Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Henley: Britain in OO
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New house layout! Topic Next Topic: Bump: Bugging Out in Armodilloville
Page: of 5

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 01 2021 :  12:41:04 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Okey dokey. So, the very first time I ever posted a digital image was on the Tyco Forum a couple years back.
Then, to my amazement, I hit the wrong button on my Kodak digital camera and discovered that it also
would shoot video, with sound no less! I am a guy who grew up using a Kodak Super 8 wind up Brownie,
vintage 1939. It still works perfectly, BTW, just a trick finding film for it.

So, when I first started posting digital images and vids, I was so absorbed in just trying to figure out
the necessary steps that I failed to notice what everyone else was doing, that is, posting their content
under a single thread heading, like "Ephrata Valley Railroad Updates," and such like. So I went
merrily posting a new thread topic for each and every video. Somewhere around a hundred videos
later I realized that I was not following the community standard format, but I was so deep into it
I figured to just keep on doing that. Now I'm up around 300 videos, and it's a little awkward.

So, New Year's Resolution #241, I am going to post new videos, under one thread heading, like
everyone else in the World. I Will start with last week's crop. Same for the Armadilloville series.
And all the other projects. Better late than never.

Modern Railway Operations, and Bugs That Can Interfere:
https://youtu.be/uo5QExcpc34

How to Spot the Loch Ness Monster
https://youtu.be/Ieh6mEtUr34

Up and Down to Henley
https://youtu.be/ejIB6hxDvzs
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 01 2021 :  10:13:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So awesome that you're doing this, Chops! Yes, having a dedicated thread really helps when posting videos and updates regarding your layouts.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 09 2021 :  02:40:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
This one is called "Electric Holiday." A bit too long, but I liked the song, which I heard coming home from an
errand today. Two of the locomotives are the Dapol and the Hornby that I posted on "All the Others..." this week.
The third is a rather vintage Triang (double pantographs) that runs pretty good considering when it was made.
The two new ones I paid up for, and it was worth it, they are not only beautiful to behold, the mechanisms are
top quality and run through all speed ranges flawlessly.

https://youtu.be/i1_uXri3APM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 09 2021 :  07:23:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 27 2021 :  10:12:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/OAmtw0YT81U

Just kicking around with the OO. The new Bachmann Class 3200 Duke Dog is a superlative gem. The Oxford Rails Dean Goods is a delight. The Hornby Rocket and Terrier are superb.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 27 2021 :  10:54:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A simpler time Jeff.

Deserves a repeat performance.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 27 2021 :  3:26:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
More of the same. I like the performer, Richard Dyer-Bennet.

https://youtu.be/Z8mpuQI5_ng

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 27 2021 :  5:11:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
And yes, WKS, you are so spot on right. People say "aaagh what does it matter, yesterday's knews." NO, we say we lived then and it WAS different
in so many good ways. It was safer, people knew what they were doing with their business, women stayed in the home and raised children to be strong and thoughtufl members of society. It WAS different. Perhaps we took it a little to carelessly, and were unprepared for the coming onslaught. Sure, there were problems, but things go dealt with in a more moderate approcach, and the truly incorrigibles self-selected into hard time and stayed there.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 27 2021 :  9:19:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great videos, Chops! I see I must not be the only one who likes to listen to my favorite songs while running model trains.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2021 :  11:34:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Pulled the old stuff down today. I swear this is as slow as I can make any of them run. Much less than
about six volts they stall on the points. I swear I never have a clue what I am going to shoot when I
do a shoot. I just follow the next inspiration and shoot from the hip. Everything is just ad libbed
start to finish.

Neither Snow Nor Rain..

https://youtu.be/4IkJO3u9RVE

Edited by - Chops124 on May 02 2021 11:36:56 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 03 2021 :  9:53:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Lolol, great video, Chops!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 10 2021 :  02:30:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The latest in mind numbing model train videos: "Electrifying Developments in Olive Oil Distribution." Fired up
brand spanking new Lima electric, and she performed perfectly. I had a weird issue with the Electrotren
flat, with the blue and white jugs on it just behind the locomotive. Seems that Electrotren had made the
wheels metal with a metal uninsulated axle, which caused shorting. Not a good short, either, as it would
only cause the overload to flicker as it rolled along, but annoying enough and not wanting to damage the
transformer. Seems that this would be correct for an AC 3 rail set up, but definitely not compatible with
DC 2 rail. Found a quick and easy solution by putting a drop of Super Glue on each wheel tread, and that
created a thin layer of insulation that allows it to roll perfectly. Finding replacement Electrotren wheel sets
pretty dang hard, and that piece cost better part of $30 with international shipping. A bit more than the Tyco
I usually have picked up for two-fer-a-dollar.

https://youtu.be/pTSCapP-Mew

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 10 2021 :  08:31:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Interesting technique. Super glue is super awesome.

