Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Dresser-top Trolley Layout
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bump: Elbonian Blitz Topic Next Topic: Lehigh and Keystone Valley Model Club
Page: of 3

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - February 01 2017 :  1:18:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
That is a very nice little layout, just goes to show you don't need a large space for a nice railroad. Great model work by the way, love the scratch built movie theater! The catenary work is beautiful, I love the insulator detail on the wires.

Are you going to super detail this layout? Things you could add include:

Road signs
Parking Meters
Road Lines
Stop Lights
Man hole covers
Sewer Drains
Fire Hydrants
Street Lights
Trolley stop benches
Alley Cats
Trash Cans
Public Mail Boxes
Phone Booths

This was a very inspiring thread!!!

Proudly keeping Tyco Pluggers out of landfills since 2016
Edited by - Srenchin on February 01 2017 1:30:14 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 01 2017 :  5:24:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Need any more Trolleys Street Cars?

I have them
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 03 2017 :  12:27:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Srenchin, my focus so far as been the buildings, wire, and trolleys. I've sort of been working from large to small...if I can finish off the buildings and have the time then some smaller details will be going in. Your suggestions are good and I know that's what would really bring the layout to life!

quote:
thesiding Posted - February 01 2017 : 5:24:36 PM
Need any more Trolleys Street Cars?

I have them

thesiding, I may be interested, what kind of trolleys are you offering?

On a side note, do you remember that small lot of Walthers trolleys you sold on ebay last year? I'm the one who bought them. I haven't had a lot of time to work on them all, but one of them is now fully operation on overhead wire, painted, and awaiting detailing/decaling.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 03 2017 :  12:55:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Aw maaaan
I wants a Birney trolley too!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 03 2017 :  12:59:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Nice to know they went to a good home

I have Bachmann (boxed) some tyco/mantua unboxed

Got a Broadway online ebay now

Edited by - thesiding on February 03 2017 1:01:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 03 2017 :  1:40:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Unfortunately the Bachmann cars don't seem to handle curves smaller than 10" radius, which makes them unusable on my layout. I'll keep an eye on your ebay listings for the Tyco cars to see what goes up!

Buss, I only have the one running Birney, sorry!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - February 03 2017 :  1:46:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That's pretty fine Eric. What year(s) were those Walther's trolleys made?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 03 2017 :  3:35:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I looked that information up last year but now can't find it. The cars in the picture above are probably from the 60's (my best guess). Two of the cars are geared while one has a pulley system. I believe I can get two completed geared units out of the above lot and possibly restore a third body for use as an unpowered trailer. Hopefully that gets done in the next year.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 04 2017 :  10:53:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That really is a gem. I believe it takes a great deal of discipline
and creativity combined to focus on something in a very
confined space.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11202  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 04 2017 :  3:04:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
The small space is a challenge. I don't know if discipline is the right word in my case...it's taken me over two years just to get this far.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 04 2024 :  3:53:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"The trolley wire is live and a few other things have been done."

Originally posted by DaCheez on June 19 2016 

Cute little layout with nostalgic sidewalk memories.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5913  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 05 2024 :  2:32:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
It's fun for me to look back at these old layouts. I still have the board with track, but the overhead system would need a massive overhaul to function again. Most of the buildings have been repurposed on Queensdale.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 06 2024 :  02:43:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Aw maaaan
I wants a Birney trolley too!

Originally posted by microbusss - February 03 2017 :  12:55:24 PM

I admit last year for another $30 I could of got one with Ft Collins Railway on it & I should of just bought it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 06 2024 :  1:31:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
You'll get another chance Ben! They're not terribly rare.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 07 2024 :  1:17:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
You'll get another chance Ben! They're not terribly rare.

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 06 2024 :  1:31:59 PM

well it in FORT COLLINS RAILWAY is!
& I have rode the trolley too!

Course thats 1 reason I want the Birney from The Changling

I'd redo it as a long scrapped trolley & in one of the old schemes
sneak it over there, pose on the long disused passing track just to freak them out as the real one passes by hehe
then go around the city & pose it on the old tracks that still exist in the streets!

Edited by - microbusss on February 07 2024 1:20:28 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 08 2024 :  02:30:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I love a street car! The best EV of all time, tragically murdered by the
automobile.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11202  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Bump: Elbonian Blitz Topic Next Topic: Lehigh and Keystone Valley Model Club  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000