Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Childish Photos, Do you have one?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hello from Central Wisconsin Topic Next Topic: Hello from North Florida  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 24 2010 :  02:48:25 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Not a new member here but I thought I would post a photo on here so everyone will know who Walt is.. Photo is dated on the back in my late mothers hand writting, "1974 Walt the hot rod kid"

I'm holding a trophy won at the annual Model Contest held by our Kressge store. This was my prime era in my Tyco layout of the 70s! I had two or three nice photos of my 70s layout, but those photos was lost in the late 80s.

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...

Edited by - walt on April 25 2010 02:00:56 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 25 2010 :  12:49:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Neat thread idea!

This is right after my trains got set up on the bar in the basement. It would be from very early 2001...January probably. I was 8. Not really that long ago...

That's the same set from my SotW BTW.

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 25 2010 :  11:19:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice photo Cheez!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 25 2010 :  2:24:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Hey, that's some good stuff on that bed! The Badman '55 Chevy, among others. :) Here's a photo of me about 14 years of age ( around 1974), with a circle of track and my first HO train consist ( I still have them stored away somewhere, but the engine burned up ):

I never had room to set up a permanent layout at my house, so it was always The Floor for my railroad empire. I never had switches, either, just a single line of track. Ah well. Still have good memories of operating my Lionel, then HO trains, as I grew up.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 19 2020 :  2:24:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Me and my first train set from December 25 1966.

Lionel starter set with the milk man car. My grandma got me into trains. Many thanks.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 19 2020 :  4:56:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I have one of me with my first HO scale train around the tree. I had that train which was only allowed out at Christmas time, then my dad sold it and I had some old 70's lionel for a spell. I then went back to HO about 2 years after when the O was sold. My first real model trains were a Lionel HO GS4 daylight, A Tyco Transformers Plymouth, a Tyco Rock Island C430, and the Bachmann John Bull.

Only the GS4 ran, which soon suffered from cracked axle - itis! I ended up getting a Bachmann GS4 for free from the very nice man who tried to repair it. It has been 8 or so years and it has not ran since. My neighbor has a 3D printer. I was talking to him about possibly trying to 3D print the broken gear. It would be lovely to have it run again.

The John Bull did not run at first but once I learned the tricks of the trade I got it working, It runs to this day but with a bent axle.

The Transformers loco never ran and still hasn't turned a wheel. I am still trying to fix it. There were so many things wrong with it!

The C430 ran and still does, now better than ever, however itlies silent, and stripped of it's former Rock Island heritage.

I will try and locate the image, I do know my dad has some of him with his Lionel set although he never got into trains. He still teases me that his was better because "It came with blue cows!"

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 19 2020 :  6:52:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Me at Palisades Amusement Park in July 1969.

Park closed in 1971. Was located near Fort Lee New Jersey.
Even back then I practiced proper social distance measures.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 19 2020 :  9:30:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Me at Palisades Amusement Park in July 1969.

Park closed in 1971. Was located near Fort Lee New Jersey.
Even back then I practiced proper social distance measures.

Originally posted by wks - June 19 2020 :  6:52:20 PM

will live on in song https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisades_Park_(Freddy_Cannon_song)

what's there now? A apartment complex!
but there is a plaque commemorating the park
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 22 2020 :  6:54:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Found it!

Smol Alex, circa 2009. Me and my model power 0-4-0.

I really want to own this loco again, that would be awesome! There are a few pictures of me with it, but none have a good view to make out what RR the loco is lettered for. The caboose is a CN caboose, so I'm assuming the loco is too.

Therefore, this should be it:

I remeber, I used to call him "Little Pug"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 22 2020 :  8:00:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice photo Alex! You said you would like to own that loco again. That’s what my whole layout consist of the things I had when I was a teen and the other pieces that I wished I could’ve had as a teen. I dont have the wants to buy every piece of rolling stock. I have everything i need in rolling stock and buildings... 🙃
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 22 2020 :  9:08:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Nice photo Alex! You said you would like to own that loco again. That’s what my whole layout consist of the things I had when I was a teen and the other pieces that I wished I could’ve had as a teen. I dont have the wants to buy every piece of rolling stock. I have everything i need in rolling stock and buildings... 🙃

Originally posted by walt - June 22 2020 :  8:00:06 PM

"I dont have the wants to buy every piece of rolling stock"

Busss begs to differ!
Yeah, you have quite the collection! And a very cool one at that. Maybe my friend Brian has the loco I am looking for. I know it isnt worth $40 on ebay!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 22 2020 :  10:10:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Funny, Alex! I was thinking of the Busss when I was writing that!!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 06 2020 :  10:22:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
This is a great "then" thread idea - nice pics, guys! Say...how about a "now" thread, of photos of us, now, with our train collections/layouts??

Here's yours truly, at the Strasburg Railroad, when Thomas the Tank Engine visited in 2005. I was only 3.5.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on July 06 2020 10:25:11 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 20 2020 :  1:37:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I am sure some of us were in the Cub Scouts and or Boy Scouts.

1971 or 1972 I believe.

Uniform is gone but the emblems remain. Great memories.

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 20 2020 :  8:34:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i was a boy scout cub in this photo,about 1954/5,ken

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on July 20 2020 8:37:32 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - August 28 2020 :  7:32:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
here is 4 year old me in summer of 2010 standing next to a locomotive my ears were covered because of the loudness of the locomotive

here is a picture of 5 year old me and my then 8 year old sister Ava on christmas of 2011 opening a new thomas the tank engine toy train set
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 28 2020 :  8:23:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Ah, trackmaster. Fond memories. I gave mine plenty of "Thomas love!" I recently sold a bunch for around 90 bucks, but I kept some of my favorites. I plan to restore them someday.

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - August 28 2020 :  8:27:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
Ah, trackmaster. Fond memories. I gave mine plenty of "Thomas love!" I recently sold a bunch for around 90 bucks, but I kept some of my favorites. I plan to restore them someday.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 28 2020 :  8:23:51 PM

yes I have kept most of mine and given some away to friends I got rid of almost all of the sets exept for my tomy giant set and my cranky the crane set
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 29 2020 :  01:33:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great photos. TBH, I have much the same motivation as
Walt, and it has been a lot of enjoyment.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - December 18 2021 :  10:06:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
This is me in 1961 playing in the sand in front of a cable car at the San Francisco Zoo. I wasn't much interested in railroads at the time as I was more fascinated by sand. That would change when I was about 3 years old and my dad bought his first train set.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 19 2021 :  12:25:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is so cool. Yeah, sand is fun. "Men do not quit playing because they grow old—they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 20 2021 :  11:21:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
This is me in 1961 playing in the sand in front of a cable car at the San Francisco Zoo. I wasn't much interested in railroads at the time as I was more fascinated by sand. That would change when I was about 3 years old and my dad bought his first train set.

Originally posted by Redwoods - December 18 2021 :  10:06:21 PM

Such a neat photo, Redwoods!!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 22 2021 :  08:50:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Redwoods - December 18 2021 :  10:06:21 PM

Such a neat photo, Redwoods!!

Originally posted by walt - December 20 2021 :  11:21:24 PM

I agree & wonder where that cable car is now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hello from Central Wisconsin Topic Next Topic: Hello from North Florida  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000