Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Some Kitbashed items (Moved from other forum)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO GP20 superdetailing Topic Next Topic: Dr. Frankenstein''s Athearn  

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - January 29 2010 :  12:45:38 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Per Tony's wishes I'm not going to devulge into why he backed out as contest head. I consider Tony a good friend for helping me out in the past with dumb questions AND for even getting this contest started in the first place!

That said, alot of us have projects under way already. And I know there was some debate as to needing more time. But with the contest off thats a bit of a null point. So come hell or high water I'm going to show whatever progress I have on February 7th in this thread and update it as I go I would hope the rest of you who were in the contest (done or not) would join me in giving a preview or debut of your new Tyco creation. And even those who were not in the contest (Ray, Tony, Shay, etc) if you have something we haven't seen before (thats Tyco related and no longer stock) throw it into the mix! No judging or anything fancy, just a single thread to show what we have been up to and that we can update as we go.

Personally on the 7th I should have my rolling stock entry ready to go. The locomotive is progressing slowly, but I'll post its updates here as it moves along. Hopefully you guys who were in the contest don't bail and join me on the 7th
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 29 2010 :  1:19:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Chris & everyone:

I suggest you post anything you have done when you have it done through the year. Even if it's complete and you didn't enter it in the original contest; say Shaygetz and his Durango GP20 for example. At the end of the year we can vote on any Tyco based model in the thread.... anyway thats what I suggest...

My ears are open, what do you suggest?

Sincerly,
Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Edited by - romcat on January 29 2010 4:00:08 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - January 29 2010 :  1:41:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Thanks Gareth, on the 7th I expect this to be the thread to watch!

Whats nice was just for my personal benefit I was talking photos of my projects most every step of the way. It wasn't really required of the contest to show before hand photos. But when the time comes I'll post them all in sequence to show how things came together.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 29 2010 :  1:47:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Chris has an excellent idea.

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on January 29 2010 2:24:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 29 2010 :  2:57:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
My problem is I don't know "jack" about my digital camera. It's an S1 Canon that Tony suggested as a good learner camera. Excellent to learn photography on way beyond point and shoot. I just haven't gotten to it. Too many balls in the air, and yes that was a double `entendre!

I think photo's will certainly help people understand what you did on your kitbash...

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - January 29 2010 :  3:35:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Quick and dirty camera lesson 101.

#1 - Lighting - Lots of it. Bring extra lights in if you need to. Open a blind on a window somwhere else in the room. Whatever you can do to bounce around more light. While I haven't done this yet and its not really a good time of year for it. But if you can drag your model outside in the broad daylight go for it! You don't need to shine light directly onto the model, that can possibly cause glare. Point the lights at the ceiling, nearby walls, etc. Camera will have a much easier time trying to focus.

#2 - Macro mode - Most newer cameras have this. Is a little flower icon located somewhere on your camera. Before taking the shot, turn on the Macro mode, and give the camera a second to focus before taking your shot. Macro lets you go REALLY close in on your model without loosing focus. Digital shots are free so play around with it, you'll love it when you figure it out
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - January 30 2010 :  11:49:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Lighting is definitely the most important lesson. Natural light beats a flash anytime.

As for the contest, I was struggling to get finished. I didn't expect everyone to wait on me. I had considered "withdrawing" or "backing out" from the contest, but now that it's over it doesn't matter. However, I will take this opportunity to say that I probably won't have much by Feb. 7th. I've just got too much to deal with this time of year.

For those who don't know, I'm a teacher. This is a very, very busy time of year for us. Add to that weather issues, and I just don't get a lot of things done right now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 31 2010 :  08:20:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
B77:

And now there will be no pressure! take care of the Wee`uns (your students) and then your models...

Cheers,
Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - February 07 2010 :  5:11:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!! (trying to play a little off the superbowl here bear with me while I get it out of my system). So I said I would debut my project, or at least show SOMETHING. Since I've spent the past week sealing a wall in my garage, and almost 2 feet of snow occupying my weekend with shoveling, I haven't had as much time to work on the model as I would have liked. Since the deadline is off though I've been changing things since I have the time to do that anyways. So at the very least, I can show what I started with.

