Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 GP 30
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: First Lionel Topic Next Topic: Input on Lionel Diesels  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  07:45:38 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
The GP 30 is one of my favorite Locos. Not long ago you would see them pass through here with B&O powered and then with CSX as permanent coupled slugs with the engine doors welded shut and the prime mover removed.
I have one from Lionel in BN colors and the Kader drive.
Where they made first for Lionel by Lionel or where they Bachmanns to begin with?

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

basher09
Switcher

St George

Posted - October 24 2009 :  1:10:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add basher09 to Buddylist
Hi Alco Fan, very interesting...per Tony Cook's www.ho-scaletrains.net, the '76 Lionel catalogue shows the GP30 as part of "The Burlington" set, and notes it as the only GP30 on the market. His lowdown in the Bachmann section show they sold it 1979-1981 (No.637) and 1982-1987 (No.41-630-03).
I would love to find one of these!

"It is better to have loafed and lost, than never to have loafed at all." James Thurber
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 19  ~  Member Since: October 24 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  2:09:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
The shells were sold by other companies too.
I think Bev/Bel sold them as well as others with different drives under them.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  6:03:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Thanks. I have a secondone but it is Bachmann in Chessie. It came before I knew that Lionel had HO scale model and probably about 30 years ago.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 24 2009 :  6:14:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
need to do a GP 30 like this UP one: http://www.nevadasouthern.com/ Would be nice to have UP 844 steam loco the UP EMD SD70ACe 8444 & the UP GP 844 all in HO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: First Lionel Topic Next Topic: Input on Lionel Diesels  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000