Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 25 ]  [ Total: 25 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 Mantua 4-4-2 Atlantic Pennsylvania RR E2 class
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: best practices req: how to temporarily mount track Topic Next Topic: Mantua Shifter Restoration - With MustangsNtrains!  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 06 2019 :  06:44:26 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I have had this loco for a couple of years and it is new in the box still Vacuum sealed so no matter how you take a photo of it the light from someplace reflects off of the plastic film wrapping. I have another one that is repainted to give the basic this loco is going to the scrap yard look that some call either weathering or patena.
frank

* Here,s the old one and second the still new one.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 06 2019 :  4:14:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great pieces. Love the kerosene lamps.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 30 2020 :  4:37:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I will be receiving another Mantua 4-4-2 in a few days. It is basically the same loco but in 1996 Mantua released one with some brass details applied to a ready to run locomotive. It is a special one names the "Lindbergh Special". i dont have alot of catalogs and HOseeker has some I looked at and it seems to be a one year release. This is loco #460 . Here is a e-Bay photo of what i won there. I'll replace the photo when the loco arrives.
About the other loco E2 # 7002. This was another special loco. It was known for running the Pennsy Limited an average of 127 MPH on a 3 mile part of the run.
frank

here is the photo I mentioned.

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 30 2020 :  10:11:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Cool! I remember the real "Lindbergh Special" at the Pennsylvania Railroad museum, preserved inside in pristine condition. Such an awesome steamer.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 02 2020 :  8:22:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I am having a lot of trouble getting a good photo of my Lindberg Special. It seems to be painted a glossy black. The eBay photo is toned down to where the black get grayish. I haven't duplicated that yet as these photos will show.
frank

Here is as good as I can do with the display enclosure surrounding it.

Here is one out of the display. You can really see how black and glossy the paint is.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 02 2020 8:35:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 02 2020 :  9:20:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Gorgeous! I cant lie, if it was mine I'd probably paint those brass parts to match.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 03 2020 :  08:37:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a second more historic post on my PRR E2 #7002.

I hope I don't get boos for this next one. Mantua in 1990, maybe,(the date not the product) brought out 4-4-2 locomotives again. One was a midwestern road I think, it is seen in the Mantua catalogs in HOseeker. Another was the Pennsy E2 class 4-4-2 #7002. It is the Pennsy speeder that on June 11 1905 was assigned to be an engine change for the first run of the revived "Pennsylvania Special". It was late in arriving and after coupling up to the head end of the line of spankin' new consist of Pullmans set out on this second leg of the Chicago to New York run of this great train. The engineer's instruction was only to make up time, and that he did. That E2 Atlantic was flying. Lots of press were onboard and dignitaries of the Pennsylvania Railroad. Many knew what was happening and many stopwatches were used to record times between mileposts. There were many and in the hands of highly experienced Engineers, and writers who knew how to use them. The conductor was keeping his official time as instructed by the company in his log. With many speeds recorded in excess of 100 mph, one section was noted. It was the three-mile run from the AY tower mile-post to the Elida Ohio mile-post. Through these three miles, the train averaged 127.5 miles an hour. Speeds in excess of this had to be made to arrive at this average. This was the locomotive John Tyler's old model train company Mantua made for release to the model railroaders everywhere. It was seen in most catalogs through the 1990s.
At a past train show, I was lucky enough to pick up this model in its original box, still, vacuum-sealed as it is today. This explains the shaded look of the photo. It has been 5 or 6 years and I still haven't opened it yet. I guess I am waiting to find another one.

frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 03 2020 :  08:44:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is the other Mantua E2 #460 and its historic journey I wrote.

Mantua released another E2. This was E2 class #460 a noted loco assigned to a special train from Washington to New York. It was assigned to wait for the delivery of an unprocessed film of a newsreel taken at the Paris landing field of the landing of Charles Lindbergh after his first solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. The film arrived and was put on this train which immediately left for New York City. #460 was pulling a light consist of a baggage car, and a coach or two. The baggage car was set up as a dark room for the processing and copying of the film. A number of complete films were necessary to provide for the many theater locations, for the imidate showing of this newsreel of this historic event. Speed records were most likely broken to get these films out for distribution throughout the New York City area. As noted in history this method of using a high-speed train for this purpose beat all other means by over an hour.

frank

This catalog page is from" HOseeker's "online library site for Model railroad information.
A great, no the "BEST" place to visit when Looking for information on Vintage HO trains.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 03 2020 08:59:47 AM
  Previous Topic: best practices req: how to temporarily mount track Topic Next Topic: Mantua Shifter Restoration - With MustangsNtrains!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000