Yup...that. It was in a box of old HO stuff a friend donated to me. I'm willing to let alot of Tyco's oddball stuff slide. But this thing has been sitting in the top of the box of stuff just gleeming away in its chrome glory. I studied how it was built, notice the 'tank' section is only the top 3/4 of the whole thing. The bottom part of the tank is covered by the chassis, so that limits you because how they are ment to fit together if you want them to look right...

...almost limited Over the next few days I'll debut a few more pics at a time showing what happened till I can get the final project finished up.

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - February 07 2010 :  8:38:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist

TYCO C430. As far as I know, no model manufacturer offers a C430 with this roadname.
MicroScale decals. Atlas dynamic brake hatch. I've got Tiger Valley HI-Ad sideframes to go on the trucks. The yellow stripes are individual decals; they were difficult for me to keep in a straight line and parallel to each other. Overall it is Semi-gloss black with a flat black dusting on the top for a little weathering. SCL was an original purchaser of the C430. SCL used to run through town here, I think they were 628s that I saw.

Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 08 2010 :  10:20:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Great, prototypical. I'll be interested to see it with the trucks on.
Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on February 08 2010 10:21:24 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 08 2010 :  10:32:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
Hey NC,

Any chance you've got a spare set of those Hi-Ad sideframes? I'd like to cast some of those for my projects!! Maybe I could even come up with a way to make them into 3-axle version for the C-630s.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - February 08 2010 :  12:35:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
I have just one set. They were not that expensive. I think it was $2.50 a pair??? The TV sideframes are scale accurate. The journal spacing is slightly different than a TYCO MU-2 truck.
Try calling Tiger Valley, its the only way to do business with him, no website.
315-548-9021
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Defunct RR
Switcher

NYSW

Posted - February 08 2010 :  5:52:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Defunct RR to Buddylist

Last year I saw this in "O" gauge at a train show, so I knew I had to made one in "HO" for my layout. I used a Tyco Santa Fe engine , woodland welders & accessories, a blue flashing light. The switch to turn it on/off is the chimmey of the building. This is very easy to make have fun mading your own.

Bob

Edited by - Defunct RR on February 08 2010 7:32:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 46  ~  Member Since: July 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 08 2010 :  6:04:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
darn you ChrisC If I'd know you had that STP car I'd of bought it from you Anyway looking good guys
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

graftonterminalrr
Little Six

Calvin

Posted - February 10 2010 :  1:46:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add graftonterminalrr to Buddylist
Starting point:

Ending point - GTER 2-6-0. I'm about halfway done.

Kris Carver-Seaboyer

Modelling the Grafton Terminal Railway, set in New Brunswick, Canada in the 1978-1984 time frame
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 28 2009  ~  Last Visit: February 25 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - February 11 2010 :  12:50:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
I've been slacking a little, though I'm making good headway with the details this week. Anywho, lets go back about a month.

Mounts for the previous handrail are gone. Brakewheel mount is gone, but it hasn't seen the last of this tanker. Bought some styrene (about damn time) from the local hobby shop. The inside of the tank has two flat areas down each side. So I made tabs out of the styrene that would allow the ends to rejoin the main section of the tank. This was the last shot of the lower chassis intact.

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - February 11 2010 :  09:41:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
I like it.

How did you remove the chrome paint?

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - February 11 2010 :  10:46:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Sorry I forgot to mention that part! I've had pretty good luck using Pine Sol with 25% or so of water being added in. The water is just to dilute it a little in case it proves to much from some plastics to handle. So far I've never had any issues with it. What was odd was the inside of the tanker was coated with something also.

BTW NC I really liked your C430. When you first posted it I thought that was the way it came and you were just showing what you started with haha.

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - February 11 2010 :  12:34:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
Thanks. It started out as a Silver Streak. (There is a Silver Streak collector on this forum who probably just went "gasp"). I used a cabinet style bead blaster, set on low pressure to remove the chrome paint.

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - February 23 2010 :  10:47:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
I'm still working on it, swear to God haha.

