Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Tyco color schemes
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is your favorite model train that you own? Topic Next Topic: Who builds craftsmen kits?  

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 16 2014 :  12:30:33 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Poll Question:
Tyco offered quite a few color schemes on their locomotives that were never applied to a prototype. Which one do you think would be the best to apply to a real locomotive if the opportunity ever presented itself? For instance, The Bicentennial scheme was used by the SCL but only on one U-Boat and never on the Alco C-430. What if it could be applied to the real thing?

Choices:

Chattanooga Diesel
Durango Diesel
Midnight Special
Silver Streak
Golden Eagle
Chrome Milwaukee Road
Bicentennial Alco
Red and silver Illinois Central
A-Team
Comin Round the Mountain

(Anonymous Vote)

Edited by - metalsmith1 on May 25 2014 10:36:32 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 16 2014 :  12:39:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Durango I would put on a 3 foot narrow gauge diesel IF & when I win the Lottery & rebuild the track between Durango, CO & Chama, NM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 16 2014 :  06:15:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Well dang it...I hit the wrong button and it won't let me vote now

But by far I would vote for the Chrome Milwaukee Road.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 16 2014 :  08:11:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
Durango I would put on a 3 foot narrow gauge diesel IF & when I win the Lottery & rebuild the track between Durango, CO & Chama, NM

Originally posted by microbusss - May 16 2014 :  12:39:14 AM

I believe you have a better chance of getting hit with 4 jobs than hitting the lottery!

Jerry, I wonder what chrome shop would do the train parts ?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 16 2014 :  09:59:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I actually think the chrome Milwaukee Road scheme is the most realistic in the choices you gave. Something about it that makes it believable.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 16 2014 :  6:10:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

Jerry, I wonder what chrome shop would do the train parts ?

Originally posted by walt - May 16 2014 :  08:11:20 AM

The one Bus is going to start when he hits the lottery and is working 4 jobs?

I'm no expert on Milwaukee Road so the first time I saw the chrome Tyco scheme I thought wow that thing really WORKS, how did I ever miss it? Funny cause I normally don't care for the ultra-shiny chrome treatments. But I figure in real life *cough* that would actually represent a highly polished stainless steel finish. Sounds good to me!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 16 2014 :  6:55:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
guys I said IF I win the Lottery aka NOT gonna happen
I got better odds of being struck by lightning than winning
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 16 2014 :  7:48:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Your odds of getting struck by lightning 6 times, ,AND surviving , are greater than winning a large lottery.

The lottery is another gimmick that keeps poor people poor... Like Rent To Own and Title Pawn...

My Mother always told me where to go when I needed money... Work!!

LUCK, generally comes dressed in work clothes...

Edited by - walt on May 16 2014 8:02:07 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 17 2014 :  12:47:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
The only schemes I'd find interesting would be the vintage company livery on the Plymouth industrial switcher: RCA, Sylvania, Bell system, etc.

But if I won the lottery, I can promise you this is the last thing I would ever do with my money!

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on May 17 2014 01:07:25 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - May 20 2014 :  12:46:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
OP:

The A-Team, and the obvious first use would be the LA subway.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  03:05:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Looks like I underestimated the popularity of the Durango GP-20. I had one way back when that I repainted in to a Mopac scheme.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - May 26 2014 :  12:50:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I voted for the Rocky Mountain Line only because I briefly entertained the thought of creating a freelance railroad of the same name using the Tyco units, or at least the shells, as the motive power. They'd be easy to give unique road numbers since they have none, and I think the three-color paint job looks like one a prototype railroad would use, albeit without the "Comin' Round the Mountain" slogan emblazoned on the side!
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Edited by - gmoney on May 26 2014 12:50:59 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 26 2014 :  2:04:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
I love that idea, I really didn't realize what an attractive color scheme that was until I posted this and I always thought that the SD-24s were in a class by themselves with other Tyco motive power.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: What is your favorite model train that you own? Topic Next Topic: Who builds craftsmen kits?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000