Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 24 ]  [ Total: 24 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Life-Like Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Today in Martinsburg, Vic. (AUS)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Life Like ESSO Gas Station Topic Next Topic: Traction Tires for Life-like motive power  

martin67
Big Six

Posted - May 28 2008 :  3:06:35 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
G´day,

Martinsburg, Vic. in Australia is a small town, which has been founded 90 years ago by German immigrants. It´s located near the mainline Melbourne - Adelaide and is served by Australian National and VLine.

Today I could take pictures of a local freight train, which was made up of AN-cars only.

I took the fist picture from far away, the EMD GP38-2 in the typical green livery.

Then a close-up of the diesel, isn´t it a beauty?

Following the loco there was a falt car with IPEC-containers

Then a car carrier with a load of Holdens (really?)

A cattle car followed (sorry, no pic yet) and finally a gondola.

This was my trip to the station today. The models are Lifelike, except the gon, which is OZ-Freight.

And now, a cold stubby of VB...

Cheers,

Martin

http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/index.htm
 Country: Germany  ~  Posts: 222  ~  Member Since: May 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2014 Alert Moderator 

B 67
Switcher

QR

Posted - June 01 2008 :  10:04:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add B 67 to Buddylist
How strange. I've lived in Victoria all my life, and had never heard of Martinsburg. :)

Not as strange as how that Oz-Freight gondola has the AN logo upside down though.

Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 69  ~  Member Since: April 21 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

martin67
Big Six

Posted - June 01 2008 :  11:41:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add martin67 to Buddylist
Best is, there´s supposed to be a Martinsburg in southern Germany, with a clone of this station, have to come up with pix later....

But, AN never ran GP38´s nor did they have american style wagons. Combined all that, the upside down logo on the gondola does not affect so much anymore!

Martin

http://mmiwakoh.de/Eigene%20Webs/lima-modellbahn/index.htm
 Country: Germany  ~  Posts: 222  ~  Member Since: May 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

railtrax
Switcher

CVRailwayAvatar

Posted - October 11 2013 :  01:19:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add railtrax to Buddylist
Funny that AN GP38-2 should have yellow trucks shouldn't it? It also doesn't have a road number. Perhaps the 2000 number series might be appropriate. Actually I worked in a hobby store back in 1996-98 named "GONE LOCO" in the Adelaide suburb of Plympton & sold many of these Lifelike GP38-2 loco's. I don't remember any of the ones i sold ever looking as CLEAN as your model shown here. Good job. Who needs to be a"Rivet counter" modeler anyway
Many Thanks. Regards. Pete H.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: October 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 14 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 11 2013 :  02:20:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Am jealous of your train now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 08 2023 :  08:56:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Makes those items look more realistic.

One of them is a Life Like item.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Life Like ESSO Gas Station Topic Next Topic: Traction Tires for Life-like motive power  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000