Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 First Lionel
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lionel HO bobber Topic Next Topic: GP 30  

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 24 2009 :  8:07:04 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Well it's not exactly my first. I've got my dad's postwar set, but the locomotive is in terrible shape. I've got a couple HO pieces. This one, however, is my first functional "real" Lionel:

It's nothing too special, but with some work I got it running great. This is going to do some laps under the tree this Christmas!

Is anyone else running Lionel?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - October 24 2009 :  10:34:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I like the way that loco looks... most plain ones don't win me over but there's something elegant about that.

I have an O27 ring for the Christmas tree, but just a handful of cars. No Lionel except some flats and gons from the Fundimensions era, when they were pretty cheaply made. But they're perfect for the girls to put their toys in and on while it runs, so they do their job well :).

I wouldn't mind having a Lionel steamer but have no idea which one to get. It seems they're either pitiful garbage, or pricey shelf queens.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 24 2009 :  11:37:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
As for steamers, I've got my dad's 675. It seems like it would be great if I could get it running. It's been sitting in an unsealed crate in a garage for 30+ years
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 25 2009 :  12:49:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice loco but the only thing I didn't like about 027 was the signals IRL they would be 3 stories high! I think the crossing signals for example would look better in G scale Oh another thing to look for is the Lady Lionel train Its big bucks if you find or have one
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - October 25 2009 :  12:55:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
the 675 you have shouldn't be to hard to get running, old lionels last forever. i bought a prewar 1666E that wouldn't do anything but buzz, after some cleaning & oil it ran like a champ. i've got more O gage than i do anything. i love my lionels.
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 25 2009 :  2:11:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
how about Marx O gauge? I has a crossing signal with a bell in it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 25 2009 :  9:13:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I've got an old Marx flashing crossbuck and operating gate as well. Sure, they're HUGE, but they're fun. There's something to be said for the play value of all the old stuff.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - October 25 2009 :  9:25:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
quote:
There's something to be said for the play value of all the old stuff.

Originally posted by burlington77-October 25 2009: 9:13:38 PM

you are so right. plus they will pull very long trains & haul butt doing it. i have a 2056 & i think i could tow my car with it. lol

jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Lionel HO bobber Topic Next Topic: GP 30  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000