Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Tyco Piggyback Terminal
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Deal of the month Topic Next Topic: saw this tyco on ebay.  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 10 2010 :  5:54:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I managed to get this photo taken outside just minutes before a thunder storm.

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 10 2010 :  5:57:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Walt,
I think you need an intervention.

Carl t.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 10 2010 :  5:58:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi walt some people would say sad man but i say good on you,you obviously get pleasure which means someone in the future will ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - August 10 2010 :  7:02:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
nice collection!! Hope ya got them out of the rain!! Gona put them on the rails someday??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 10 2010 :  7:26:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice collection mam You ARE a sick man tho, Walt & I do want to "kill" you for 1 Tropicana set 1 Bubble Yum truck & the True Value set too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 10 2010 :  10:31:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Chooc, Don't know about the intervention, but I'm ready to patent an "invention". Hopefully it will buy me many more piggybacks!

Catfordken, Thanks ...

Steve, Thank You! Just beat the rain...The wind was blowing the display over to end the photo session. I do have plans drawn for a quite large layout to use these on.

MicroBen, Thanks, maybe I can hire you to put the piggybacks on Dumpster-Cam someday!

Walt

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 10 2010 :  10:37:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
naah I'll do up mine later But you need the Piggyback Loader/unloader one tho & so do I I want the NEWER one tho not the forklift one
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - August 10 2010 :  10:46:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
Nice Walt!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 201  ~  Member Since: March 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 10 2010 :  10:58:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You!, JohnnyKane

Microbusss, I never cared too much for the Piggyback loader or the similar working accesories. As a kid I thought they were corny. I now respect them as part of the Tyco family and I may someday buy them to dispaly in the train room, but off of the layout

Walt

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 10 2010 :  11:24:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh most everything about Tyco was corny Also the motors were crummy too But everyone in here has been redoing them anyway
Corny = your truck & trailer set Any billboard cars Some of the accesories Such as the gold & gravel wich used costume jewerly for the loads Also the themed fictious sets

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - August 11 2010 :  12:40:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I was the same way. I thought a lot of things were cheesy. I think it's because model railroad magazines push the "realism" side of things too much.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 11 2010 :  05:16:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
oh most everything about Tyco was corny Also the motors were crummy too But everyone in here has been redoing them anyway
Corny = your truck & trailer set Any billboard cars Some of the accesories Such as the gold & gravel wich used costume jewerly for the loads Also the themed fictious sets

Well Ben, I have to say I disagree. First of all these are, toy trains. I don't think "corny" is the word that discribes our hobby here in general (most everything). IF Tyco was "corny", I wouldn't have any desire to buy it. For a Billboard car to be maybe a little unrealistic yes, but not to the point of being corny. It's not impossible for a boxcar to be painted or decorated with a billboard and I'm sure somewhere along the line one has been. Some real semi trailers are billboards so the idea can't really be considered "corny" as it is still being used today. As for the piggybacks, they are decent looking trailers using the older Dodge 600 & the newer trucks pulling them. Can't see any corn with them...

I have never picked up a Tyco train car and laughed because I thought it was soo unrealistic or out of reach, that it was corny (laughable). The thought of Tyco being corny in general has never crossed my mind.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Walt

Edited by - walt on August 15 2010 02:06:01 AM

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 11 2010 :  07:40:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Well Ben, I have to say I disagree. First of all these are, toy trains. IF Tyco was "corny", I wouldn't have any desire to buy it. ... The thought of Tyco being corny in general has never crossed my mind.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Originally posted by walt - August 11 2010 :  05:16:52 AM

I think in general, this era of toy trains (back then) was competing with Hotwheels / Johnny Lightning and slot cars, so they tried to make it more "exciting" for kids. Witness the Tyco Turbo train with jump ramp - HIGHLY realistic operation! A jumping train? Sheesh! But, it was fun, and I have bought some of those, never used them yet....anyway. Yes, they got away from realism for more action, but it was market mentality, gotta do what you gotta do to survive. If trains get sillier in operations to make them more fun, and consequently sell more, then it's gonna happen, and it did. They don't call'em "toy trains" for nothin' ! They still had their normal trains as well. Nothing wrong with appreciating both sides of the hobby. Some don't like it, so don't collect it. Others ( like us ), can appreciate it. I intend to DCC a Turbo Train and take it to our club layout someday for a high-speed exhibition. LOL.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 11 2010 :  10:25:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
true guys We LOVES Tyco stuff anyway
oh & AMC? STILL gotta find box for ALL that TT track you wants
still gotta find more of that "gold" costume jewerly for the Gold Loader