Press fit together of all the pieces. No glue (aside from the styrene tabs) or puddy yet. More sanding has taken place. The trucks came off a flood light caboose, which I swapped in black metal wheels (cool part was they went right in unlike standard Tyco trucks). On side will be a kaydee coupler and the other a hook horn. Since this will usually serve as a water tender, it will make a nice transfer car between engines & rolling stock that have different couplers.

architrains
Switcher

Super Chief Wreck

Posted - March 06 2010 :  12:34:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add architrains to Buddylist
That tank car looks really good! Makes me want to try it, if I find a junker somewhere. I have a lack of cars that make sense as coupler transitions. (Of course now I have British and European couplers to transition to as well......how many different transition cars would that be if I made them all interoperable? *starts counting*)

Your car reminds me of a pic in one of my old magazines of a whole freight train made of "shorty" cars like that, but all riding on ONE truck. It had a shortened hustler as the loco, too.

--Rio Grande--Thru the Rockies
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 89  ~  Member Since: November 20 2008  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 06 2010 :  2:06:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
That "Shortened Hustler" would be what a two wheeler!?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 22 2010 :  5:24:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A little kit bash. Not a tyco. No Tyco parts. Proably doesn't belong here.
I had acquired a pair of 0-6-0ts from a friend. They are English inside connected 0-6-0ts. The road name is LNER. The" London North Eastern Railway", I think. The kitbash came about because of the ability of using one of them which was a parts loco, and a attempt to bring it back to life. The geared drive axle was ok. The two idler axles each had problems. Breaking them down from their 3 parts apiece I was able to make 1 good axle. The motor once it was cleaned up did run so why waste a engine. Different spacing between the axels, and the fact that the side rod connecting the center axel to the front axle was bent, made a conversion to a 4-4-0 a natural. I have a 4 wheel Rivarossi front pilot truck from a Genoa American. it looks like I have the makins of a 4-4-0 side tanker.
Now to put it together. Once I cut away the front part of the split frames, I lose a supporting spacing piece, which also is used to hold on the bottom plate. I have to replace it. I put in a additional insulating spacer between the frames, cut the bottom plate to match the new length of the driver section. I did some things to insulate the split frames from the new front pilot truck. Drilled and taped a new plate retention screw location. Put it all together, lubed it and it goes. The kitbashing is done. Like with any running locomotive, I am always tweaking the drive to make it better. these split frame drives have enough engineered built in problems that the tweaking is a ongoing thing. It will become a loco to be repainted or just relettered in the future.
frank Toptrain

The two locos I aquired

The 0-6-0t apart before any changes. The cut lines for the frame are shown.

The finished locomotive

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 22 2010 5:35:21 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 22 2010 :  5:37:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
nice one frank,fill in the front ponys with green paint will look great,the lner called 4-4-0s,american,for some reason ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 22 2010 :  6:44:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Kris:

Is that 0-6-0 you're working on,a Tyco, Mantua, or Roundhouse?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 22 2010 :  7:14:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
xxx
toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 03 2010 09:07:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 23 2010 :  04:30:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Nice work, Frank. British steamers look like they are a lot easier to work on, with no main rod, crosshead, or valve gear in the way.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 23 2010 :  07:31:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Nice work, Frank. British steamers look like they are a lot easier to work on, with no main rod, crosshead, or valve gear in the way.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - May 23 2010 :  04:30:36 AM

Good morning Nelson. Yes this one was. Most of them also have valve gear. The hardest thing I had to do was reinsulate and resupport the split frame. I wasn't lookin to redecorate it. Maybe I change the number.
Here it is a 4-4-0t same paint LNER

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 31 2010 4:09:28 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 28 2010 :  07:27:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I wasn't lookin to redecorate it. Maybe I change the number.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 23 2010 :  07:31:50 AM

[/quote]

Well that didn't happen. I have striped them. The kitbash goes on. I am repainting both mainline bodies and my Jouef pacific.

toptrain

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:26:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
looking good there mate, ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 31 2010 :  4:06:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is the 4-4-0t today.

toptrain

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - May 31 2010 :  4:26:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
S`nice work Frank!

Is that you that has the folders on the Vintage forum ounder Toptrains?

Was perusing it earlier...

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 31 2010 :  5:42:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
S`nice work Frank!

Is that you that has the folders on the Vintage forum ounder Toptrains?

