Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 4 ]  [ Total: 4 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Another New Longvallon RR
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Check out this 36 Topic Next Topic: [H0] Gateway Central II Red Wing  

Longvallon_RR
Switcher

AV001

Posted - July 28 2022 :  11:13:35 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Longvallon_RR to Buddylist
Hello Happy Modelers !
As usual, I built another small H0 layout (4'9" x 3'8"). I used Peco and Hornby tracks, The radii of the curves are 20" and 17"1/4. Because I live in France I can't build big layouts like you do guys. I don't have enough room for that (Not enough money either !). I found out that I need one DC controller per track because no loco runs at the same speed if you see what I mean..But I'm very happy with the result !

If you think I'm crazy, you damn right !
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: July 27 2022  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2022 Alert Moderator 

Longvallon_RR
Switcher

AV001

Posted - July 28 2022 :  12:42:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Longvallon_RR to Buddylist
Today I tried to print some sort of autumn backdrop for my layout. What do you think about it ?

Country: France  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: July 27 2022  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 28 2022 :  1:17:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Does look nice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - July 28 2022 :  3:24:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
Looks good. I like the sight of autumn color along the tracks.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 28 2022 :  10:36:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very nice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Longvallon_RR
Switcher

AV001

Posted - July 29 2022 :  04:01:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Longvallon_RR to Buddylist
Thanks for your kind comments !
When I print my backdrop on a single A4 paper sheet, it works fine. But when I try to print it on a double A4, it's going a bit weird as you can see below:

Country: France  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: July 27 2022  ~  Last Visit: August 03 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Longvallon_RR
Switcher

AV001

Posted - July 29 2022 :  08:30:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Longvallon_RR to Buddylist
The big question is: What can I do about that ? Thanks for your help.

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - July 29 2022 :  6:22:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

When I print my backdrop on a single A4 paper sheet, it works fine. But when I try to print it on a double A4, it's going a bit weird.
Originally posted by Longvallon_RR - July 29 2022 :  04:01:21 AM

I assume that the white squares are not printed, but just show what looks odd on the backdrop. I thought the bottom picture less jarring than the top one, because there are such open lanes in the forest, in places. The one thing wrong is the total symmetry. Do the two sides have to be printed mirror image, like that? It seems like if both halves were printed the same direction, there would be a repeating pattern, but it would not be so obvious because the identical parts would be farther apart.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 29 2022 :  9:40:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I know nothing about printing a backdrop....but I love that autumn tree backdrop.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Check out this 36 Topic Next Topic: [H0] Gateway Central II Red Wing  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000