Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Anyone recognize this car?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Anyone else ever noticed this? Topic Next Topic: Promotional CenterFlow hopper  

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - January 01 2012 :  12:05:39 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Does anyone recognize this car? The box says it's a "1860 Platform Car With Figures BS&DRR T318E:396" The car itself seems pure Tyco, but I'm struck with the load. It's all plastic and parts are painted. The box insert fits the box, and the two figures sit in front of the insert. I can't find any reference to it on line, and I dont have many old red box era catalogs.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator 

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - January 01 2012 :  12:23:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
It was from the "Iron Horse" set, which was based on a TV show from the 60s. I think the set came with a Rogers locomotive, two passenger cars and the gunfight car which you have.

I would imagine that it is pretty scarce!

Mark
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - January 03 2012 :  4:22:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
Wow, that's neat to see. I just found the car itself at a show a coupe months ago, but it was missing the load and figures. Is it a plastic load, and/or painted?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - January 07 2012 :  12:17:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
It is a plastic load. I should've taken a picture of the bottom. That "wood" brown-ish color is only on the outside. From the bottom it's just a clean tan plastic. I think the box and braces are one piece, but the figures are glued on. As you can see, it comes off easily as one piece. I bought this in the mid-80's at a LHS, but all this time I thought I was the original owner.

Lionel has a somewhat similar car to this, where a "cop" chases around a "hobo" in a gondola car. I wonder if the Lionel car was some of the inspiration behind this car?

Damion
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 10 2023 :  4:22:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Originally posted by newhudson on January 01 2012

Clint Eastwood's favorite Tyco item. Make my day.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Anyone else ever noticed this? Topic Next Topic: Promotional CenterFlow hopper  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000