Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 "The Ephrata Valley Flyer" thru the years
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Need advice about window glass restoration Topic Next Topic: Kirbi station repair of very old station  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 19 2022 :  10:19:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The Ephrata Valley Railroad "Flyer" was the railroad's most popular passenger express train service - and it was hauled by many different HO-Scale steam and diesel locomotives thru the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJNyzEv6rQ8

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 20 2022 :  01:50:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great montage!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Rockville
Switcher

RevellAvatar

Posted - May 20 2022 :  05:35:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Rockville to Buddylist
Love the EV paint scheme on the gg1.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: March 21 2022  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Lachute
Switcher

CNRedAvatar

Posted - May 20 2022 :  08:42:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Lachute to Buddylist
Wonderful !
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 7  ~  Member Since: May 15 2022  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 20 2022 :  9:58:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank you, all!

The Ephrata Valley scheme on the Tyco GG1, as well as the other "heritage red" EVRR diesel locomotives and passenger cars featured in this video, are all the work of Aaron Anderson, who has done and continues to produce top quality custom HO-Scale trains for the Ephrata Valley.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 25 2022 :  11:56:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Love it!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 26 2022 :  2:43:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Ooh, very nice to see, especially with the custom livery.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 26 2022 :  9:23:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 29 2022 :  9:24:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vsZO4xpUSU

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 30 2022 :  12:11:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
The only thing better than being able to run two trains at once, is being able to run three trains at once! I like the crossovers and can't wait to see how you scenic the new section!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CPL57
Switcher

RoboAvatar

Posted - May 30 2022 :  01:25:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CPL57 to Buddylist
Me too !
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: May 21 2022  ~  Last Visit: June 07 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 30 2022 :  01:59:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Kaboom Central?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CPL57
Switcher

RoboAvatar

Posted - May 30 2022 :  03:25:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CPL57 to Buddylist
quote:
The Kaboom Central?

Originally posted by Chops124 - May 30 2022 :  01:59:53 AM

Country: France  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: May 21 2022  ~  Last Visit: June 07 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 31 2022 :  10:40:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
RP, if you wired the third power pack (for the 4x4) to the now unoccupied terminals of the DPDT switch rather than directly to the rails, the 4x4 would only ever be wired to either the third power pack or the one for the outside track on the 4x8, but never both. Then, you wouldn't need to worry about whether the direction switches matched.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 01 2022 :  8:39:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
RP, if you wired the third power pack (for the 4x4) to the now unoccupied terminals of the DPDT switch rather than directly to the rails, the 4x4 would only ever be wired to either the third power pack or the one for the outside track on the 4x8, but never both. Then, you wouldn't need to worry about whether the direction switches matched.

Originally posted by scsshaggy-May 31 2022: 10:40:20 PM

Ok, I understand.

But I have one question - if I connected the 2 wires from the 3rd (4x4) powerpack to the unused terminals on the DPDT switch, when I flip the switch to the right, won't that connect the center terminals to the left (previously unused terminals) or connect power from the 4x8 outer line powerpack to the wires from the 3rd powerpack, like connecting the 2 packs?

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 01 2022 :  8:40:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
The only thing better than being able to run two trains at once, is being able to run three trains at once! I like the crossovers and can't wait to see how you scenic the new section!

Originally posted by DaCheez-May 30 2022: 12:11:48 AM

Thank you, and I too can't wait to start working on scenery and such.

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 01 2022 :  10:28:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
If I connected the 2 wires from the 3rd (4x4) powerpack to the unused terminals on the DPDT switch, when I flip the switch to the right, won't that connect the center terminals to the left (previously unused terminals) or connect power from the 4x8 outer line powerpack to the wires from the 3rd powerpack, like connecting the 2 packs?

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 01 2022 :  8:39:17 PM

That's true. I missed an important step. The yellow wires would need to be in the middle with the red and white wires at one end and the wires from the 4x4 layout's power pack at the other end. Then you'd be selecting one or the other to run the 4x4.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 02 2022 :  9:30:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
If I connected the 2 wires from the 3rd (4x4) powerpack to the unused terminals on the DPDT switch, when I flip the switch to the right, won't that connect the center terminals to the left (previously unused terminals) or connect power from the 4x8 outer line powerpack to the wires from the 3rd powerpack, like connecting the 2 packs?

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 01 2022 :  8:39:17 PM

That's true. I missed an important step. The yellow wires would need to be in the middle with the red and white wires at one end and the wires from the 4x4 layout's power pack at the other end. Then you'd be selecting one or the other to run the 4x4.

Originally posted by scsshaggy-June 01 2022: 10:28:02 PM

I get it now! I will definitely do that - thanks shaggy!

Previous Topic: Need advice about window glass restoration Topic Next Topic: Kirbi station repair of very old station  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000