Edited by - microbusss on August 11 2010 10:35:13 AM

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 11 2010 :  7:45:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
[quote

Originally posted by microbusss - August 11 2010 :  10:25:41 AM

[/quote]

No problemo, Micro. Just don't take 'til christmas to send it!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 15 2010 :  02:58:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:

Maybe there's a dumpster close by that you can find a shipping box in...

Walt

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 15 2010 :  08:54:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Maybe there's a dumpster close by that you can find a shipping box in...

hehe naah a friend has a few as he is in security cams

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - August 15 2010 :  09:40:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
Seeing as the TYCO sets were intended for children- I think some "realism" when it came to accessories was traded for "fun".

Regardless- if they are detailed out... they still look good.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 201  ~  Member Since: March 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 15 2010 :  10:10:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
For the LOVE OF GAWD, GET THESE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID!!!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 15 2010 :  1:33:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I have recently noticed that some are listing these piggybacks on ebay with high starting bids now!

Ebay is becoming a greed driven auction site. NOT ebay's fault though, it's the people... What ever happened to BIDDING on an auction to raise the price??

Maybe they figure someone with a piggyback addiction will buy them!!

Walt

Edited by - walt on August 15 2010 4:52:35 PM

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 15 2010 :  1:36:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
That's OK cause obviusly there is NO SUCH ADDICTION!!!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 15 2010 :  9:50:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
That's OK cause obviusly there is NO SUCH ADDICTION!!!

Now that's funny!!!

Walt

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 18 2010 :  8:28:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ok here's mine Well most of them

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 18 2010 :  11:12:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thanks, Micro-Ben! I'll take 'em!!! Put 'em in a box and send them to me
Walt

spshasta
Switcher

AHMLogoAvatar

Posted - August 19 2010 :  01:26:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spshasta to Buddylist

Man!!
That's a great collection of Tyco piggyback terminal vehicles & rolling stock you guy's got there.
Many of us 1/87 rr modelers are also members of the 1/87vehicle club so a collection like this would be most admired by many i feel.
Myself; I've only recently discovered (now after 38 yrs in the hobby), how hard it is to find the Tyco Kenworth truck to use as the basis of a serious kitbash.
Any of you guy's want to sell any of those KW trucks.
Nah Keep your collections intact. They're probably already collectors items.
Thanks.
Pete H.
Australia

Many Thanks.
Best Regards.
Pete H.
Australia
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 6  ~  Member Since: July 14 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 25 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 19 2010 :  01:55:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
always lots of the Dodges & Kenworths on Ebay

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - August 19 2010 :  07:29:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
quote:
I've only recently discovered (now after 38 yrs in the hobby), how hard it is to find the Tyco Kenworth truck to use as the basis of a serious kitbash.

Pete- I've found the TYCO "el cheapo" piggy backs can be a great kitbash.

/tyco/forum/uploaded/JohnnyKane/IMG_6117.jpg

If I had the time, I'd do more customs- maybe not any more US1 customs- just regular trailers. Like a set of white trailers with only the words TYCO on them... old school Consolidate Freight and/or Carolina.

If anyone has a set for less than $10 I'll buy them. Can be faded, etc- just not scratched, melted, warped, or broken.

Footage of the doubles- kinda dark... taken at night.
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Johnny-s_Shark/misc/?action=view¤t=MVI_6138.mp4
/tyco/forum/uploaded/JohnnyKane/th_MVI_6138.jpg

Edited by - JohnnyKane on August 19 2010 07:31:10 AM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 19 2010 :  1:28:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, spshasta - Pete

Nice work Johnnykane!

Walt

Previous Topic: Deal of the month Topic Next Topic: saw this tyco on ebay.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000