Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Bachmann Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 A4 Spencer & other streamlined Steamers
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: what the heck is this? Topic Next Topic: Traction Tires For Pancake Bachmann Locos
Page: of 3

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 21 2011 :  8:17:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Going along with Streamliners. A different view of The LV John Wilks. The cars on the left date the photo.
toptrain

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - October 21 2011 :  8:26:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Very nice, Toptrain!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 13 2012 :  09:00:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Spencer at work pulling the Burlington Express
toptrain

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 15 2012 :  4:22:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a PRR T1 Pennsy streanliner.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 28 2012 :  10:00:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Lastest Streamlined Locomotive is the Hornby Dublo A4 #7 Sir Nigle Grisley. A transfer from the Catford Branch. Sir Grisley is the man who designed the A4 locomotive.
* Not like the other A4s that came to Frankford branch PGW. This one is all diecast metal. Drive is in loco, and not in tender.
toptrain1

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 07 2013 4:57:44 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 06 2012 :  09:55:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I love those A4 locos
Also oops There seems to be a derailed loco in he background next to the roundhouse
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 06 2012 :  3:17:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi ben its had a blowout,engineers changing tyre
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 06 2012 :  5:53:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
hi ben its had a blowout,engineers changing tyre
Originally posted by catfordken - November 06 2012 :  3:17:58 PM

You aren't too far from that Statement As the steam locos do have a tire ring that is heated up then slipped onto wheel & allowed to shrink onto wheel *nerd*
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 08 2012 :  8:49:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Southern Pacific GS4 on ready track. To the GS-4 left is a Cary-Penn Line PRR N1. I copied a westside models front pilot to replace the standard air tank with a proper tank with platform arrangement.
toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 18 2020 05:46:54 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 06 2013 :  10:41:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Early in march I got this all metal Hornby Dublo A4 silver King at a train show. For now it is unable to run because it is a 3 rail engine. I will do something about that !
The tender is a plastic hornby A4 tender and the paint doesn't match. It will do for now when all it needs to do is sit and fill a photo.

v-7760

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 06 2013 12:24:46 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 06 2013 :  1:11:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
3 rail runner eh?
Well if you do convert it to run on 2 rails let us know how to do it

If I didn't mention it I LOVE that LV John Wilks *Homer drool*

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 07 2013 :  11:17:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
3 rail runner eh?
Well if you do convert it to run on 2 rails let us know how to do it

Originally posted by microbusss - April 06 2013 :  1:11:10 PM

Thinking of the conversion > I have a complete spare A4 frame with drivers and axels for a DC 2 rail Hornby tender drive loco. This is different from the Hornby Dublo earlier A4's. All the wheels and axels are larger and not interchangeable. The frame is also different so not interchangeable as one piece. A conversion of the 3 rail drive is necessary. All axels must be done including the lead and trailing truck axels. Right side wheels must be pulled from there axels and some sort of insulation placed between the axel and wheels. I have to see what I can get to do this. I may have to widen the axel hole in the drivers to accomplish this with the addition of plastic insulators of some sort. Once done the insulated drivers will need electrical pickups to bring power from the rail to the insulated brush.
I know what has to done. Just not sure yet how I will go about doing it.
frank

toptrain

blackstone1
Switcher

ThomasAvatar

Posted - April 08 2013 :  10:11:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blackstone1 to Buddylist
quote:
A NYC Dryfuss Hudson , N&W J1, Coronation and Battle of Brittian class, Winston Churchill, in the storage tracks at Frankford roundhouse.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - July 28 2011 :  10:16:21 AM

I've always wondered, why is it that sometimes that deWitt Clinton train appears in a photo and never mentioned. Is it just one of those locomotives on display or do you just seldom run it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 91  ~  Member Since: February 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 08 2013 :  10:19:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i have a dewitt,motors are useless,those cars weigh nothing and mine struggles to pull them,more for looking at then running is my opinion ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 11 2013 :  2:56:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
i have a dewitt,motors are useless,those cars weigh nothing and mine struggles to pull them,more for looking at then running is my opinion ken

Originally posted by catfordken - April 08 2013 :  10:19:32 AM

Yep! ken is right. Their main attribute is sit-in in a scene, looking nice.
It gives someone interested a chance to discuss them. It is like trying to run a Aristo-Craft Reading bicycle with a car behind it. Another scene setter. Very much like the small Bachmann, ATT and Ken kidder locos. VERY INTERESTING.

toptrain

ReymondSt.James
Switcher

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - July 05 2013 :  10:50:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ReymondSt.James to Buddylist
I have to say, seeing the words "Bachmann Spencer" and "Blue Comet" in the same sentence near made me have a heart attack. And speaking as a Californian, nothing is better than a fabulous GS-4 Northern, even ifnit isnt as fast as an A4.
"And it will all be surrounded by a train"
- Walt Disney
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 33  ~  Member Since: July 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 07 2013 :  5:30:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
mallard may not have the colour scheme of the gs,nor the power,but she is a real beautiful loco,ken

String boB
Switcher

Posted - January 19 2014 :  7:40:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add String boB to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
heres a trix/liliput a4 mallard ken

Originally posted by catfordken-December 20 2008: 1:24:59 PM

Wow, what a lovely piece!
How's it run? Does it break any speed records?

