Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production Turbo Train
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco boxcar mystery Topic Next Topic: Tyco Spotlight Caboose for sale on Ebay  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - February 07 2008 :  9:56:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Okay, the TYCO designers were up late working on this baby. This is one of a series of design ideas that they had probably prior to the Turbo Train. It actually runs and has a slot car type chassis with magnets similar to the TT. This is all hand done and is truly a mock up model. enjoy... -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 07 2008 :  10:17:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
[:P] That is pure win!!! I love the coach and observation car. Absolutely amazing. Why didn't they make one like this!?[:(]

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Roy
Little Six

Posted - February 08 2008 :  03:44:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Roy to Buddylist
Interesting clerestory-like roof. Was it a model of an early streamliner?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 108  ~  Member Since: December 25 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - February 08 2008 :  09:43:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
When you look at the coaches they do look like early streamliners of some type. The engine however, really looks different and the black tip on it makes it remind me of "UNDERDOG" my hero.....[:X] I, too wish they made something like this..... -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ABE
Switcher

Posted - February 08 2008 :  1:25:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ABE to Buddylist
Hi Bob,
About what yr do you suppose this was made ? reason I ask is it looks to me like the speed train in Japan from yrs back , could have been one of those other speed trains across the ocean but the nose looks familiar to me for some reason but just cant place it, maybe one of our space crafts ?.............. anyway, seems a shame some of these items you are showing never hit the market , I have to say that Tyco seemed to go in the direction of toys or make believe & were not afarid to get away from the real thing which most all if not all other HO mjfgs tried to stay prototype & copy all real trains, to me the model trains are just that , Toys to play with & enjoy & who cares if a tender has the exact amount of rivits as did the real thing ?........ I grew up with Lionel trains the 1st being a pre war tin 0-27 train wit all its bright colors & stamped on details, it was made to run around the Christmas tree at Christmas & to enjoy which I sure did, later had the post war Lionel & than later into the HO Tyco which is why I collect it & I stil like the make believe train sets tyco came out with,................................. Abe

Abe Schwartz
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 50  ~  Member Since: May 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - February 08 2008 :  5:35:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
engine nose loks like the space shuttle....

midmo
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 129  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 30 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Roy
Little Six

Posted - February 08 2008 :  11:12:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Roy to Buddylist
The nose looks like a Magic Marker to me. [:)]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 108  ~  Member Since: December 25 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - February 09 2008 :  12:30:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Looks like money should have been spent on improving detail on their products...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - February 09 2008 :  12:35:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Sorry, not a slam, as I am a dedicated Tyco/Mantua fan.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 04 2015 :  12:03:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Looks vaguely like the old Tyco/Mantua Aerotrain looking loco and/or something they could've made back then. Looks interesting.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 06 2020 :  4:50:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
Okay, the TYCO designers were up late working on this baby. This is one of a series of design ideas that they had probably prior to the Turbo Train. It actually runs and has a slot car type chassis with magnets similar to the TT. This is all hand done and is truly a mock up model. enjoy... -Bob

Originally posted by TYCO-TOWN Trains - February 07 2008 :  9:56:45 PM

Not seen often.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 11 2021 :  2:51:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

The Tyco turbo model train has some interesting ideas.

Fun to watch.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 11 2021 :  11:57:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I wants the TT Freight set & the chrome one!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco boxcar mystery Topic Next Topic: Tyco Spotlight Caboose for sale on Ebay  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000