Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 38 ]  [ Total: 38 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Golden Eagle Fans
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco PT experiment  - DCC conversion Topic Next Topic: Nice looking Alco lash-up  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - September 04 2007 :  5:01:21 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
This is my collection of Golden Eagle loco's and cabooses. It is hard to find these mint in box unused. I do have 3 out the photo that are mint non ran or removed from box. It took over 2 yrs to get the mint ones. The 2 cabooses in box are mint also. PLEASE NOTE = THE GOLDEN EAGLE WAS ONLY CATALOGED AND SOLD IN 1980. If you purchased after 1980 new in box - it was left over. These may have been available in late 79(Nov-Dec - possibly). The Golden Eagle is often on ebay mis-described as vintage 70's / new in box from 77 ??. I also have new in box Golden Eagle complete train set - not pictured. Late in 1980 the loco's feature directional lighting. I do not klnow if directional lighted loco's were sold in the sets. The one i have mint was sold individually and has sticker on box -- see photo below

REFRESHED FOR SMITTY9999

Edited by - Brianstyco on November 20 2010 08:49:13 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 04 2007 :  5:14:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
thats some collection or i should say part of a collection,well done old chap,thats one i would be proid of owning,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - September 04 2007 :  11:29:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
All I can say is WOW[:0]
It looks like Fort Knox there.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - September 05 2007 :  12:57:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
...dang, where's my sunblock? [}:)] is there an eclipse? I'll just tell my boss that I fell asleep under the sunlamp...

"Thar's Gold In Them Thar Boxes!!!"

[:O]

Zz

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - September 05 2007 :  2:20:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Great. Now I have the voice of Mike Myers in Austin Powers as Goldmember stuck in my head.

"GOWWWWWWWWWWLD"!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - September 06 2007 :  03:19:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
uh... I was thinking Yosemity Sam,(spelling?) actually...

uh, hadn't seen that flic' yet...

uh... "...I am a model railroader..."
You verbally force a pretty person into doing something... Model Railroading.
Ah, I got one click of a chuckle from a near-by cricket.

...heh... (walking away whistling...)

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on September 06 2007 03:22:16 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 20 2010 :  09:36:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I want a set 1 loco & 1 caboose please
Any reason it only came out in 1980??

Edited by - microbusss on November 20 2010 09:41:00 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - November 20 2010 :  12:00:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
MB - You want TOO MUCH!! - You need to change your id to IWANNA This and IWANNA That
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 20 2010 :  2:17:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
MB - You need to change your id to IWANNA This and IWANNA That

Originally posted by Brianstyco - November 20 2010 :  12:00:27 PM

I think it should actually be IWANTITALLWANTITALLWANTITALL... If you say it quick enough, it sounds like a steam engine chugging along. How appropriate.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 20 2010 :  2:59:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey I'm not greedy I did say "I wanted ONE of each"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

griffon_j9
Switcher

Posted - November 25 2010 :  12:33:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add griffon_j9 to Buddylist
Hi all,

New here and just started getting back into training (tyco) I actually bought this set when it came out.... but all I have now is the engine and caboose.... and the engine is dead and looks.... well.... used! the gold is flaking off....

Any way I am looking on ebay to get the set back, what is a good price to pay for what they say are new (though he took it out of the box to show it in pictures.... so I would say "not new" )

Also looking into the mod with the PS2 motor.... looks like fun

Drools over all the golden eagles..... wow

Edited by - griffon_j9 on November 27 2010 11:57:39 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 24  ~  Member Since: November 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 25 2010 :  6:49:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well,I got half the Eagle consist of engine and caboose this week - found a $2 GE caboose at a Brookeville, FL model train store. Not mint, but decent. Now all I need is the engine.

Jerry

Added and uploaded Nov. 26th

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on November 26 2010 8:34:27 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - October 10 2011 :  8:28:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Gonna Make One In N Scale, But More Delays. The Caboose Part, Anyways.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - October 18 2011 :  6:36:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
WOOHOO! I Got The Caboose Painted Last Weekend. When I Find My Camera, Ill get pics. Its SHINY!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco PT experiment  - DCC conversion Topic Next Topic: Nice looking Alco lash-up  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000