Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 38 ]  [ Total: 39 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW: June 26th - June 2nd
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW July 20 - July 26 Topic Next Topic: LOTW June 20 to 26, 2022  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 26 2022 :  9:41:52 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ephrata Valley Railroad DCF9 (Double-Cab F9) #222, the one and the only. In legend, DCF9 #222 was a custom engine constructed at the Ephrata Valley Engine Shops - a joint company owned by Anderson Lines Shop and RP Works - from 2 retired F9's. The DCF9 was mechanically upgraded to a GP35, and proved itself very useful in short distance freight service.

In reality, I dreamt up the idea with inspiration from Austrailian B-Class double-end diesels that have EMD "bullnose" styling, and after stripping the paint off 2 old Tyco F9 shells, cut them with snippers and trimmed the plastic down with the dremel and file, to get the 2 ends to fit together as neatly as possible. The 2 shells were sent off to Aaron to get glued together, sent back to get spray-painted "heritage red", and sent back again (twice) for details.

The drive system is made from old Tyco Austrian-made trucks, with 1 motor truck and 1 trailing truck. I had a spare directional lighting board out of a Tyco GG1, so I wired it up so that when the DCF9 runs forward, the front headlight comes on, and vice-versa.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 26 2022 :  10:41:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Spins my head around, backwards!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

C P L
Switcher

Posted - June 27 2022 :  05:45:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add C P L to Buddylist
Well done. You did a hell of a job. Congrats. Love this diesel. I want the same !
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 70  ~  Member Since: June 14 2022  ~  Last Visit: July 08 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - June 27 2022 :  6:22:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
The directional lighting was an appropriate and clever addition.

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1485  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 27 2022 :  9:23:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank you all!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW July 20 - July 26 Topic Next Topic: LOTW June 20 to 26, 2022  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000