Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 1980 LifeLike Catalog layout
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I Wish....this was mine but a friend sent me this Topic Next Topic: Ephrata Valley RR EMD Diesel Action - Vol. 2  

x2f
Switcher

TycoLogoAvatar-1

Posted - March 19 2010 :  8:55:22 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add x2f to Buddylist
Does anyone know where there is a picture online of the whole layout on the cover of the 1980 Lifelike catalgue. I am completly redoing my 4X6 layout and really like the look of that layout.
X2F
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 60  ~  Member Since: June 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: November 11 2011 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 20 2010 :  12:51:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Not sure where you would find that in a detailed photo but I am certain of this; I have never seen such a horrible version of the Equitable Trust Bank than on that catalog! Who built that one, Martha Stewart??
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

x2f
Switcher

TycoLogoAvatar-1

Posted - March 20 2010 :  11:50:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add x2f to Buddylist
I agree. They went a little heavy on the lichen. And that stone work on the front. When I got my first HO trains in the mid 70s the buildings were Tyco(pola) or Heljan. I thought the LL buildings were cheesey looking at the store. But in the early eighties a couple friends of mine built layouts almost exclusivly with LL structurs. In person I thought they looked great unpainted compaired to the unpainted Heljan and Pola I was used too. I paint or at least weather all my buildings now but I still like the life like
X2F
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 60  ~  Member Since: June 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: November 11 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 21 2010 :  12:30:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey x2f ! I like the Lifelike buildings as well though I have many of Tyco's building kits too. In the early 70s as a kid, the LL kits were about the easiest kits for me to find. I can still see the displays at Woolworth with tons of LifeLike everything & many AHM train cars. Our tyco dealer had to order just about everything. I had several Tyco train cars but no Tyco buildings back then.
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...

Edited by - walt on March 21 2010 12:31:56 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - March 21 2010 :  3:15:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
I'm sure you've seen the catalog many times, but here it is for those who haven't:

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 23 2022 :  10:20:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Brings back memories.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: I Wish....this was mine but a friend sent me this Topic Next Topic: Ephrata Valley RR EMD Diesel Action - Vol. 2  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000