Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 mcdonalds restaurant
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Rolling Thunder Topic Next Topic: Fresh Cherries  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 08 2010 :  06:32:03 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
a new kit by vollmer,who also do a burger king,ken
http://vollmer-online.de/en/novelties/index.html

Edited by - catfordken on March 08 2010 07:35:01 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 08 2010 :  09:52:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well its about time jeez As the Life-Like one goes for $100 or more
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - March 23 2010 :  7:58:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
I saw a pre-production of the Vollmer McDonalds, it's a good kit. (I did see the actual building in Stuttgart - the kit is pretty close.) Most Vollmer kits are. I have the Vollmer Burger King and that is was an excellent kit. You can bet the McD's will be a $70+ kit though. :^) So, it'll be a little cheaper than Life-Like's rare kit, but still a good chunk of change. At least Vollmer contributes to the RonaldMcDonald Children Foundation (in Germany) - which allows them to make the model. And unlike the Life-Like kit - you'll get all the parts, unwarped, and they'll all fit together like they're supposed to. :^) I'll ask for it for Christmas.

I'm with microbusss - it's about time. Lionel has had McD's buildings (even animated ones) for years in O Scale from MTH.

When Vollmer finally makes it available, I probably should make a mold of my Life-Like McDonald's sign and make castings to sell on eBay as a "Vollmer HO McDonalds American Conversion Kit." :^)

I like caffeine and a chainsaw ...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 141  ~  Member Since: January 06 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 23 2010 :  9:58:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I am glad to see that Vollmer is doing a modern day McDonalds too. I like the V Burger King kit but the McDonalds kit I'm not sure if I like the looks of it.

As for my layout going to be just a tribute to all the old Tyco & Life-Like, I will be happy with my Tyco Burger King & the Life-Like McDonalds...

Happy for those who want a McDonalds kit, soon they will have one!

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

HOScale Model Railroader
Little Six

GG1 Rules

Posted - March 24 2010 :  01:41:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add HOScale Model Railroader to Buddylist
The issue with Vollmer is ... they're the European market. Like Faller - except Faller went one step further and too narrowly focused on southern Germany. The "V" McD kit is accurate for current period Europe. I've seen a lot of US McDonalds now that are the 2006 Forever Young building design that doesn't even look like the ubiquitous 1970s red roof McDonalds or the original Arch McDonalds.

But if someone has been wanting a McDonalds in HO ... they're coming. Maybe the flood of these Vollmer kits will curb the prices on the Life-Like kits. Heh heh heh. From $225 (I think that's what the last sealed one on *Bay went for) to ... $224? :^)

I like caffeine and a chainsaw ...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 141  ~  Member Since: January 06 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 30 2021 :  09:29:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
https://www.micromacromundo.com/Vollmer_43634_H0_McDonalds_with_McDrive?gclid=CjwKCAjw2vOLBhBPEiwAjEeK9ulkkepFl0EEL_von1qA-FLmaDZtFtv_GHp-gTTc6zQDpmg1kIwu-BoCIkgQAvD_BwE

1-305-279-8033

May have some left for those interested. Call first.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 30 2021 :  09:31:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photo of the restaurant.

Other internet sites may have this on sale as well.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 30 2021 :  09:39:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Then there are those who want to build the newer versions.

Previous Topic: Rolling Thunder Topic Next Topic: Fresh Cherries  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000