Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Revell Motive Power, Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Revell Caboose
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Revell F7 Rock Island Topic Next Topic: F-Unit  

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - November 14 2009 :  12:33:10 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I got my first Revell today:

It's nicely detailed, heavy, and different from most of what I have. Are these things common? I didn't know anything about Revell having HO trains until recently.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - November 14 2009 :  11:03:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
I got one of those last month but it is going to need some repairs to the steps and a paint job.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - November 14 2009 :  3:17:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Nice looking caboose. I have two of their U.P. 0-6-0's, but I didn't know Revell made cabeese. I'm guessing it has a diecast frame.

It's interesting that most manufacturers were making sprung trucks back in the 50's and 60's, something that fell out of favor. I've always found sprung trucks to track much better than rigid ones.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - November 16 2009 :  07:58:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist

/tyco/forum/uploaded/Tony Cook/revell_corner_logo.jpg

The Revell line was a well-made set of HO-scale trains. Mid-'50s start for Revell...here's more info...

http://ho-scaletrains.net/revellhoscaletrainsresource/index.html

The Revell structure kits survived a number of re-issues, both from Revell as well as showing up in the AHM line and other places.

The Revell F7 never came back, but the SW7 did return in Con-Cor's line. Many of the Revell freight cars were and are in Con-Cor's offerings. Con-Cor holds most of the former Revell tooling.

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - November 22 2009 :  12:34:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Coincidently that was my first Revell piece also. Revell may have made about a dozen cabeese, if that much. I'll get an exact number later. Outside of Tyco and Mantua, I started to pick up these cabeese. There is something about them that I liked. I sold off the one pictured below and it surprised me how much it went for. The key seems to have the little blue man as we dearly refer to him. I don't think I'll be replacing it. If you're interested in collecting these I still have the NH Trainliner Caboose MIB.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 04 2010 :  12:58:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A couple others :

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

caboose 1
Big Six

L&N Hummingbird

Posted - November 28 2010 :  7:56:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add caboose 1 to Buddylist
I know of at least 2 variations in the Revell caboose (of this wood type)
The older ones had the horizontal brakewheel on top of the shaft, with the
ladders that "loop" on the roof...the newer version had the verticle brakewheel
on the modern type brakestand, and the ladders did not rise above the roof
on the ends...I think the newer type also had molded brake rigging underneath,
while the older ones had seperate tanks, etc...like Roundhouse. All the ones I had
had metal talgo trucks some w/springs some w/o. I quickly changed that
put on seperate KDs' and Athearn caboose trucks...

cab 1
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 352  ~  Member Since: November 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - February 15 2013 :  08:52:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Just picked up this Revell CP caboose at my LHS... Needs some railing and ladder work in the shop...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - February 15 2013 :  10:50:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Revell Cabooses: 4060 UP, 4062 ACL, 4064 ATSF, 4066 NH (Brown), 4068 B&O, 4070 SP, 4072 NH (Gray) and 4074 CP
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Revell F7 Rock Island Topic Next Topic: F-Unit  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000