2008 :  6:14:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
just arrived,have listed in lotw but just in case you do not go there heres my offering of the day so to speak ken

Edited by - catfordken on April 09 2008 6:31:48 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - April 09 2008 :  6:51:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Wow Ken, talking about gold.

Who is the manufacturer?

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 09 2008 :  6:56:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi mike all three are athearn the gold gm50 anniversaty is a limited edition ken

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - April 14 2008 :  01:53:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
This is a demo GE AC4400CW by Athearn.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 14 2008 :  1:28:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi Hypoponera great loco another to add to wants ken

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - April 17 2008 :  06:05:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
hey Ken...

go to www.toytrainheaven.com and put "Demo" in the search.

oh, perhaps abstaining is the key thing, right?

PA/PB demo's, MP-15AC demos, ALCO RS...? demos, eventually FM 5 axle C-Liner demo coming in July... plenty of other demos there, too.

Mu ha ha ha!

John
jus' bein' silly! ( but it's true about toytrainheaven.com )

p.s. Y'all do have some nice loco's there. I'm quite attracted to the sky-blue paint scheme demo's.

"I love your catenary!"

Edited by - zebrails on April 17 2008 06:07:44 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 20 2008 :  8:37:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my latest just need a chassis,ken

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 21 2008 :  2:40:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Huh. I sort of knew and yet forgot about the mid-80's EMD Demo scheme. Looks very similar to what I drew up for the STC. Drat, I thought I was being original but maybe I had it in my subconscious. I'll have to get one sometime.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Puppyfang
Big Six

shark1

Posted - May 22 2008 :  07:59:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Puppyfang to Buddylist
Thought I would add the newest addition also.......

hope you all like...Garret

And the one that I want the most...not a demo, buy WOW what an engine.....

"Though amid all the smoking horror and diabolism of a sea-fight, SHARKS will be seen longingly gazing up to the ship's decks, like hungry dogs round a table where red meat is being carved, ready to bolt down every killed man that is tossed to them . . ." by Herman Melville
Edited by - Puppyfang on May 22 2008 08:36:20 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 209  ~  Member Since: March 25 2008  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 22 2008 :  4:09:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
what is it ken

Puppyfang
Big Six

shark1

Posted - May 22 2008 :  8:45:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Puppyfang to Buddylist
ken...prr centipede, DR12-8-1500/2 not sure who maded it, know it was from overseas, I believe it came out of japan...there was a place here that had three of them...they are all sold...talked to the guy and he say they may make a plastic shell version with same running gear...for a small price of 350.00 dollars...what a deal...garret
"Though amid all the smoking horror and diabolism of a sea-fight, SHARKS will be seen longingly gazing up to the ship's decks, like hungry dogs round a table where red meat is being carved, ready to bolt down every killed man that is tossed to them . . ." by Herman Melville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 209  ~  Member Since: March 25 2008  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 23 2008 :  09:10:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
sure is a monster,cheers for info ken

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - May 24 2008 :  01:17:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
what is it ken

Originally posted by catfordken - May 22 2008 : 9:09:46 PM

Ken,

Is that chassisless shell an SD40-2?

Puppyfang, Very nice! I love the color contrasts. Very sharp and crisp!
And all so very fine, thanks people.

John

p.s. The future for me seems to be a bit brighter. Following the month of June, I may be getting myself back into the black financially... (two weeks ago, I bounced my credit card.)
Thanks for all your help, patience, and support.

"I love your catenary!"

