Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 UNICORNS EXIST!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Spirit of 76 Cabeese - The suspense Topic Next Topic: Red Box C&O F9  

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - December 05 2010 :  5:05:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
I don't know how many times, under my previous pseudonym here, that I ended up railing and crabbing about Tyco's CP Rail cars. I mean, the 40' yellow one was nice and reasonably accurate, but the blue one...??

I mean, thanks to the internet I've looked and looked to see if somewhere, someday, there was a one-off or design study or even some other type of CP Rail freight that was blue, but nope! Nada! Never! Not that I've found at least. So why, Tyco, why?

I mean, at least they eventually did the green one:

Which is nice, even if not quite as so as the Bachmann version. But still, good variety. And I might have been content to let it end there and shut up, if THIS hadn't turned up:

WHAT THE? Is this a joke? Was there a red-white-and-blue Canadian Bicentennial I never heard about? Did someone in Tyco's paint department do a little too much acid one day? I mean really: They can do the orange, and the green... then come up with a "what if blue", and now this eyeball-sporking Ameri-nuck.... but they can't be bothered to do a RED one? The classic Red pacman car? Even just to complete this weird set..?!! Why those morons, I oughta...

...oughta...

...!!!!

Well, lookie here:

*ahem* oops, sorry. I guess I can finally shut up now. Blasted thing is rarer than hen's teeth, and instantly one of the most very prized items in my whole collection, but yes Virginia, there IS a Santa CP Rail.

I have plans to run a Technicolor consist at some point, but those will have to wait. I'm still over the moon on this for some stupid reason.

Edited by - spiderj76 on December 05 2010 8:34:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 05 2010 :  6:24:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
LOLOLOLOL. There's something very....uhhh...right looking about that car XD Nice find though. Just wait until the neon pink CP Rail boxcar pops up
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 05 2010 :  11:53:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
That was some amusing commentary, Tony. Now you have me wondering if they did one in plaid...
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 06 2010 :  06:00:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
While sorting thru my cars last night, I ran across the blue CP rail boxcar . I don't have much CP, so that one stuck out, after this post. I'd have never thought about it otherwise. I DO like the red/white/blue one, though. Would make a great patriotic consist item.

Jerry

Edit 5 minutes later - Oops, did you miss the yellow one?

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on December 06 2010 06:04:59 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - December 06 2010 :  10:01:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
AMC,

I think Tony's cars are plug door type which might make a difference. The style of car your showing would make a nice collection to get all those differnt road names for sure.

Spider,
Darn it. You got me interested in the trailer jet now I feel like I wan't to look for these CP variations :)

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on December 06 2010 10:03:27 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - December 06 2010 :  11:11:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Nice find Tony!
Ya know,I seen one of those red boxcars at the Timonium show earlier this year for $2.00,and passed on it because I didn't think it was genuine Tyco. DOH!!!!!!

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 06 2010 :  8:12:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Ya know,I seen one of those red boxcars at the Timonium show earlier this year for $2.00,and passed on it because I didn't think it was genuine Tyco. DOH!!!!!!

Carl T.

Originally posted by choochin3 - December 06 2010 :  11:11:00 AM

There's two train shows coming up locally in Virginia this coming weekend, one's a TCA sponsored event, but they have HO as well, and another at an Armory. I may look for this legendary rare red Tyco CP boxcar.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 25 2021 :  1:33:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice variants.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Spirit of 76 Cabeese - The suspense Topic Next Topic: Red Box C&O F9  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000