Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 Mantua to China
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: mantua 2-8-2 refurb Topic Next Topic: Missouri-Pacific Hopper . . .  

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - November 17 2016 :  9:25:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Hey Guys, I'm trying to figure out when Mantua moved production to China. I'm guessing sometime in the mid-90's. I'm wondering if you can tell by box color. It SEEMS that the 80's-90's blue boxes were made in US, and the newer boxes, dark red, came from China, but I can't be sure if any dark red boxes came from US production.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 17 2016 :  9:32:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
An interesting question. Also, do we have China to thank
for the phenomenon of "split gears?" Maybe our new
President will lure Mantua back to American shores...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - November 17 2016 :  10:32:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
That would be a good trick...actually I think 2001 was Mantua's last year. Model Power now produces Mantua Classics in China. However, I know that Mantua, while still an independent company in the 90's, did move production to China, at least for some items. I'm trying to figure when that was, and if the dark red boxes signify this at all.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 18 2016 :  10:02:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well just recently a model train plant went totally bankrupt in China!
Causing delays & problems for ALL train makers!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: mantua 2-8-2 refurb Topic Next Topic: Missouri-Pacific Hopper . . .  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000