Edited by - zebrails on May 24 2008 01:26:47 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 24 2008 :  05:05:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi john yes its an sd40-2 but the new style,could convert to the blue box chassis,but it entails some work on both body and chassis,would sooner a new style chassis ken

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:41:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF THIS SD40-2 IS A DEMO OR A LEASE LOCO,AGAIN ITS A NEW STYLE BODY KEN

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 25 2008 :  12:36:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Looks like an ex-Soo Line unit that was returned to EMD either as a trade-in, or off-lease (without looking that unit up specifically I can't be sure). It's quite common to see lease units from both builders and equity companies still wearing the paint schemes of former owners.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 25 2008 :  12:58:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
cheers gic,all imput helpful,this one is just for shelf,ken

athearn ready to run minus powertrain,a us ebayer has some if you want one email me

Edited by - catfordken on May 26 2008 07:18:35 AM

Puppyfang
Big Six

shark1

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:18:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Puppyfang to Buddylist
Ken...where did you get the neat up...never saw one like that, any story behind that one...Garret

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:31:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey GIC:

If that were a SOO unit the rearward lower section of red would be rounded into a swoop ala covered wagon...

-Gareth

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:39:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:44:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
OK, I stand corrected- SMARTASS! [^]

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:50:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Guilty as charged? [:D]

But, I'm a nice guy: In your defense, it looks like Soo Line simplified the swoop at some point, as photos of the same loco classes in both styles can be found.

But finally found Ken's loco... looks like I was correct, and his paint scheme is the transitional mode before EMD repainted it blue:

/tyco/forum/uploaded/GoingInCirclez/SOO%206309-1.jpg

"Notes : Built by EMD as Milwaukee Road #25 (7/1973). Acquired by SOO Line (1985) and renumbered to SOO #6309. Retired (7/1988). Sold to EMD Leasing, became EMDX #6309."

From http://www.mountainrailway.com/SOO%20Line%20Roster%20Archive/SOO%206300/SOO%206309.htm

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on May 25 2008 9:53:13 PM

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - May 26 2008 :  04:24:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Great Job people!

I am quite impressed. This thread has lasted quite well.

MRC has what's called a "Black Box" tool. This tool, if you do not have DCC yet but have a few "sound-equipped" locomotives, will enable you to make use of the entire sound decoder if your loco's have the QSI sound system, also known as "Quantum QSI"... hmmm... Quantum Systems Intelligence?
These can be found in Proto 1000/2000 w/sound&dcc, Atlas Gold Series locomotives, and Broadway Limited Imports steam/diesel locomotives.
The cousin to BLI, PCM or Precision Craft Models, has the LokSound, Athearn Genesis locomotives has another sound system.

Perhaps, someone out there has used the "MRC Black Box" on their Athearn Genesis locomotives and got good results?

Beyond this topic, I will say that this is a great forum.
Demo, Demo's, Demonstrators...

more of your input is continually welcome.

Again, thank you all!

John

"I love your catenary!"

Pierce
Big Six

Posted - August 26 2008 :  04:49:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pierce to Buddylist
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160274192993&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Check out this old demo...

Adam
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 204  ~  Member Since: August 19 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 04 2023 :  9:03:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Gorgeous models.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 04 2023 :  10:06:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I just had a thought while reading this
Was there ever a demonstration STEAM locomotive?
yeah crazy thought but am tired hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 04 2023 :  10:59:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Just a model but could have been painted for demonstration back in the day.

Lionel does show possibilities from time to time.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 05 2023 :  12:14:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I am glad you revived this "forgotten thread." I'd never seen it, nor any such
discussion like it before. Interesting question, were there steam demo's?

One of my favorite demo's was the Black Mariah. This thing was banged
together in the post war rush to compete in the emerging diesel market
by Alco. It had a surplus submarine motor and the rest of it was put up
in an awful hurry, and she flopped miserably as a demo. I believe it was
in Maine she threw a connecting rod, after numerous other mechanical
problems and that was the end of that.

Quietly shelved, it was replaced by the FA series.

I don't buy much these days, but if this one was available in HO I'd
step up to pay for it. Such an interesting history and an interesting
time, when steam was going the way of the buggy whip.

Edited by - Chops124 on August 05 2023 12:16:52 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: mack railbus in ho Topic Next Topic: another different color scheme  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000