Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Christmas layout...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: lighted bumpers Topic Next Topic: Wiring Extensions  

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 07 2007 :  7:46:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
My space is very limited and so my Christmas layout serves as my year round test bed and running loop, my appetite for greater ops having to be sated by a 3x5 N scale pike. This year I'll be adding plowed streets, something I do by painting in roads, then lining each side of the street with white bathroom caulk carefully applied to either side of the road. This was it two years ago...

This is what it looked like set up last year. While I do finer scale work, I go out of my way to recreate those fantastic department store and firehouse layouts that were all over Baltimore when I was a kid. I'm always adding lights and animation wherever I can get away with it and try to remain plausibly within scale.

After adding an elevated loop for Thomas and friends, this will be my layout this year...

Kids are always encouraged to have light play (no crash 'em smash 'ems) with all equipment and this year will have a Tyco Clementine gold mine loader to load mini M&Ms into gondolas.

Edited by - shaygetz on October 08 2007 12:19:01 AM
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 07 2007 :  8:11:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Oooooo[:p]. Very nice!! It sure beats the talking monorail that runs around the tree at my house[:0)]. Where do you get the styrofoam for the base???

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 07 2007 :  8:21:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Oooooo[:p]. Very nice!! It sure beats the talking monorail that runs around the tree at my house[:0)]. Where do you get the styrofoam for the base???
-cheez

Originally posted by DaCheez - October 08 2007 : 01:11:05 AM

It's actually OSB, some folks call it wafer board, the stuff that's made of big chips of wood glued together. I paint it with several heavy coats of gloss white paint to give it a frosty look.

Edited by - shaygetz on October 07 2007 8:22:01 PM
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - December 16 2007 :  11:07:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Any new pictures Shay / Dacheez??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - December 17 2007 :  10:14:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Any new pictures Shay / Dacheez??

Originally posted by Brianstyco - December 17 2007 : 03:07:32 AM

As a matter of fact, there is...

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p96/1shaygetz/videos/?action=view¤t=Christmas2007.flv
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 17 2007 :  2:04:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
WOW...ur layout/christmas display looks great[:D]. Next year, I'll either have to do something like that (mount track on plywood) or go back to the monorail. I set up an HO train this year around the tree along with some xmas buildings...so far it isn't going well. My brother has kicked it like 5 times (which is really pathetic since he's 10), and my cat is addicted to the tree...like seriously...why can't my cat just chew on my shoes like he normally does...why does he need to bite the tree?!?...anyway he keeps knocking the train over.

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: lighted bumpers Topic Next Topic: Wiring Extensions  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000