Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 The New Little Big Eight layout
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Green Light RR Topic Next Topic: Tyco / Mehano bridge and trestle layout  

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 16 2022 :  1:21:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Hello there !
I started the building of The New Little Big Eight layout in H0 scale. Why a figure 8 layout? For absolutely no serious reason except for the fun. As you can see below I used a very small crossover. This little device solved all my electrical issues.
All your comments, advices and criticism will be greatly appreciated.

A short video...

https://youtu.be/LSwVJ2mDQAg

Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator 

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 18 2022 :  06:37:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
I put two coats of my favorite brown on the workbench. I'm very pleased with the result but I'm a very simple guy.

Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 18 2022 :  10:32:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
One more photo !

Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 18 2022 :  10:01:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That figure-8 looks cool. The brown platform is certainly an interesting choice - have you come up with any scenery ideas yet?
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 19 2022 :  05:37:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
quote:
That figure-8 looks cool.
Originally posted by RP model railroads - April 18 2022 :  10:01:54 PM
Thanks !
quote:
have you come up with any scenery ideas yet?
Originally posted by RP model railroads - April 18 2022 :  10:01:54 PM
Not yet.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 19 2022 :  2:50:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A lot of potential to obscure tracks behind canyon walls and out croppings to make the 8 a
little less obvious. Or, industrial scenes with spurs and diamonds. Don't forget Florida:
cake decorator palm trees are cheap by the dozen for a tropical scene. Or winterize your
layout using WS snow, but don't use flour, as it attracts bugs. Or consider a street running scene.
Some American cities have, or had, railroad tracks running down the middle of city streets,
flanked by mom and pop stores on either side.

Would also make for a great interurban or trolley layout.

Edited by - Chops124 on April 19 2022 2:52:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 20 2022 :  09:10:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Thanks Chop. A lot of good ideas. And now it's time for a new video. Enjoy !

https://youtu.be/EX8G4xrKBEs

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 21 2022 :  05:26:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Unfortunately, I can't put any scenery or greenery because my layout must be stored vertically against a wall in my garage.

offtrackthoroughbred
Little Six

Ice Bandit

Posted - April 21 2022 :  9:56:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add offtrackthoroughbred to Buddylist
A few inches to spar?
Propitious placement of geologic "mesa" styrofoam landscape structures, 6 - 8 inches tall, will protect a forest or village while your base is propped against a wall.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 125  ~  Member Since: November 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 22 2022 :  04:02:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
I got a direct order from SWMBO: "we need more room for really serious things. So you must dismantle your layout right now !". That's what I have done this morning. I put all my model railroad stuff in boxes.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 22 2022 :  12:53:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The wife told me, "it's me or the trains." Sure going to miss her.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - April 22 2022 :  1:25:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I watched the Showtime! video. You needed one more 30 foot flat car so the loco just clears at the diamond. Unless the "serious things" are a car in the garage, I suspect if you two do some spring cleaning, I'd bet you can find stuff that fills an 8 x 3' space you could get rid of or send off to Goodwill to make room for the railroad. Otherwise the railroad will invite itself indoors all over the living room!

But you have to pick your battles to keep the peace.

Edited by - el rojo grande on April 22 2022 1:29:57 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 23 2022 :  04:04:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
quote:
The wife told me, "it's me or the trains." Sure going to miss her.

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 22 2022 :  12:53:52 PM

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 23 2022 :  04:08:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
quote:
I watched the Showtime! video. You needed one more 30 foot flat car so the loco just clears at the diamond. Unless the "serious things" are a car in the garage, I suspect if you two do some spring cleaning, I'd bet you can find stuff that fills an 8 x 3' space you could get rid of or send off to Goodwill to make room for the railroad. Otherwise the railroad will invite itself indoors all over the living room!

But you have to pick your battles to keep the peace.

Originally posted by el rojo grande - April 22 2022 :  1:25:01 PM

Can't say better !
  Previous Topic: The Green Light RR Topic Next Topic: Tyco / Mehano bridge and trestle layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000