Originally posted by MM 1498 - December 20 2008 :  4:03:26 PM

Love those British railroads. they are tempting

String Bob
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 85  ~  Member Since: December 13 2013  ~  Last Visit: February 27 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 20 2014 :  09:53:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi String boB,both the trix and liliput versions of this loco and flying scotsman,run fantastic,and detail is up to scratch for models made in 70s/80s,ken
i have this loco in storage,in br wartime black

Edited by - catfordken on January 20 2014 09:58:51 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 20 2014 :  12:33:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Well it looks like I get to post another of the PGW engines here. It isn't a true streamlined locomotive but its exterior finish is smooth and uncluttered with piping and external compressors, super heater's, tanks, and everything else that can be found attached to steam locomotive boilers. Early Reading pacifics were externally reworked to give a more streamlined appearance in much the same way as this locomotive was. This was considered streamlining back then.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 16 2015 08:15:12 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 20 2014 :  12:42:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
and why not frank,nice looking loco ken

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - March 06 2014 :  10:41:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Well it looks like I get to post another of the PGW engines here.
Another Scotsman.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - January 20 2014 :  12:33:52 PM

My Flying Scotsman's coupling is broken off and I'll probably never be able to get spares since I live in the US so Flying Scotsman will forever be usless. Unless someone knows where I can find them in the US.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - March 06 2014 :  10:43:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Here it is. I'm now the not so proud owner of it since the coupling broke.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 15 2014 :  4:24:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
kovak show the bottom of the tender.
frank

toptrain

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 15 2014 :  6:33:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
kovak show the bottom of the tender.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 15 2014 :  4:24:40 PM

Ok. I got the engine DCC fitted recently if you haven't heard yet. It didn't come DCC fitted originally.

-Steve

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 15 2014 :  8:46:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ok toptrain & catfordken! I has a CHALLENGE for both of you!
Get ALL your A4 locos together & take a pic in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the A4!
Ok I realize it has already passed but do it anyway

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 28 2014 :  4:33:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I also have another streamliner I can post! It just so happens to be a DCC fitted Bachmann Daylight in H0 scale. Here she is!

-Steve

Edited by - kovacste000 on May 28 2014 4:33:31 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 12 2015 :  5:09:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Now here is a new addition to this streamliner thread.
The Hornby, Silver Fox, LNER, #2512 A4 class. A steam locomotive speed recorded at 113 MPH pulling the very unique 5 car train set the " Silver Jubilee. Made up of a color matching two car and three car sets with articulating trucks.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 12 2015 5:10:23 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 12 2015 :  5:42:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'll admit British OO scale or real trains make me drooool
Gordon is a 4-6-2

Edited by - microbusss on August 12 2015 5:43:22 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 16 2015 :  07:28:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
With the Silver Fox being acquired on Saturday August 8 2015 at the Greenberg train show at Edison NJ a second streamlined locomotive was gotten on the following sunday at the same train show.
* The new locomotive from Sunday is a Hornby Coronation class pacific. The locomotive is the LMS #6237 "City of Bristol". I am still not sure but I do think that "LMS" is the
" London Midland Southern railway". It would also seem the on the LMS, this style of streamling was designed by the "LMS" for there Coronation train sets and used on other "LMS' passenger trains.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 16 2015 07:58:24 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 16 2015 :  08:16:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
below are 3 of the rarest scotsman duchess and a4 liveries

br blue and wartime black

Edited by - catfordken on August 16 2015 08:18:56 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 16 2015 :  08:24:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
what amazes me is they went to the cost of painting locos blacks to help make them less visible,but left all the coaches brightly painted never understood that,and frank its the london midland and scottish railway,the loco below has no survivors all scrapped,so they are building a new one,this is the hornby version,a class p2 2-8-2 mikado ken

she started life looking like a big brother to the a4 class seen below

Edited by - catfordken on August 16 2015 08:35:13 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 16 2015 :  09:42:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
below are 3 of the rarest scotsman duchess and a4 liveries

br blue and wartime black

Originally posted by catfordken - August 16 2015 :  08:16:20 AM

Ken do you remember this "City of Lancaster" LMS #6243

toptrain

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 16 2015 :  10:43:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
yes frank is it still running

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 19 2020 :  01:00:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ooophta.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 19 2020 01:03:46 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 19 2020 :  01:21:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice engine Jeff.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 19 2020 :  09:28:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/4w_tgRh0ctw
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: what the heck is this? Topic Next Topic: Traction Tires For Pancake Bachmann Locos  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000