Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Rare C4301?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: UP GP-20...How Many? Topic Next Topic: New Alco C430 SF with box and handrails  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 25 2006 :  8:31:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Tyco Crew,

What kind of C430 is this? It's an unusual scheme. The owner says it's not custom paint. Any help?
AF
I think it's a Tyco PT no?

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on October 25 2006 8:41:13 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - October 25 2006 :  9:10:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
That's an Australian release... can't remember the name but the paint scheme is an authentic proto scheme down under. Looks like a PT to me.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MagnoliaAcademy
Hudson

Posted - October 26 2006 :  12:04:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add MagnoliaAcademy to Buddylist
Will post pics when it shows up (after it is spruced up)
MagAc
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 446  ~  Member Since: December 09 2005  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 26 2006 :  3:57:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
MA,
Congrats!
Do you know anything about it? Was it relaesed in USA. I guess that's your first from down under?
AF

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - October 26 2006 :  4:18:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Nice pick up Magnolia Academy!

I will expect some pictures of it when it is restored to add to the TYCO-Austrailia section of the resource.

[}:)]

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MagnoliaAcademy
Hudson

Posted - October 26 2006 :  7:46:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add MagnoliaAcademy to Buddylist
Re: Aussie 4301
Worked on a film documentary for a production company in Brisbane, Queensland, in the 1980s. Neil, one of the producers, had a small floor train set up for he and his sons. I just recognized the thing when it showed up on line; no mystery.
Will post pics, as I said. I owe some back pics on some real scarcities, cross-numbers, errors and exotics anyway.
MA
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 446  ~  Member Since: December 09 2005  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

alexander13
Switcher

Posted - October 27 2006 :  01:26:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add alexander13 to Buddylist
Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Thats a Tyco whatever it is decorated in QR paint (Queensland Rail). Its got no prototype (and i know very little about QR)

Prototype QR units ride on Narrow gauge bogies (trucks.) I am not aware of what the closet to a prototype they had in mind, but they do have some hood units up there

Who was it that got it and where are they from?

for more info

http://locopage.railpage.org.au/qr.html

Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 44  ~  Member Since: May 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: February 18 2007 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MagnoliaAcademy
Hudson

Posted - October 27 2006 :  2:15:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add MagnoliaAcademy to Buddylist
Thanks for the info, Alexander!
I couldn't imagine a honkin' huge Century ranging along QRs trackage, so suspected it had no counterpart and was "made up of wholecloth."
Magnolia Academy
(the new owner)

alexander13
Switcher

Posted - October 28 2006 :  05:02:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add alexander13 to Buddylist
yeah, if they had them (not likely, they run on 3'6" gauge) thats what the paint scheme would look like
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 44  ~  Member Since: May 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: February 18 2007 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - October 28 2006 :  09:54:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Dang!!!
I was going to bid on that C430,but thought it was a repaint.
Live and learn I guess.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

alexander13
Switcher

Posted - October 28 2006 :  7:55:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add alexander13 to Buddylist
perhaps you might like tio know, that Lifelike has done repaints in similair fasion
  Previous Topic: UP GP-20...How Many? Topic Next Topic: New Alco C430 SF with box and handrails  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000