Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Frogectomy
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hornby of the Week Topic Next Topic: HObbyline additions  9-4-23  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 02 2023 :  8:03:03 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Easing back into the hobby as I laid off since January, I just felt this implosion of interest, maybe
reading the news too much. Anyhow, the first order of business was to clean the track and test
the frogectomy I had done earlier:

What is a a "frogectomy" you might ask? A frogectomy is the removal of frogs from diamonds.
In this case, it appeared the frogs were choking some of the oversize flanges on some of the
really vintage OO stuff that I cherish. So, having done that, with a Dremel, it all seems to
work fine, now!

A few European modelers are not above running the occasional North American piece through
the European countryside, and so it is that I like to run a few European pieces through the
otherwise British countryside. In this case, a sweet old OO Jouef French piece. What with the
buffers, no one knows the difference!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 02 2023 :  8:36:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice Jeff.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5934  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hornby of the Week Topic Next Topic: HObbyline additions  9-4-23  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000