Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 A few new items for stoney creek...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A Tyco kitbash - the PRR BB1 Topic Next Topic: My Flat and Cat Project...  

Puppyfang
Big Six

shark1

Posted - April 29 2008 :  9:54:14 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Puppyfang to Buddylist
Well here are a few new items just completed for the stoney creek...hope you approve of my weathering and model building details...even put coal in the little pail and coal box...that's not plastic...had to drill out the bucket to do it...thanks for any comments or suggestions...Garret

"Though amid all the smoking horror and diabolism of a sea-fight, SHARKS will be seen longingly gazing up to the ship's decks, like hungry dogs round a table where red meat is being carved, ready to bolt down every killed man that is tossed to them . . ." by Herman Melville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 209  ~  Member Since: March 25 2008  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2012 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 29 2008 :  10:32:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hey Garret. Very nice. I have one of those signal towers too, but yours looks much better. I need to do this to some of my buildings as I'm building a new layout as well.

The only suggestion I can give you would be for the little grey shack...if you can get at the inside, you could put some clear plastic and black paper in the window. I read in a magazine that doing that will give you "forced perspective"...or somethin like that.[:O)]

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - April 29 2008 :  11:13:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Cool beans

The shack to the left is screamin' for some interior detail...blacksmith? welder? some kid/guy workin' on his car?
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Puppyfang
Big Six

shark1

Posted - April 30 2008 :  10:50:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Puppyfang to Buddylist
Agree that the grey one need some windows.. never thought of it at the time... will do something on that one, the left one will have some old rusty tools and a few drums and crates added at the time of placement.. it was to be an abandoned building, left over from previous railroad work... actually the door will be left unhinged and "junk inside and around it with a lot of weeds growing... will show when placed, just maybe an old rusty beat up car will be there, have to see what it might look like. .... However you did give me an idea for some broken, foggy old glass in the windows that I will do... thanks for the comments... good to get other's ideas... Garret

ps... think the car needs more rust on it... any thoughts... did notice that when I try to do the rust and I use chalk that after I flat coat I lose a lot of the look, any one have a suggestion on this..Garret

"Though amid all the smoking horror and diabolism of a sea-fight, SHARKS will be seen longingly gazing up to the ship's decks, like hungry dogs round a table where red meat is being carved, ready to bolt down every killed man that is tossed to them . . ." by Herman Melville
Edited by - Puppyfang on April 30 2008 12:48:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 209  ~  Member Since: March 25 2008  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - April 30 2008 :  2:16:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:

ps... think the car needs more rust on it... any thoughts... did notice that when I try to do the rust and I use chalk that after I flat coat I lose a lot of the look, any one have a suggestion on this..Garret

Originally posted by Puppyfang - April 30 2008 : 3:50:09 PM

Weathering is best under done, it can be a fine line between well used and decrepit. When you have a happy medium, crossing the line one way or the other looks just fine.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 08 2022 :  3:19:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Well here are a few new items just completed for the stoney creek. I hope you approve of my weathering and model building details.
I even put coal in the little pail and coal box. That is not plastic and had to drill out the bucket to do it. Thanks for any comments or suggestions."

Originally posted by Puppyfang on April 29 2008.

Wonderful weathering skills.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A Tyco kitbash - the PRR BB1 Topic Next Topic: My Flat and Cat Project...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000