Was perusing it earlier...

-Gareth

Originally posted by romcat - May 31 2010 :  4:26:36 PM

Yes Gareth it is me. Still more to do with those locos.
frank

toptrain

graftonterminalrr
Little Six

Calvin

Posted - June 02 2010 :  10:23:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add graftonterminalrr to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Kris:

Is that 0-6-0 you're working on,a Tyco, Mantua, or Roundhouse?

-Gareth

Originally posted by romcat - May 22 2010 :  6:44:50 PM

It's a modified Tyco "Big Six", and I only found that out by virtue of the way the frame casting was molded. A Mantua engine has replaceable brass bearings that fit into the frame; a Tyco does not - the axles contact the frame directly with no bearings.

It means that come overhaul time, I'll have to replace the frame rather than the bearings. Fortunately, even though this loco has seen enough running to wear the plating right off the driver tires where they contact the rail, the frame is in great shape with minimal contact wear from the axles.

Due to a variety of reasons, it's currently on the back burner.

Kris Carver-Seaboyer

Modelling the Grafton Terminal Railway, set in New Brunswick, Canada in the 1978-1984 time frame
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 28 2009  ~  Last Visit: February 25 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 03 2010 :  09:05:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Pennsylvania Western Railway 4-4-0t #34, X LNER 0-6-0t .
I must consider this model not complete yet for the lack of a headlight. being a tank type locomotive a rear mounted head light is also needed. further photos coming.
This kitbash was aimed at making a 4-4-0t from a 0-6-0t. This gives me a small passenger locomotive 4-4-0, instead of a freight type 0-6-0. A 4 wheel lead truck provides the better tracking for a higher speed operation needed for passenger service.
I have cut away a section of the drive frame to make space for the new lead 4 wheel truck. Installed a new steam dome and whistle. Replaced the water fill hatches and pressure relief valves on the side water tanks. Added a bell because the English used only whistles. And gave it the new paint scheme of our, Ken and my, PGW railroad. Keeping with American railroad practices pilot steps had to be scratch built and applied both front and rear.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 13 2010 10:05:12 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 03 2010 :  09:09:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi frank,nice extra detail and love those pony wheels ken

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - June 17 2010 :  9:41:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Really nice work Frank!
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 04 2010 :  12:31:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
whats happening with this contest is it on or off ken

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - July 04 2010 :  12:53:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
It's as active as anyone wants it to be.

Per earlier: Modify/Kitbash any Tyco/Mantua based Locomotive or piece of rolling stock. Submit pics and story. End of year we all vote. It's that simple. Hopefully by keeping it simple we'll prevent the earlier debacle.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - October 13 2010 :  09:16:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
If Tyco made a Penn Central Plymouth Industrial Switcher, I thought it might look like this:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - October 15 2010 :  11:37:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
Here's mine...

TYCO US-1 meets TYCO piggybacks.

- TYCO "el cheapo" UP piggybacks (this counts as the "rolling stock" portion of the rules requirement! )
- TYCO US-1 trailer frames shortened to accept piggyback trailer bodies
- TYCO Night Haulers semi
- TYCO piggyback loader modded to accept a US-1 track in lieu of the ramp
- Athearn flat car (the deck was thick enough that I could cut slots into it as well as relief the sides)

Edited by - JohnnyKane on October 15 2010 11:39:37 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 201  ~  Member Since: March 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - April 20 2011 :  3:12:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
ChrisC, I was just wondering how your mini tank car is turning out. I might try something similar for an HO logging scene.

I'm also wondering what happened to the rest of the kit bashing that was going on here.

~ Dave

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - April 21 2011 :  12:17:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Haven't forgot about it lol. It did get side tracked because I hit a point where I couldn't figure out how I wanted to proceed. I would have been easier if I hadn't painted and decaled the thing already. I have a caboose to finish, after that maybe I'll push the tanker out onto the bench to get her on the rails finally!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 20 2021 :  8:22:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
Here is the 4-4-0t today.

Originally posted by toptrain - May 31 2010 :  4:06:21 PM

Cute little engine Frank.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO GP20 superdetailing Topic Next Topic: Dr. Frankenstein''s Athearn  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000