Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW April 12 to 18 2009 (Easter edition)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LotW April 19-25 Topic Next Topic: My new BN loco!  

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - April 12 2009 :  7:35:48 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
So I claimed I was done buying engines for awhile since I'm trying to get into the house. The one engine I was eying very badly on Walthers was no longer on sale. I figured I'd just let it go. Then we went to the local hobby shop so my friend could return a SD38 that had trouble making turns on his layout. Low and behold, tucked away and stored on its side in one of the display cases. Was the exact engine I was looking for, same road name I wanted, same sale price from Walthers and all. Its a IHC (Mehano) 2-10-2 Sante Fe. Done in the B&O road name with a vanderbuilt tender.

Detail is nice (few things that I forgot to add on that aren't in these shots). Its a bit of a tight fit for the layout, the front driver wheels derail all the time. But the loco will continue till it gets a chance to get them back on the rails. It can do this lap after lap with no issues so that doesn't bother me lol. Alot of the details aren't prototypical to the real thing B&O had...BUT I've never been big on that sorta stuff Plus combined with my friend's Sante Fe we can get some awesome double header steam action!

Happy Easter!!!

Edited by - ChrisC on April 12 2009 8:09:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator 

eaglerock109
Mikado

MantuaAvatar

Posted - April 12 2009 :  8:10:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add eaglerock109 to Buddylist
Hi Chris,
Nice loco. I have the Southern version of that IHC. I added an MRC decoder with steam sound.
Happy Easter.
Tom

Edited by - eaglerock109 on April 12 2009 8:13:13 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 622  ~  Member Since: February 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 13 2009 :  06:46:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
happy easter all,nice locos,more so the southern,cannot get enough of them,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - April 13 2009 :  08:06:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Tom have you had any trouble with the plug between the tender & locomotive being loose? Mine does every so often, but beyond that it really isn't that big of a issue. I like all the wide cabs on the background of your shot, when I start buying again that's my next thing to get
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

eaglerock109
Mikado

MantuaAvatar

Posted - April 13 2009 :  12:41:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add eaglerock109 to Buddylist
Hey Chris,
The first time I tried the loco it wouldn't move. I sent it to IHC, they returned it with a note saying the connector was repaired. That was over a year ago and it has not be any trouble since. Occasionally while running on an 18" radius curve it slows. Other than that it has been a good runner.
Most of the wide cabs in the back ground are Athearn's, there is one Bachmann. I've added decoders to all, the Bachmann is a Spectrum that came DCC equiped. I picked up the Bachmann from Trainworld in Brooklyn, NY for 59.99 w/o shipping. It runs very well.
Tom
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 622  ~  Member Since: February 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 15 2009 :  09:40:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My loco assigned to pull my Freedom train.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - April 15 2009 :  11:25:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Frank,
I used to have two of those locos back in the 70s.
Do you know who made them?

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 15 2009 :  12:50:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
lets see if i am right or wrong i think its lima
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

martin67
Big Six

Posted - April 15 2009 :  4:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
Wrong, Ken!
But much closer to you than you might think....

http://www.zealot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9115/limit/views

Its actually TriAng , imported to North America by ATT.

Martin

http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/index.htm
 Country: Germany  ~  Posts: 222  ~  Member Since: May 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 15 2009 :  5:44:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist

Sorry to crash the party with a diesel.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - April 16 2009 :  07:46:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
quote:
Sorry to crash the party with a diesel.

Originally posted by Alco Fan-April 15 2009: 5:44:12 PM

Long as people are posting stuff its all good But did anyone ever notice that in the LoTW threads there is always a slight theme. Like one loco appears, then someone else see's it and says "Hey I have one of those". And that might go on for awhile till something different pops into the thread. I just always thought it was kinda amusing there was a quasi unspoken theme during some weeks lol. I like the variety though!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 16 2009 :  6:35:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My Santa Fe type, Pennsy class N1sa is a Cary-Penn Line locomotive. The front pilot is scratch built. The cab is from a Backmann K4 pacific. The large cylinders are from a Aristo Craft Mikado. Additional detail is added to both the Locomotive and tender.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 16 2009 6:36:46 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - April 16 2009 :  6:38:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
That's a neat one Frank!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 16 2009 :  6:43:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Matt : It is built like a British Bull Dog. Ugly, Chumkey, and Powerfull. It doesn't like to mess around.
frank

toptrain

Previous Topic: LotW April 19-25 Topic Next Topic: My new BN loco!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000