Great video - nice angles. Nessie strikes again.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 31 2021 :  01:32:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Every now and again, when I am paying half attention, something comes along and demonstrates to me
that we are not evolved from trilobytes, or mice, or algae, but that there is this Divine spark within the
ascent of man. Trying not to be too gushy, but these two Hornby locomotives, and the passenger rake,
are so far beyond what I hope for in a model train. The detail is superb, but being a Tyco guy I'm a little
light there, but the function can only be described as fine scale. I love a slow train.

https://youtu.be/3r5UWILMNMo

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 31 2021 :  08:09:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Every now and again when I am paying half attention there is something that comes along and demonstrates to me
that we are not evolved from trilobytes or mice or algae.
But there is this Divine spark within the ascent of man.
Trying not to be too gushy but these two Hornby locomotives and the passenger rake are so far beyond what I hope for in a model train.
The detail is superb but being a Tyco guy I am a little light there.
But the function can only be described as fine scale and I love a slow train."

Originally posted by Chops124 on May 31 2021 at 1:32 am.

Another fun video Jeff. Excellent work.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 31 2021 :  7:48:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks WKS, it was fun.

This one is "Advances in Nessie Sightings," featuring my new Rapdio J 70. I am guessing the purpose of
the shrouding of the drivers was because this branch line locomotive paralleled country roads frequented
by horse traffic, and that this was an attempt to not spook the creatures. I grew up with horses, and
sorry to say, they are pretty stupid beasts, when frightened can cause enormous damage.

https://youtu.be/l691cFQJyGE

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 31 2021 :  9:08:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice action videos, Chops. Great new additions.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 15 2021 :  12:43:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Except for butterflies, dragon flies, and the occasional lady bug,
I find insects hideous.I had to put my Big Boy pants on for this one.

The two trailing red coaches are Joeuf. Very light, they do not
stress the vintage Triang Electra. The green train are Electrotren
SNCF coaches hauled by my new fave, a Lima Italian job. She is so
sweet to run. The DMU, if I recall, is a Dapol; also a sweet runner.

https://youtu.be/xBg5ET37lzE

Edited by - Chops124 on June 15 2021 4:13:44 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 15 2021 :  9:28:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice video Chops!

gotta say, that bug at the end looked pretty hideous....

Edited by - RP model railroads on June 15 2021 9:29:06 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 17 2021 :  12:06:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Moving Brits and Twigs

https://youtu.be/_HTFj1CTRd4

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 17 2021 :  11:16:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Moving Brits and Twigs
Originally posted by Chops124 - June 17 2021 :  12:06:08 AM

What's with the twigs? I know they scale to fairly stout sticks, but I still have no idea why large bundles of sticks would have been transported by rail. Are you modeling an actual load common to the British Isles?

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 17 2021 :  3:46:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, Haggs, Electrotren makes a number of oddball loads,
this being one of several. You might note that the three wagons
hauling the olive oil amphorae. Each wagon, btw, has
a differently colored jug set.

I don't usually have a theme in mind when it comes to a video.
I try to keep them short and sweet. Ultra long videos get dull
pretty quick. Other than that, I just film what happens and cut a
video to form a simple, if pointless story, often as not, with an
embedded visual pun.

However, there are three puns imbedded in that video.
The first is too delicate to explain point-blank, so it forms
sort of a riddle, like this:

1. Right now, in the UK, there is a bit of a controversy with a train
run by the Avanti corporation, and it has to do with pride. Just Google
"Avanti Pride." June is the month for which this train represents.

2. A bundle of sticks has a name that has gone out of fashion.
Google "bundle of sticks." Take the plural of that word and
exchange it for "twigs" in "Moving Brits and Twigs," and you
will have the answer. It is a satirical jab at being "woke."

