Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 36 ]  [ Total: 36 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 My Bucket List
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hawaii Railroads Topic Next Topic: El Paso to LA to Seattle by  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 17 2023 :  12:56:36 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
1. Take a long distance train, preferably by sleeper, to Seattle.

2. Go to Alaska.

3. Explore some of Washington State.

4. Take the train over Raton Pass, before they remove the last working semaphore in the US (so I am told), installed in the 1920's.

All the planets came into alignment and once and I got to check off all the boxes. I've done a HEAP 'o traveling this summer. Summer has barely even started.

I am trying to open some images to resize, but that function on the computer seems to
have up and quit. So may be a few days before I can post anything other than text!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - June 17 2023 :  11:32:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
been to the "diesel" hotel room in MT? The Rocky Mountaineer? I DID see the Bigboy in 2019 and was at the 150 anniversary of the Dolden Spike in 2019. Saw a guy propose at Promintory PRETTY SURE she said yes
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 17 2023 :  1:17:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Another one possibly to be added to your list Jeff.

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21385

Area and station are irrestible.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 17 2023 :  4:16:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
been to the "diesel" hotel room in MT? The Rocky Mountaineer? I DID see the Bigboy in 2019 and was at the 150 anniversary of the Dolden Spike in 2019. Saw a guy propose at Promintory PRETTY SURE she said yes

Originally posted by thesiding - June 17 2023 :  11:32:43 AM

yeah I saw the Big Boy the year after May 20th 2023 in Cheyenne in the Steam Shop & June 7th when it went thru Gering, Nebraska hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 17 2023 :  8:02:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Lamy, NM from the Super Chief

Changing from the Sunset Limited to the Coast Starlight in Los Angeles.
The dining coach was delightful and the food was as good or better
as any I've indulged.

Debris field on Mt. St. Helens, last blew in 1980, claiming 57 souls.

Whale watching in Alaska. Saw one Hump Back from about 100 yards, otherwise it was
a pleasant cruise on an atypical sunny day. Sea Lions are most closely related to bears.
His wonders to behold. If I ever make it up there, I got a whole lot of questions for
the Editor-in-Chief.

Our faithful steeds. Hauled me through the desert, up the coast, and into Seattle.
Here at the start of my journey in El Paso. Brought a pile of books, but they lay on
the table unopened, as one can see America in a way one cannot from the highway.

Famous in book and song.

A time to reflect and to ponder His wonders.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 17 2023 8:07:33 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 17 2023 :  10:39:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Definitely looks like quite the trip, Chops. Very interesting photos as well.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - June 18 2023 :  4:41:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
You got the P42s for power? Did you see any of the new Chargers, in their bold new paint scheme? I am anxiously awaiting their debut in service here in Pittsburgh. I've seen a few on their way to Wilmington to be set up for service, but thus far they've not come through here actually running.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 486  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - June 19 2023 :  5:53:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Twice have I travelled from eastern PA to LA via Amtrak. On my first passage on the Southwest Chief I slept under the stars on the hard benches of the Superdome car. Nothing like a Great Plains thunderstorm at night when you have the whole sky visible above you. After LA I headed up the coast to Vancouver- Gastown to be precise and then a few days in Havre, MT.

Beautiful scenes out there. A wonderful trip.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 20 2023 :  01:33:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sweet!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 20 2023 :  03:09:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
In no particular sequence:

Somewhere west of La Junta.

This is London calling, are we reaching? Hot Springs, NM

Aberdeen, Washington

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 20 2023 :  7:13:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice Jeff.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 21 2023 :  12:47:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
wouldn't it be nice IF you could take a train TO Alaska?
maybe someday but atm idr what the most northern line is in Canada that connects to the Lower 48
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - June 21 2023 :  07:46:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
wouldn't it be nice IF you could take a train TO Alaska?
maybe someday but atm idr what the most northern line is in Canada that connects to the Lower 48

Originally posted by microbusss - June 21 2023 :  12:47:17 AM

Not sure if it's the northernmost line in Canada, but the former British COlumbia Ry built almost to the border with Yukon. There have been proposals over the years to connect this line to the Alaska RR at Fairbanks.

As for northernmost railroad, there are plans to built a self contained railroad on Baffin Island, and several locomotives are currently sitting at the GE plant in Erie, PA lettered for the Baffliland RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 486  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hawaii Railroads Topic Next Topic: El Paso to LA to Seattle by  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000