Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 TYCO TURBO TRAIN TRACTION TIRES
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Animated box car Topic Next Topic: 2-8-0 motor replacement...  

GEOKI
Switcher

Posted - October 14 2009 :  02:05:17 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add GEOKI to Buddylist
Hey all...earlier this evening I tried to replace the tires on the TT but it seems like the grooves are deeper than the other engine's what traction tires out there would work? any pics? DIY?

Much appreciate it

John

All TYCO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: February 07 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2009 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 14 2009 :  7:52:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I was working on one of my TT engines a couple days ago, and I noticed the exact same thing. I just grabbed a pair of hair elastics they sell at Walmart. They might be too small though (they're smaller than the originals)...I haven't tried it on steel track (they might be ok with the magnets), but it didn't work too well on nickel.

Sorry if that doesn't help much I have an engine with the original tires so I've never bothered much with the second one. Maybe someone on ebay sells original tires
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 12 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GEOKI
Switcher

Posted - October 15 2009 :  12:53:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GEOKI to Buddylist
hmmm I've tried to search through ebay and still no luck...I wonder if gasket O-rings from an auto parts store would work just an idea but hopefully we will come up with something.....btw nice new layout, checked it on your youtube and some other random vids you got. funny as hell, keep up with the good work DaCheez
All TYCO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: February 07 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GEOKI
Switcher

Posted - October 15 2009 :  01:04:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GEOKI to Buddylist
The Key is as long as it has grip and able to resist high temp through the steel rails and we're all good. the TT i got has dry rotted tires.....
All TYCO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: February 07 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 15 2009 :  10:05:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I tried putting my TT on a piece of steel track, and the magnets dragged on the rails. Looks like the hair elastics are too small after all

On the bright side though, I just checked the TT drive wheels to a set of standard PT wheels. They look like they're the same diameter! Maybe if you pop the drive wheels off a standard PT wheel set and CAREFULLY saw off the gear they can be installed on the TT's drive axle. It would make traction tires alot easier to find.

Thanx about the YT vids btw. That's what happens when I get bored
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 12 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 16 2009 :  12:01:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh I solved that magnet problem by REMOVING the magnets
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 16 2009 :  5:44:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
LOL. Does it still work. Without the magnets I find that the shoes have enough spring tension to lift the front wheels off the track

OH, and just to follow up to yesterday, I noticed that the axles of PT trucks and TTs are different sizes. It's probably still doable, but it'd need alot more modification.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 16 2009 :  7:42:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
no so I need to put weights in where the magnets work Crazy thing is I may have 2 TTs idk I'd have to look
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 16 2009 :  11:24:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I have thought about putting some weights in, but those engines are so small. Where would the weights go You could pull out the magnets and put in some solid metal, but I don't think that would be nearly enough weight

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 17 2009 :  12:06:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
probablly not but I still would like the TT Freight Train one
  Previous Topic: Animated box car Topic Next Topic: 2-8-0 motor replacement...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000