Second visual pun is less impolitic. It is very hard to see, I
should have done a close up still of it, is the wagon with the
crate on it. The crate is marked "CRISTAL." In the scene where the
switcher is desperately trying to hook up to its string, it eventually
knocks over the cars on the adjacent track, one of them is the wagon,
marked Cristal. The music stops and the sound effect of breaking glass
erupts.

Third pun is the rooster crowing in the beginning. It is supposed to
set the tone of a slightly backwards, idyllic time and place, as if to say,
WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 17 2021 3:54:00 PM

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 17 2021 :  11:16:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

1. Right now, in the UK, there is a bit of a controversy with a train run by the Avanti corporation, and it has to do with pride. Just Google "Avanti Pride." June is the month for which this train represents.

2. A bundle of sticks has a name that has gone out of fashion. Google "bundle of sticks." Take the plural of that word and exchange it for "twigs" in "Moving Brits and Twigs," and you will have the answer. It is a satirical jab at being "woke."
Originally posted by Chops124 - June 17 2021 :  3:46:27 PM

The archaic word for firewood bundles did occur to me, because I mostly read older books, but not knowing about Avanti Pride (Nor Avanti's answer to the other six deadly vices), I didn't realize I was close to the meaning of it. I was imagining something like an old world way to transport chemical wood or something.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 18 2021 :  09:51:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 20 2021 :  8:04:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Whistling in the Dark

https://youtu.be/PZvvchfVUq8

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 20 2021 :  10:46:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great British steam action, Chops. I really liked those shorty passenger coaches.

Say, do you think the snake will make a re-appearance?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 22 2021 :  01:11:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yeah, just haven't decided when...Sort of a play on now we got past
CV now there are these new variants, like CV 4 Delta.

https://youtu.be/jer8PEpNSRY

Edited by - Chops124 on June 22 2021 12:33:41 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 22 2021 :  06:12:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Fun video Jeff.

Deserves a repeat performance.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 22 2021 :  9:08:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice Henley action.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 24 2021 :  11:51:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was in a quandry, as I liked the sound effects, but also liked this sound track, from the Russian
Folk group Octabo Yo, or something like that. Same video, different sound track.

I am really loving on this Hornby T9 and the fabulous Bachmann Duke Dog. So glad to see
Bachmann getting it right (I hope, so far, so great).

https://youtu.be/W0xxu5FyCbI

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 27 2021 :  1:59:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
'tis the summer of Henley for me, thus far. Spun some plastic, enjoying the great qualities of the
Rapido J 70, a tender drive Hornby, and the Dapol Rail Car.

https://youtu.be/SdQqYPq0Brg

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 27 2021 :  9:20:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Cool video, Chops. And it seems Nessie is still wreaking havoc in the town and on the tracks of Henley.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 28 2021 :  07:49:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
She never quits.

Worry Dolls: How to Use Them

https://youtu.be/ZkiDdPLm3Io

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 04 2021 :  9:17:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
More fun with Henley.

https://youtu.be/OCfw66Pt1Hk

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 05 2021 :  8:17:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The timing of the first "Walk like an Egyptian" in the song, is perfect as the Egyptian statue flatcar passes by the camera.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 09 2021 :  01:17:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
So pleased you caught that little tid-bit. I was editing up the video, and it found itself there by
happy accident.

My latest effort. It took a few hours to find and repair this tiny spot of track that kept making the Mallard
derail. It turned out to be this brass rail joiner from Atlas track that I had used. It was just a hair breadth too
tall, and not enough to dump any other rail item except the Mallard. Once I got it replaced, she ran perfectly
without even a shudder. Being a model railhead requires us to be part time detectives!

"Nessie's Worst Fear"

https://youtu.be/rpDzLoPMRIg

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 09 2021 :  9:39:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Isn't that true...

So, Nessie comes in all sizes.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 10 2021 :  12:39:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Lions

Taking a page from RP, I just shot this video with this piece from Dyer Straits. You'll not hear this
one on the radio, but it is both haunting and evocative.

https://youtu.be/6nKzNr8k-wc

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 10 2021 :  9:06:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Taking a page from Robert so I just shot this video with this piece from Dire Straits.
You will not hear this one on the radio but it is both haunting and evocative."

