Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Pacific ID sought
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Black Hooker Chemical Tankers???? Topic Next Topic: Help with My new stock  

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 29 2007 :  7:40:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

Just got this. My first ever Tyco/Mantua Steamer. Can anyone tell me when it likely dates from. As you can see the motor is in the boiler, and apprently it has 6 wheel pick-up, about all I can tell you so far. So is it a Mantua or Tyco?

Thanks,
Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

LoopnHook
Big Six

Crusader

Posted - August 30 2007 :  04:30:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LoopnHook to Buddylist
Hey Gareth,

It’s a Tyco… with 80 inch Box Pak drivers a la the B&O RR… Age is hard to tell with these old eyes… It looks like an earlier 212 to me… Late models have plastic cabs and tender bodies… Real early, as in the 1950’s, had enclosed gear boxes as opposed to exposed worm and drive gear…Whatever the age or condition it’s a good ‘un… I’ve never met a Mantua/Tyco steamer that I didn’t like! [:D]

Loopy

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 200  ~  Member Since: October 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - August 31 2007 :  05:04:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Seeing those high drivers... run it fast and keep it lubbed, brushes and axles.
Little petro' oil on the pick-ups, Loco and tender... she'll run like a top.
I just love those drive rods!
It also has the same set of pilot wheels that I have on my ol' timer Tyco W & A RRD 4-6-0, also a flyer!
Again, pull your passenger trains, and keep it drag-free (good rolling freight/passenger wheels.)
Lube before putting it to bed.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Black Hooker Chemical Tankers???? Topic Next Topic: Help with My new stock  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000