Originally posted by Chops124 on July 10 2021 at 12:39 pm.

Cool beat and another satisfying video Jeff. Repeat performance.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 11 2021 :  01:40:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Took the same page again. Sometimes its nice to run music that sets a
model rail mood. This rarely heard song from a group that was quite big in the 70s and 80's. The commentary upon the gallery scene is well worth consideration.

https://youtu.be/Kn07fPrVuC0

Edited by - Chops124 on July 11 2021 03:41:26 AM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - July 12 2021 :  12:03:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Nice vid Jeff! I love the soundtrack, Dire Straits is one of my all time favorite bands. Very 70s, very retro.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 12 2021 :  09:21:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great videos, Chops! Henley is quite detailed, with many unique scenes, and of course, Nessie.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 17 2021 :  01:22:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, RP. Stole a few hours to run some trains tonight. The timelessness of England allows me to
swap in and out by a century, or more, by simply removing the buses.

But some things never change:

https://youtu.be/Oi2EV1LsJ94

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 20 2021 :  12:49:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Some outtakes of Henley:

Under the dust cover- something that is mandatory for El Paso.

Track cleaning pads after a few times around the circuit.

Since a lot of England has changed a whole lot since 1829, removing internal combustion models
and having just external combustion models I can move the scene around. This is 1874.

Nessie about to eat a swan in the castle moat.

1875. Or 1829. Or 1975.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - July 20 2021 :  01:07:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Or even 2021! England truly is timeless.

Just preserving old buildings and ways of life go a long way. I've visited lots of Amish communities in Iowa and in some of them I honestly feel like it's 1850!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 20 2021 :  9:34:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Henley is such an awesome layout - it really captures the essence of Europe on one 4'x8' surface. All you need now, Chops, is Big Ben for Nessie to attack.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 12 2021 :  12:23:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, RP. I really enjoy your German layout, too. The way you film it makes it seem like it is huge, but
it is so small! I do love what can done on a micro layout. Interesting, too, that you branched off in a whole
new direction with Hidden Valley. Is there anything in particular that drew you towards German? (Certainly
the Gold Standard quality of German model trains would be a fine starting point).

Here's one of my faves from a while back. Rail Ambulance Service: Then and Now. Playing around
with the sound effects is a gas.

https://youtu.be/5Qk_OMfrgZw

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 12 2021 :  12:53:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A fun video using the Electrotren Ambulance Wagon. The Loch Ness Monster is terrorizing the
denizens of Henley.

https://youtu.be/xX-nrnUun0c

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 12 2021 :  01:30:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
My first video of British model trains, then called "Bamburg," later to changed to "Henley" when
I reworked the track plan from three mains down to two so as to better
accommodate long passenger coaches.

For a long time I contemplated installing DCC, but the high gearing of the older British
stuff just doesn't mate well with high tech DCC. So, to keep
things interesting, I experimented with diamond crossings. This allows
one or two operators to manage moving targets (the trains) while
trying to keep them from fouling each other.

As such, a peddler freight should yield to a passenger train, and so on.
Occasionally, I'd lose my place, and they would collide, but the large
buffer beams on the locomotives prevent damage, fortunately. I really,
really try to avoid that, but it does get away from me from time to time!

This system of running multiple trains in converging patterns worked out
so well, that I used it when I revised "Tycomania" into Armodilloville.

Bamburg Updates

https://youtu.be/pZfePF_tClQ

Edited by - Chops124 on August 12 2021 01:32:23 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 12 2021 :  08:52:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Fun videos as always. Thanks again for sharing them with us.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 13 2021 :  8:53:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank you, Chops! Actually, yes, my interest in German trains was all due to playing the Loco-Commotion train puzzle computer game when I was younger; the scenery and foreign-model trains always appealed to me, and it dawned on me one day to research what type of locomotives were used/depicted in the game. I then realized just how pricey international model trains can get, yet surprisingly, N-Scale German locomotives and train cars were cheaper than their HO-Scale counterparts. The Alpine Railway is a fun little layout, and a great way to take a break from my American locomotives.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: New house layout! Topic Next Topic: Bump: Bugging Out in Armodilloville  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000